✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2014-09-17] Coldplay at The Theatre at Ace Hotel Downtown LA

gai

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're playing a show on the 18th as well, same location. A Dutch radiostation had a contest to win tickets + a trip there last week, so I obviously tried all I could... Winners are announced this week :)

Which radio station? Do you have a link?

They were advertising it like crazy on the radio station and website itself, and I'm pretty sure I saw some online banners on a couple of other websites as well, but nothing other than that. The best that can come of that little promotion is that it might increase my chances of winning...

On Twitter someone said they called the Ace Hotel and they said there was no show on the 18th. Guess the radio station is mistaken then, with the show actually taking place on the 17th? (Either that or they are playing an even more secretive show in a different location...)

On Twitter someone said they called the Ace Hotel and they said there was no show on the 18th. Guess the radio station is mistaken then, with the show actually taking place on the 17th? (Either that or they are playing an even more secretive show in a different location...)

Maybe they got their time zones mixed up. The show on the 17th in LA will be the 18th in Netherlands. Lol.

Anyone with some extra $$$ can bid on tickets to the Sept 17 show, for charity.

https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/600025

• home_page_thumb.jpg?1409939499
  • home_page_thumb.JPG?1409939514

detail.jpg?1409939499

2 ARTIST GUEST LIST TICKETS TO COLDPLAY'S SPECIAL CONCERT ON SEPTEMBER 17 IN LA

Current Bid:$905.00 (8 bids)

Estimated Value:$500.00

Winning bidder: alisondunn13

5 days left (Mon, 15 Sep 2014 2:00:00 PM EDT)

BID NOW

YOU MUST BID AT LEAST $1,005.00

Description

EXPLORE MORE LOTS SUPPORTING: Sweet Relief Musicians Fund

CBS RADIO and Beats Music have teamed up to present fans a special evening with Coldplay at The Theatre at Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles on Wednesday, September 17, 2014 (8:30PM, PT).

You and a guest will see Coldplay live and enjoy tickets from the artist's guest list (not available to the public!) to the show.

The band will perform songs from their latest album Ghost Stories, along with other fan favorites. A live broadcast of this intimate performance will be available by tuning in to CBS RADIO stations nationwide (check local listings) or downloading the Radio.com app for a variety of mobile devices.

Does not include a meet & greet.

Donated By: Coldplay

Diane, have you won tix yet?

NO! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have become pathetically obsessed. They are giving away tickets from 9am-6pm, every hour, on the hour. I'm basically living my life this week by the damn radio and the cue. I've called hundreds of times over the last 3 days. I've been Caller 3, 6, 7 and 8. This is torturous.

AAAAAHHHHH...I just got 3 busy signals, then it rang like 30 times and went fast busy. This sucks.

NO! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have become pathetically obsessed. They are giving away tickets from 9am-6pm, every hour, on the hour. I'm basically living my life this week by the damn radio and the cue. I've called hundreds of times over the last 3 days. I've been Caller 3, 6, 7 and 8. This is torturous.

AAAAAHHHHH...I just got 3 busy signals, then it rang like 30 times and went fast busy. This sucks.

Good luck winning! I've had a couple times where it rings nonstop without someone answering and I eventually hang up. I would assume they answer pretty quickly if you're a winner, but hopefully I didn't miss my chance by hanging up when it's ringing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've gotten through a few times. They've answered after 2-3 rings. Seems like Caller 20 comes pretty quickly, and I don't bother calling more than 5-6 times anymore.

Since KROQ has 125 pairs to give away, where are the other 1000 tickets?

Is KROQ the only station giving tickets away so far?

Did you also enter to win through the Beats Music app? They must be giving away a large portion, or it's going to be a bunch of record execs that get the remaining tickets.

I haven't won squat, but I never do on radio contests. I have no idea how the rest of the venue will be filled. At first I thought it would maybe be an Artist's Den show, but they just announced Alabama Shakes. So, no clue.

Oh and if there is no other way to get tix, I would highly recommend just showing up as they may just start letting folks in. Did that for Arcade Fire a few years ago and Foster the People earlier this year.

Beats winners are supposed to be contacted today, but I haven't seen anyone win those on Twitter yet. 25 pairs up for grabs there.

Gotta love the guy on KROQ basically telling people if you try to win you should be passionate about it, not just 'meh'.

Beats winners are supposed to be contacted today, but I haven't seen anyone win those on Twitter yet. 25 pairs up for grabs there.

Gotta love the guy on KROQ basically telling people if you try to win you should be passionate about it, not just 'meh'.

I know!!! I'm listening to Stryker too and right after he said that, I tweeted him. Here's a screenshot of it and he replied! pygu4ymu.jpg