✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Strokes

mburn

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, consider yourself lucky! :laugh4:

or unlucky, I mean. It's great fun perving over sexy, sweaty men!!!! :uhoh: but uh, yeah. Perving=my life. Basically. lmfao lmfao lmfao

Perving and college applications.

What have I come to!!!!

:bigcry:

I don't necessarily agree. Although I admit there are some songs I skip more on the last 2 albums, I've found that I can listen to all of 'First Impressions' begining to end and really enjoy it.

I'd actually debate that I like 'First Impressions' MORE than 'Is This It'... I'm not a huge huge fan of 'Room On Fire', although it does have some of my favorite songs of all time on it. I know friends, though, that love that album like it's the be all end all. It's all opinion and taste.

OHMYGOD

:stunned:

Woah..

Liking albums as any kinda music is all about taste and I loved the first album, it's still one of my all time favorites. I really didn't like 'Room on fire' but 'First impressions' has really grown on me.. I hated it at first and was really dissapointed but after a lot of listenings I started to love it and it's made it's way into the top as well.

Anyway, I don't think it's right to call The Strokes a single-band. It's music man...

DUDE. HIS HAIR.

LIKE....

IT'S GONE.

:stunned: My mind. it's seriously.... like.... that just..... WHOA. that's all i can say! I don't know what to think but WHOA.

Hey, whatever, it's hair means absolutely NOTHING to me. I just think it's absolutely... LMFAO SO RANDOM. but good for him. it was time for a change, I suppose!

Yeah, they are NOT a singles band. Because the songs I love from them AREN'T singles. ;) I wasn't a big fan of First Impressions either, I suppose. But seeing them live and all that, it just made me NEED to listen to the album to know what the hell they were playing. Doing that made me really love it. Definately the kind of album that grows on you. I still need to give 'Room On Fire' the same time though... hmm.

WHAT HAS NIKOLAI DONEEEEEEE?!?!??!?! :shocked3: :bigcry:

....I loved his pretty hair :cry:

Kudos to him for going for such a different look though! :) Rock on!!!

For me, FIOE is slowly overtaking Is This It, which is seriously saying something because I love that album a rediculous amount. FIOE is the nuts, I literally adore every track. But like Danielle, i'm not a huge Room On Fire fan. Although I do love Reptilia, The End Has No End, Meet Me In The Bathroom and a few others.

I"m never one for mohawks, cuz..... i don't know. They're just not... something that I find sexy :laugh4: But yanno, Nikolai doesn't have anybody he has to impress, so all the power to him. I miss his little cockerspaniel do though :( *mourns*

Yeah, Room On Fire has it's AMAZING moments, and some of the songs on there are my absolute favorites. But as a whole it's not as powerful as FIOE or Is This It. I definately know that First Impressions is my favorite of the three. I may be in the minority, but damn, those songs are incredible live. That's what counts. :stunned: