✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-Jul-2014] Royal Albert Hall, London, UK

Tash

Wow, that was something special!

And I eat my words about them not being able to project onto the mushrooms. Never seen that done before, but it was done exquisitely. They'd obviously had to map the size and location of each one for the projections to work. All that attention to detail for two shows...

Too many happy memories... :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got in and caught up on the thread.

Amazing venue.

Amazing set up (stage and visuals etc).

Astonishing crowd :D

But for me (those apart) one of the lamest gigs I've seen them play stretching back to 2002. We knew the setlist from last night, but I didn't expect them to fail (or bother) to tease out anything extra from songs like Everything's Not Lost when the crowd were by no means finished (same with Viva La Vida though personally I think it's had it's day). Charlie Brown was truncated too. Just drop the euphoria and move onto the next number to get the gig over quicker I guess...

How they played some of these tracks over those that people who've probably been waiting years to hear the likes of In My Place, Yellow (especially) and Politik is anyone's guess.

Still, a great night at a superb venue.

Oh God, this seems so f****** awesome, why can't we hear it? Why? Why?...

It was the same as last night.

Was Everything's Not Lost played?

It was but not 'properly' imvho.

Anyone who missed this should ask themselves why. If you couldnt get tickets, i feel sorry very sorry for you. If you didnt even try to get here, you are dumb and stupid.

Have some empathy please, just because you were lucky enough to have a ticket doesn't mean you can sneer at others - I met a few people outside who were desperate to get in but were only offered tickets by touts. I got talking to one and he said they were selling for £300-£400 and when I said they wouldn't be able to get in without ID he just laughed and said 'that's their problem'. There were quite a few empty seats near me (arena - great seats). Very sad :(

Still, was a wonderful place and night to say 'goodbye' to a band I first saw in Japan over a decade ago :)

I was writing that in the adrenaline rush right after gig.

All i was saying is, that you missed a great show and made a mistake if you decided not to try to get tickets. I know a lot of people would have loved to be there tonight and tried hard to get tickets, i feel sorry for them that they couldnt be here.

Sent via Tapatalk

That was an incredible night! So grateful to finally met a few people in person from this forum. I am so glad this has happened!! Thank you very much Coldplay and Coldplayers who have been so awesome! :) :)

I loved the way that, when we got on the tube, I could pick up the Evening Standard and turn straight to last night's review, which I'd ignored on the way down, and could effectively read the review of the gig I'd just been to...

A few favourite pics of the night:

10386951_10152675546822868_5305664387779482597_o.jpg

10531454_10152675544792868_362571476542196358_o.jpg

10463855_10152675546902868_7873472846824382181_o.jpg

10462422_10152675546622868_3302912119444620243_o.jpg

10386970_10152675547437868_123183022066474291_o.jpg

Lucky sweet people that had tickets to the shows with small venues, happy for you all and Ghost Stories. Sad it's over now and no more shows. They are working in the bakery now..:awesome:

Thanx for the pics and the updates!

What a night... Awesome venue and crowd.

Still would love a setlist with less hits and more surprises but great to hear Don't Panic live for the first time, and Chris and Jonny were hilarious. Everything's Not Lost made me cry and ASFOS is much better live.

Thanks to amazing people fixing us up with tickets and making it a very special day, and to everyone there for being so loud. I couldn't hear myself think during the show which was not a problem because I didn't use my brain anyway.

That was superb. Amazing band. Amazing crowd. Amazing venue.

Might post some pics and vids when I'm back home. Currently at the airport.

And it was so nice seeing eventually some faces behind the usernames :D nice gathering in front of the statue

Was the sound quality representative of other concerts? This was my first CP concert. To me it seemed they cranked the speakers well beyond their capacity.

All concerts are different depending on the set up. From where I was (back arena <edit> sorry I mean back stalls opposite the stage) it did seem they pushed the sound a little too far, but I guess they need that so it reaches the upper levels (?) <edit2> it's always a balance at gigs

Was the sound quality representative of other concerts? This was my first CP concert. To me it seemed they cranked the speakers well beyond their capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was fine from where i was sitting (Stalls G). Just watched the videos i recorded and they sounded fine too. Compared to my previous 3 shows i saw i would say it sounded good enough.

Videos coming tonight as soon as i'm back home.

Sent via Tapatalk

Why? YouTube is the easiest for everyone to watch.

Because Youtube loses quality, but for ease of viewing and everyone to be able to see it I agree it'd be great to have it on there too :)

All concerts are different depending on the set up. From where I was (back arena <edit> sorry I mean back stalls opposite the stage) it did seem they pushed the sound a little too far, but I guess they need that so it reaches the upper levels (?) <edit2> it's always a balance at gigs

I was in a Grand Tier box and it to me it seemed overwhelmingly loud and distorted at times. But yeah, I guess it was that loud to reach the gallery, etc.

It was fine from where i was sitting (Stalls G). Just watched the videos i recorded and they sounded fine too. Compared to my previous 3 shows i saw i would say it sounded good enough.

Videos coming tonight as soon as i'm back home.

Sent via Tapatalk

I think my problem is I have no frame of reference. I only went to one concert before this and it was a huge outdoors concert at the very back.

As I just mentioned it seemed extremely loud and sometimes distorted in my Grand Tier box.

I think my problem is I have no frame of reference. I only went to one concert before this and it was a huge outdoors concert at the very back.

As I just mentioned it seemed extremely loud and sometimes distorted in my Grand Tier box.

Open Air is allways the best since there is nothing to obstruct the sound. The open air MX show 2012 was the best i've experienced so far.

Sent via Tapatalk

Open Air is allways the best since there is nothing to obstruct the sound. The open air MX show 2012 was the best i've experienced so far.

Sent via Tapatalk

I bet! I sort of expected the same sound quality as on Live 2012 which is awesome. I've watched it many many times, and it sounds soooo good. I think delicious sound is half the experience, not just pumping bass.

I bet! I sort of expected the same sound quality as on Live 2012 which is awesome. I've watched it many many times, and it sounds soooo good. I think delicious sound is half the experience, not just pumping bass.

Absolutely, good sound is the most important thing at a concert. Obviously. You cant judge on DVD or TV broadcasts because they are getting their sound directly from the mic's and instrument and just a small part of it comes from outside mic's.

Sent via Tapatalk

I was in a Grand Tier box and it to me it seemed overwhelmingly loud and distorted at times. But yeah, I guess it was that loud to reach the gallery, etc.

I dunno I'm trying to be generous :) I must admit I was tempted more than once to dash down to Miller (Roadie #42) at the sound stage and have a word!

If there's wind or rain it plays havoc with sound at open air gigs, an inside gig is a very much more controllable environment.

All that said, it wasn't bad last night, and it was a great night :D