✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-Jul-2014] Royal Albert Hall, London, UK

Tash

First chance I've had to post on here since the amazing concert. Was absolutely fantastic just as usual. Same setlist as night before which was a tad disappointing, but then again it was a superb setlist so I won't complain too much. Don't Panic was definitely one of the night's best; Jonny didn't expect Chris to ask him to sing the verse 3 times!! That was a special moment that we'll probably never get to see again :D.

Charlie Brown was energetic as usual and still remains one of their best songs live, the same can be said for Clocks. I really enjoyed Everything's Not Lost too (even if Chris did forget some of the lyrics! haha). Ink was brilliant, and True Love was my favourite Ghost Stories song of the night; that is one masterpiece of a song! Viva La Vida and ETIAW are most definitely in the same category as CB and Clocks for awesomeness in being played live! By the time it had gotten to the encore I was drained and actually made myself feel a little ill with all of the jumping about and singing I was doing in the Grand Tier Box! So for the encore I just sort of watched and sung the words in a more calm way, only for Oceans though because there's no way I could stand still for ASFOS! Can definitely see that being a mainstay on future tours! And to round the night off with my favourite song of them all, Fix You, was heartwarming, particularly with Chris' dedication of the song to the poorly boy he met the night before.

I'm pleased I had the opportunity to see them play in the round, but if I'm being totally honest I would prefer to see them on normal front facing stage again the next time I see them (which will probably be the case). I was in a Grand Tier Box to the right of the stage if you're looking at it from a normal point of view, but I was disappointed slightly in the view for some songs, the songs where Chris played his guitar at the mic there was obviously little movement around the stage. Jonny's back was just about turned away from me for most of the gig, and the view of Guy wasn't much better. I had a decent(ish) view of Will, but £135 (the most expensive seats in the venue) I expected a much better view. I don't know how bad it must have been for those on the stage. I bet they never saw Jonny or Guy's faces! The concert was worth the money of course, but whether the view was I'm not so sure.

When all's said and done I felt privileged to have been there on Wednesday night because I know I was witnessing a magical night and the boys put on an absolutely superb performance! Well done boys! Can't wait till the next time :D.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but if I'm being totally honest I would prefer to see them on normal front facing stage again the next time I see them (which will probably be the case)

I totally agree with that. This was my first seated Coldplay concert and it was really unusual to be so far from the stage D:

And I live by "who comes first gets front row"-rule so yeah, I rather spend my entire day camping in front of the venue and then get front row instead of spending two weeks on a freaking website looking out for spare seating tix :dead:

I totally agree with that. This was my first seated Coldplay concert and it was really unusual to be so far from the stage D:

And I live by "who comes first gets front row"-rule so yeah, I rather spend my entire day camping in front of the venue and then get front row instead of spending two weeks on a freaking website looking out for spare seating tix :dead:

I agree completely!

Hopefully next time we're camping again, I don't care if it's freezing cold or boiling hot.

I arrived home today, still trying to recover and get back to reality. The few days in London were surreal.

I'm not gonna write a long review because I'm not good at it and I probably wouldn't write anything that wasn't written before.

Both nights were amazing and I'm so grateful that I got to see them live again.

Thanks to all the amazing fans who made the experience even better!

it's freaking long lol sorry :freak:

getting the tickets

for the first show I relied on mum and the school's wifi. (the typical school wifi that randomly decides to stop working several times a day) 40 minutes before the sale I had a French listening exam. the teacher told us it took the previous class 40 minutes, panic panic! so I hurried like crazy, handed in at 10:23. (Belgian time) but we had to wait until the bell rings at the end of the hour until we could leave, so at 10:28 I asked to go to the toilet and went to the app, when I opened it at 10:29 I was already in the queue and never got further than that -.- during the break (10 mins later) I called my mum to tell her not to do ANYTHING whilst being in the queue, as I thought refreshing might put you at the back of the queue each time. our next teacher was absent so I stared at the app for 50 minutes, by the end of the hour it was sold out and the 2nd show was announced, so everything wasn't lost! The next teacher got us chocolate and cookies, but that's very offtopic. so for the 5pm sale I was home, with 3 computers and a phone.. I was able to select 2 tickets twice, but when i clicked on 'buy tickets', they disappeared. then I got a screen saying 'service busy' and was put in a queue, it said 'you can manually refresh as much as you like', so I eh, did. I hit f5 like a complete lunatic but nothing.. then I saw one of my coldplayer friends, Prissie, got tickets! that meant she had tickets for herself and another friend. so they were kinda cheering for me on the other forum and I kept hitting f5… after some minutes I refreshed the other forum again because I was desperate and saw Ldyspace had managed to buy 1 ticket (Sharon you are awesome I have already bombed you with thank you's but thank you so so much!) I kept on trying for a bit longer because I just couldn't believe it but apparently they really had a ticket for me! I jumped through the house and ate dinner, spilled tomato sauce on my shirt and didn't notice, and there it ends I guess, with tomato sauce. then I slowly got back to normal life and breathing and that sort of stuff.

PS: if you ever need luck, listen to Everything's Not Lost. it works. I do it every time.

The awesome and silly coincidence (I wrote this part last week)

2 July. That is an awesome coincidence. Exactly 7 months before 2 July 2014, on 2 November 2013, I went to my first concert, my other favourite band Editors. It was the best experience of my life and well, *maybe*, 7 months after it happened that day will be topped my Coldplay. on 2 July 2011 Coldplay played at a festival in my country and even though I knew from the beginning that I wouldn't go (I was 14 and had no one to go with, there was no way I'd go to that festival alone) I jumped in the air form excitement when it was announced. I made a countdown thing on a piece of paper and coloured 1 little square each day until 2 July. As that day approached I was so excited that it actually felt as if I was going. I was a bit silly and climbed on the roof, facing the direction of the festival and the radio broadcasted the first 3 songs :dazzled: I still find it weird that I was excited instead of frustrated because I couldn't go because I've been waiting to see Coldplay live for 4 years. But now, exactly 3 years after that weird 2 July 2011, it's happening. 14-year-old me counted down to the right day, but 3 years too early. Also, the same 14-year-old me went to London in March that year and didn't spend all her pounds. The other week I remembered that I still had about 14 pounds somewhere. Hey 14 pounds! that's something! I'm a poor student and this trip is financially ruining me (it's 100% worth it though) Thanks 14-year-old me, you're awesome!

back to 2014! :freak:

I took the train to London, had to take 2 trains actually and I was so excited that I even took a photo of an ordinary train.

IMG_0360_zps67d2d7ba.jpg

I arrived and met Prissie/Priscilla at the train station. We took the tube to the hotel and I think we changed tubes and in some station, don't remember which one, and there was a massive Ghost Stories poster!

P1030236_zps84ad0ad3.jpg

We went to check out the RAH and I spotted a certain wifi hotspot hmmm..

IMG_0363_zpsfe13fd21.png

then we got back to the park at the other side of the street and sat on the stairs in front of the memorial, facing the RAH. *sigh* what a view!

IMG_0362_zps4f9cf7bc.jpg

Then I went to the Bakery and The Beehive with Prissie. So cool to see the place where the magic happens!

P1030259_zpsee2044d8.jpg

P1030252_zps7304daf0.jpg

I decided not to listen to the stream because I wanted the setlist to be a surprise but Anchorman himself spoiled a part of it it :angry: (I should've disabled the twitter notifications on my phone) I might forgive him someday.

On Wednesday I had lunch/breakfast/dessert with an awesome bunch of people: Jelena, Imke, Hetty, Row, Anita and her husband, Thalia, Emma, Priscilla and Raphaele. It was so great to meet you all! :awesome:

P1030276_zps5e3792a0.jpg

Row, Priscilla, Emma and I wandered around and sat down on a random square that turned out to be St. Martin's Place. I swear it was a coincidence! We wanted to take the bus to the RAH because most of us had never been in those red doubledeckers, but first 2 buses didn't stop and just drove past us like "LOL you want to get to the RAH? well NO HAHAAAA" but they weren't even doubledeckers so ok fine then :angry: The 3rd bus wasn't a doubledecker either but it did stop so we hopped on.

IMG_0380_zpsd11df3c3.jpg

:wacky:

We got some sandwiches in the RAH and met Ellen and Tash. Tash accidentally spoiled the setlist by mentioning Everything's Not Lost, which resulted in me totally losing my shit in front of everyone because it's one of my favourite songs and I didn't expect them to play it at all :lol: (Tash, it's ok, thank you in fact because otherwise I might have fainted during the concert :dead: ) we picked up our tickets and that was the point I stopped being calm. It's so prettaayyy!

IMG_0382_zps6e55803f.jpg

We went back to the park and met a lot of other fans from Coldplaying and Twitter (sorry guys I didn't know your faces haha!)

We got in and MAN what a view :dazzled: Circle row 1, so we were sitting very high but had no one in front of us (luckily because I'm reaaaaally short)

IMG_0392_zps8592551b.jpg

I also spotted Hoppy, Matt McGinn and Miller/Roadie 42 :p. I did a last toilet break and then it was AlunaGeorge time.. not my thing to be honest, not that she was /that/ bad, it's just… why is she Coldplay's support act? it's a whole different genre and she really didn't get the crowd along, I saw one person dancing but that was pretty much it. Bit of a weird choice as a support act if you ask me but oh well. TIME FOR THE REAL DEAL! the moment I had waited for for about 4 freaking years, a Coldplay concert. During AIMH I wasn't realising yet what was happening. I always have that during the first song at a concert, like 'is this freaking real wow man wow' and he song is so short it was over before I knew it, but it's so so beautiful. During Paradise I had the feeling that literally everyone was singing along, wonderful! Same for Magic. I recorded a part of that song and when I showed my dad earlier he said "there's too many people singing along it's too much!" :lol: I have no idea why the video is vertical. If I watch it on my phone it's even upside down :huh2:

[video=youtube;fYv8rFpmNQ4]

Okay, maybe everyone was singing along to Magic, but certainly not as loud as we could! I'm already running out of adjectives and we've only arrived at song 6, The Scientist. I mean WOW! Breathtaking! GPASUYF stays one of my favourite Coldplay songs and Til Kingdom Come… :dazzled: "For you I've waited all these years" yes Chris, indeed! The next highlight (lol well it was just one long highlight actually :P) was Don't Panic of course. Jonny singing :dead: twice. :dead::dead: Chris said something like "it would be an achievement if we get him to sing it 3 times" and when the song just continued after the second time I thought: aw really guys? come oooon! haha! I should've known it wouldn't stop after the 2nd time but :dead::dead::dead: Jonny was really like 'argh guys stop doing this to meee' but his voice is fantastic and everyone knows it :dazzled:

Right. Then. Everything's Not Lost :dazzled::dazzled: my recording of Ink contains some really ugly singing/yelling by myself so I won't post it :p. Loved the projections on the ceiling during True Love (and also Magic!) and then Viva :awesome: everyone singing their lungs out again, man what a great moment, I want to do that again already! My recording of the first minute of ASFOS is also mainly me singing (can't even call it singing actually) and Fix You is the perfect song to close with.

Pictures:

most of my pictures are like this

P1030302_zps8ea149aa.jpg

but I got a few okay ones

P1030305_zps6dcc1c30.jpg

P1030301_zpsf075c505.jpg

P1030325_zpsb5db3a49.jpg

P1030330_zps34a0a012.jpg

P1030334_zps957fa5b4.jpg

Since we were in the Circle, the confetti didn't reach us and I really wanted to get some so we got down to the Stalls to grab some off the floor. I filled my bag (got a bag full of stars now!) Took some pictures of Jonny's guitars :wideeyed: and then we walked back to the door and there was Phil Harvey, taking a picture with a fan! :stunned: I couldn't believe my eyes haha! I wanted to give Priscilla my camera but it was somewhere in the bag full of stars and I couldn't find it, so I gave her my phone and said "Hi Phil!" He was surprised that so many people knew who he was and said that apparently there were some really big fans here. (I was thinking hey, you're a member of the band!!) He asked what my name was and said that the other girl he had just met was also called Hannah :laugh3:

BrnpcYWCUAIktSp.jpg

:wacky::wacky::wacky:

This was hands down the best day of my life, first meeting all of you awesome people and then this as my first Coldplay concert. Couldn't have wished for a better one :dazzled:. And then I even got to meet Phil :dead:

Who was this great person?

After getting 2 balcony tickets at last for me and my stepdaughter I was happy, but I wished she could have had a better view, this being her first concert and all.

Out of the blue a read-bearded man came and tapped on my shoulder. He gave us front row tickets and asked us to make sure to have fun.

This person gave us the best day ever. The 17 year old next to me was in para-para-paradise and I felt like 17 again. Loved every minute of it.

THANK YOU, but who are you? how can we thank you?10432969_10152242397637947_692548477004458980_n.jpg

This man's name needs to be known. I need to write him a personal thank you! Anyone reckon it could have been Anchorman? Judging by the vines he was putting up he had access to everywhere in the Hall...

Could be? Both him & the lady had AAA passes around their necks.

This person gave us the best day ever. The 17 year old next to me was in para-para-paradise and I felt like 17 again. Loved every minute of it.

Hooray ! - someone else who says CP makes them feel young again... join the club... of 1, so far. There must be others out there ?