✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Colour Spectrum

getithom

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a pretty nice interlude, but I was honestly expecting more "colours". Seems to me like Life in Technicolor has more "colours" than this track. Just my two cents.

Yeah but I think the meaning of colour spectrum is to include all the "colours" of this album, so you hear small tidbits of several tracks

The tidbits from the songs I hear are the intro from AHFOD, the birds from (yes :D) Birds, Beyoncé from HFTW, the muffled woohoo's from AOAL, the last line of the poem from Kaleidoscope, and something else after the spoken word that I still can't place (maybe a reminscence to the oohooh's from Fun?). Is there anything else I'm missing?

At first I wondered whether they had put all songs up to this point in there, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Then I thought maybe they were going for seven songs as in seven principal colors of the light spectrum...

Or maybe I'm interpreting entirely too much into this track. :D

I find it interesting that colours have always been so prominent in the band's lyrics, era aesthetics and live shows, and that Chris recently said that he might have synesthesia to a degree.

I’ve been reading recently about synesthesia, and I realize I probably have that a bit. I don’t think that’s unusual for songwriters. When I think of other people’s songs or albums, often a color comes to mind. The last album we made was supposed to be more silver and blue—two tones, quiet nighttime. With this one we’re trying to do our whole spectrum. The colors we’re missing within the band we tried to bring in with guests and other producers. (Wall Street Journal)

The tidbits from the songs I hear are the intro from AHFOD, the birds from (yes :D) Birds, Beyoncé from HFTW, the muffled woohoo's from AOAL, the last line of the poem from Kaleidoscope, and something else after the spoken word that I still can't place (maybe a reminscence to the oohooh's from Fun?). Is there anything else I'm missing?

I find it interesting that colours have always been so prominent in the band's lyrics, era aesthetics and live shows, and that Chris recently said that he might have synesthesia to a degree.

Interesting! Cool that you listened so closely. I have not done so yet. I just noticed there was a mix of songs from the album but not how many or which. And yeah interesting to find out how many and why they picked those. Maybe they picked the most represantive ones? Not sure the seven could be the case, but who knows :)

And I have synesthesia. I think the sound/color association is called chromestesia. I´ve recently discovred I had it like 2 years ago. Each musical note pops up a distinct color to me for example. And I am also extremely picky in the colours I surround myself with because they have such strong impact and kinda have to be in sync with my emotions/mind. Its quite odd but also cool I think. I like it :)

Ok I listened more closely and I seem to detect the intro, the birds, the angel in Hymn and Chris woo woo in Adventure, then of course the poem.

To me it kinda gives me a sense of two people celebrating love together, (the angel´s voice and the man who loves her) surrounded by the peaceful chimes of the intro and then closing with the universal message of the poem.

Also towards the very end I seem to hear a gentle waterfall?? Or water gently falling...an allusion to the angel "fountain of love"? :)

• Like 1

To me it kinda gives me a sense of two people celebrating love together, (the angel´s voice and the man who loves her) surrounded by the peaceful chimes of the intro and then closing with the universal message of the poem.

I really like this interpretation! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Was reading through this thread because I was bored, found this:

I’ve been reading recently about synesthesia, and I realize I probably have that a bit. I don’t think that’s unusual for songwriters. When I think of other people’s songs or albums, often a color comes to mind. The last album we made was supposed to be more silver and blue—two tones, quiet nighttime. With this one we’re trying to do our whole spectrum. The colors we’re missing within the band we tried to bring in with guests and other producers. (Wall Street Journal)

Dude. Freaking. Same. This is exactly how I feel about music and for me sometimes it evolves into certain scenes the song would be most suitable to listen to. No wonder I love Coldplay so much, I associate colors with music just like Chris Martin does. We think similarly like that. And so far in every one of their albums they've nailed what color matches to each song. Good job by them. It also bugs me when I think of a color for a song and then the album cover has a color that's completely different from what I first imagined and I've gotta look at that color every single time I listen to that song now. It switches the color of the song it seems. Which is really annoying. Glad Coldplay does it right...

Also, when I get exposed to the album cover before listening to the music itself which has happened quite a few times the song automatically takes on the color of the album cover for me. It's a weird effect.

Anyone else on the forum find this is the case for them?

• Like 1

Was reading through this thread because I was bored, found this:

Dude. Freaking. Same. This is exactly how I feel about music and for me sometimes it evolves into certain scenes the song would be most suitable to listen to. No wonder I love Coldplay so much, I associate colors with music just like Chris Martin does. We think similarly like that. And so far in every one of their albums they've nailed what color matches to each song. Good job by them. It also bugs me when I think of a color for a song and then the album cover has a color that's completely different from what I first imagined and I've gotta look at that color every single time I listen to that song now. It switches the color of the song it seems. Which is really annoying. Glad Coldplay does it right...

Also, when I get exposed to the album cover before listening to the music itself which has happened quite a few times the song automatically takes on the color of the album cover for me. It's a weird effect.

Anyone else on the forum find this is the case for them?

It sounds like you have synesthesia

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

So this track has your HFTW, AOAL and Kaleidoscope samples, birds from maybe Birds or HFTW again, AHFOD intro extended. But just after the Kaleidoscope sample, what is the sounds that I can bear, what are they? It sounds like perhaps more birds and maybe a female vocal. Does anyone know? Just interested to know

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
So this track has your HFTW, AOAL and Kaleidoscope samples, birds from maybe Birds or HFTW again, AHFOD intro extended. But just after the Kaleidoscope sample, what is the sounds that I can bear, what are they? It sounds like perhaps more birds and maybe a female vocal. Does anyone know? Just interested to know

the female vocal always reminds me of Fun

• Like 1