✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay to headline Glastonbury for the 4th time!

filiprasmusson

From The Sun

"EVERY year the Glastonbury headliners guessing game starts earlier and earlier.

But I can now tick off another of the three main acts for Worthy Farm next year — COLDPLAY.

And they will make history in the process. The band, led by CHRIS MARTIN, will headline at the festival for a record FOURTH time after previously turning out in 2002, 2005 and 2011.

They now lead VAN MORRISON, THE CURE and ELVIS COSTELLO who each boast three headline appearances.

ARCTIC MONKEYS, BLUR, OASIS and DAVID BOWIE have two apiece. Coldplay will bring the 2016 Glasto weekend to a close with a Sunday night Pyramid Stage set including songs from new album A Head Full Of Dreams and their back catalogue.

I’m told festival organiser MICHAEL EAVIS had the Coldplay deal done for some time but plans for their live show are already starting to come together, even with eight months to go.

A source close to the band said: “Michael likes getting things sorted as early as possible and having a solid, reliable Sunday headline act to send people home happy is a massive part of the booking process.

“Coldplay are Glastonbury veterans and will have no problem filling a two-hour set that punters will love.”

That now means two of the three headliners for next year’s festival — the last before it takes its customary fallow year to let the ground recover — have been announced.

After last year’s festival, boss’s daughter Emily Eavis, who will take over the show when he eventually retires, said they had already tied up 2016’s top acts.

She said: “We’ve got three headliners for next year, so that’s completely sorted. We’re in a really good position in that respect because it means we can now focus on the rest of the bill.”

The only matter remaining is who takes the hallowed Saturday night slot. My money’s on ADELE."

http://t.co/NEIyTVwHrA

COLDPLAY TO HEADLINE GLASTONBURY FOR A FOURTH TIME?

Insiders report that Chris Martin and co will make history, in topping the bill again

Insiders report that Coldplay are to make history by headlining Glastonbury for a fourth time next year.

The band have long been tipped to appear next year, but now The Sun claim that 'a source' close to the Eavis family has confirmed the news - with the band closing the Pyramid Stage on the Sunday night.

"Michael likes getting things sorted as early as possible and having a solid, reliable Sunday headline act to send people home happy is a massive part of the booking process," said the 'source'. "Coldplay are Glastonbury veterans and will have no problem filling a two-hour set that punters will love."

The band previously headlined in 2002, 2005 and 2011, and are practically the Glasto house band after appearing previously n 1999 and 2000. They also reveal that the other two headliners will be Adele and Foo Fighters.

Coldplay are due to release their new album, A Head Full Of Dreams in the coming months - reportedly their last.

Meanwhile, Foo Fighters would be stepping up after being forced to cancel their Glasto headline slot last year when Grohl broke his leg. Adele is due to release her long-awaited third album in November.

Glastonbury will take place from 23-27 June 2016, and tickets sold out in record earlier this month. Other rumoured headliners include Radiohead, Prince, Muse and Fleetwood Mac - with Rod Stewart and Leo Sayer adding they want to appear on the special guest Sunday slot.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/103260/glastonbury-2016-headline-rumours---coldplay-adele-foo-fighters

From The Sun

"EVERY year the Glastonbury headliners guessing game starts earlier and earlier.

But I can now tick off another of the three main acts for Worthy Farm next year — COLDPLAY.

And they will make history in the process. The band, led by CHRIS MARTIN, will headline at the festival for a record FOURTH time after previously turning out in 2002, 2005 and 2011.

They now lead VAN MORRISON, THE CURE and ELVIS COSTELLO who each boast three headline appearances.

ARCTIC MONKEYS, BLUR, OASIS and DAVID BOWIE have two apiece. Coldplay will bring the 2016 Glasto weekend to a close with a Sunday night Pyramid Stage set including songs from new album A Head Full Of Dreams and their back catalogue.

I’m told festival organiser MICHAEL EAVIS had the Coldplay deal done for some time but plans for their live show are already starting to come together, even with eight months to go.

A source close to the band said: “Michael likes getting things sorted as early as possible and having a solid, reliable Sunday headline act to send people home happy is a massive part of the booking process.

“Coldplay are Glastonbury veterans and will have no problem filling a two-hour set that punters will love.”

That now means two of the three headliners for next year’s festival — the last before it takes its customary fallow year to let the ground recover — have been announced.

After last year’s festival, boss’s daughter Emily Eavis, who will take over the show when he eventually retires, said they had already tied up 2016’s top acts.

She said: “We’ve got three headliners for next year, so that’s completely sorted. We’re in a really good position in that respect because it means we can now focus on the rest of the bill.”

The only matter remaining is who takes the hallowed Saturday night slot. My money’s on ADELE."

http://t.co/NEIyTVwHrA

Yes!!!! Thank you, that is great to hear! The lineup of headliners is already looking great. Coldplay and Foo Fighters in the same year... :heart:

• 1 month later...

Looking at the Tour dates I would say the Glastonbury hype is even more real now with it being during their European tour?

They have a nice Glastonbury sized weekend off (playing the Thursday 23rd in Amsterdam and then a gap until the Wednesday 29th in Berlin). Leaves a nice gap for Sunday the 26th here if you ask me!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I posted this a while ago somewhere deep in the LP7 thread, but thought I'd repost it here. Coldplay did send out a tweet mentioning Glastonbury, but it was swiftly deleted. Since I have tweet notifications turned on for Coldplay, I got a text about it and took a screenshot of what the tweet said. Here it is

d8ef3b0b3c041d791397f33800fdc9f7.jpg

^ i think that was a tweet intended to be sent from the grasto twitter. anchorman handles social media for quite a lot of ppl including glasto. i think this was tweeted in the glasto account right after deleting in the coldplay account. mishaps like that have happened before.

• Like 1

Glastonbury 2016: The 'stop Coldplay headlining' petition is inevitable - and pointless - The Independent

https://apple.news/A7qrgfOcyNfeVinI2JA46vg

I found this guys, people are filled with so much hate [emoji34]

Indeed, some people are never happy they didn't get their favourite headliner. I would put some pennies on Foo Fighters doing the Saturday night through (as they cancelled last year)

• 2 weeks later...