✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-Jul-2014] Royal Albert Hall, London, UK

Tash

all forms of photography, videos , audio are strictly prohibited ?? WTF ? so there will be coming a DVD !!

But everyone filmed :D

No.

It's prohibited so that you can't sell your concert pictures afterwards. Only people from the press are allowed to take pictures, I saw quite a few of them running around during the first few songs.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Batman, I filmed almost all of the songs, even took pictures :lol:

No.

It's prohibited so that you can't sell your concert pictures afterwards. Only people from the press are allowed to take pictures, I saw quite a few of them running around during the first few songs.

No.

same thing as in Paris. My first thought was that they got the HOT SEATS in front of the front row and in front of my eyes..aaahhh..but they left after the third song.

But a friend of mine told me ( she was in front row..) they filmed the show...now I am a bit confused...

same thing as in Paris. My first thought was that they got the HOT SEATS in front of the front row and in front of my eyes..aaahhh..but they left after the third song.

But a friend of mine told me ( she was in front row..) they filmed the show...now I am a bit confused...

If there are screens with projection of the concert, they have to film it. It doesn't mean they are gonna release anything...

If there are screens with projection of the concert, they have to film it. It doesn't mean they are gonna release anything...

It was SO cinematic though. They had every angle covered and they did the unfocused-to-focus thing a load of times. REALLY reminded me of the Live 2012 DVD. The camera men kept getting in the way though :angry;

Before the start:

P7020148.jpg

all forms of photography, videos , audio are strictly prohibited ?? WTF ? so there will be coming a DVD !!

But everyone filmed :D

I think that is just the standard Royal Albert Hall sheet which they use for every event. It does make sense for a classical concert.

I think that is just the standard Royal Albert Hall sheet which they use for every event. It does make sense for a classical concert.

I dont think so. It didnt happen when I watched James Blunt last April. Coldplay were strict last week with these rules, but nobody couldnt rely on them except showing their ID when coming inside of the hall for the tickets.

I met him a couple of years ago. Though a new person could have taken on the 'role' I guess (?). Anyway it's probably worth asking him and/or Debs who 'Jesus' is and to pass on thanks :)

someone asked the Oracle:

8 July 2014 / submitted by Lestyn, United Kingdom

Q. Hey Oracle!

I was at the the RAH on the 2nd of July, me and my friend sat in our circle seats when a mysterious man came out of nowhere and told us that the band had bought a load of front row tickets and were giving them to hardcore fans. Me and my friend were almost in tears so my question is: who is this man and how can I contact him and thank him?

Thank You!

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

As you are (now) aware, the band buy up tickets for the first couple of rows - it's been happening for years. Before the show, a member of the crew or touring party (trainer Dan, family/friends) hunt down die-hard fans and "upgrade" their nosebleed seats to front rows.

At the RAH, the man in question is called Dick and he is a lovely Irish gent.

I shall pass on your thanks to him.

MY REVIEW!! (to make a long story long?)

Hello, here is my review (of the entire day!). It might be a bit weird or crazy, but you don't have to read it if you don't want to :p

First one the tuedays I sat outside the Royal Albert Hall from about 5pm-8:30pm trying to get a ticket for the show, but all I got was a picture with F1 championship leader Nice Rosberg :)

rosberg_zps41796c54.jpg

WEDNEDSDAY - July 2nd 2014

So, as planned, i left the hotel for the 10:30am meet-up at the Royal Albert statue, but when i got to the station, IT HAD NO SERVICE THAT DAY!!! Had to walk to the next station and then take the tube from there, so i arrived 2 minutes late because of this, but still couldn't find anyone :o i started walking around the statue, and eventually i saw a familiar face, Sparky/Marc :)

We waited for a few others, but only 2 of them showed up, grids/Afi and wisna/Zuzana. After standing there for a while we took off around Hyde Park where we ended up at a little café next to the pond. After a while Mayurshikotra showed up aswell. :)

20140702_133122.jpg

We went to the bakery where we met Batman and a couple others, also passed Chris' house, which was empty, though his car was on the driveway. And as we were heading back from the Bakery someone tried to deliver mail to his house :o

bakery_zpsccda568f.jpg

On the tube back to RAH with Mr. Coldplaying II, aka. Sparky, aka. Marc

tubeMarc_zpsb4403374.jpg

Back at the Royal Albert Hall i went to meet up with the guy who I'd promised to buy my spare ticket, at the price I payed for it (no touting!).

RAHticket_zpse819f164.jpg

Well inside we made our way to our seats and waited for the show to begin. Aluna George was alright, but nothing I'd put in my music library....

The intro tune "An Ending" (by Brian Eno) sounded just weird... :p

THEN that O so special intro started and everyone went crazy. Coldplay entered, Shiver(s) started running through my body and the began!!

Always In My Head - More beautiful than I've ever heard it before. And that moment was soo special for me, I had to really think about what I was doing to keep the tears from running :bigcry:

Charlie Brown - My favorite, so dancing a singing was a definite!! It was as amazing as on the Mylo tour, but still, it's Charlie Brown, it's Coldplay live, no possible way that cannot be great :laugh3:

Paradise - Crowd was extremely loud on the oooh oooh bit, and the whole place just lit up

RAHParadise_zps25a50a0e.jpg

Magic - Not a big fan of that, but the roof projections were cool, so i mostly looked at them through this song :p

RAHMagic_zpsc661c963.jpg

Clocks - I LOVE IT!! It's so powerful, everything is just red! And the lasers, just amazing all the way through! :dance:

The Scientis - I was NOT expecting that! Got the shills and just enjoyed the whole song. Sang it as loudly as I could, and everyone around me just seemed to love the shit out of that performance...

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face - Alot like the 2012 version, with alot of clapping and shouting in my section. Also very powerful, and ending with the guitar landing on the floor. I love Will's enthusiasm in this song, he's just smashing away :drums: :smash

Til Kingdom Come - didn't fit the setlist, and not among my favorite. Just before it started I decided to try to film the next song, and it happened to be this, so i did the whole one.

[video=youtube_www;LX7mXDI1MNM]www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX7mXDI1MNM

Don't Panic - I was absolutely amazed when this song started, and the fact that Jonny got to sing 3(!) times made it even better! I l:heart:ved the whole thing!

[video=youtube_www;VSZHBV4DGjQ]www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSZHBV4DGjQ

Everything's Not Lost - OMG is this for real? They're actually playing EVERYTHING'S NOT LOST?!? I almost fainted, cause this is one song I've always wanted to hear live!!! :rolleyes4: but then...

Ink - !!!!!!!! ALL I KNOW, IS THAT I LOVE YOU SO, SO MUCH THAT IT HURTS!!! :dance: :bliss: now this show cannot possibly get any better, right? :thinking:

True Love - kind of expected, and it was really good live. Cool with the color explosions in the roof aswell. Towards the end of it I saw a familiar bell getting rolled out the the actuall RAH stage. hmm...

Viva La Vida - Chris is amazing, running around the audience, letting people touch him and getting great photos. Really enjoyed seeing all the happy faces on the people around that area :)

Midnight - ooh.. they had to do it... The laser-harp was pretty cool to see in action though :)

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - Everyone started dancing, and this song always goes down well on a live set! :dance:

intermission... waiting...

RAHStars_zps1e9eb580.jpg

Oceans - I really like this song, and this time was no exception. I just floated away with the lyrics and it felt like I ended up in heaven, but I was wrong, cause the whole hall was about to EXPLODE in jumping and dancing!!!

A Sky Full Of Stars - I'm surprised the place didn't collapse with all that jumping, it was like a mad party and EVERYONE was really enjoying themselves by the looks of it. Then the confettin started flying and my section was filled with it :wacky:

Fix You - The last song of the night, and again the tears wanted to come, but I wouldn't let them. I tried to enjoy this as much as possible and just took in as much of this amazing atmosphere as possible before it was over. Tears stream down your face, I promised you I would learn from my mistakes! Tears stream down your face and AAAA AAA AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! Lights will guuuuuiiiiiide you home and igniiiiiiiite your bones. And I will tryyyyy to fix you...... and it's done... here come the tears (only a few of them, but still, never happened to me before)

Overall it was and amazing show, and I loved every bit of it! THANK YOU COLDPLAY!!!

After the show a few of us met up again, and the rest is history. Thanks to everyone involved. I cannot wait to see you guys again, I had a really great time all day long. And if you ever come to Sweden, tell me, and I'll try to come to wherever you're going :)

aftershow_zps928a0978.jpg

I've just quickly read a few posts on here (I'll have a proper read in a bit) about photography at the gig. I phoned RAH maybe the day before the gig to check if we could take cameras seeing as they weren't allowed at the Paris gig after a bag search. Anyway, according to the lady I spoke to on the phone, the boys made an exception for us at the RAH :) However, I really didn't appreciate hearing a voice disturbing me during the gig that I was engrossed in. Turns out it was a member of staff and she said to me, "You're not filming this are you???" So I said No and pressed the button to take a pic. Urghhhhh, like goooo awaaaaayyyyyyy, I'm trying to enjoy the best band in the world! By the way, I wasn't filming the gig, it just looked like it 'cos I was trying to take a good photo of the boys. Sorry about the rant, it annoyed me so much! x

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally home for christmas so decided to upload my videos from the night after watching them all back :P Sorry they arent the best quality but hopefully it will take some of you back. What a great night!

[video=youtube;-eFTZgJsr7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eFTZgJsr7I&list=UU17yov2v2iUHl982Xfk8QkQ

[video=youtube;LsyzgG_0y2c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsyzgG_0y2c&list=UU17yov2v2iUHl982Xfk8QkQ