✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-06-23] Amsterdam ArenA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

stephen

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering this as well, I thought I had read about it somewhere...

EDIT: oh, I just read in the post below it is for the show tomorrow [emoji16]

Wish it was for today, gonna be traveling all day tomorrow so won't be able to listen!

• Like 1

I'm wondering this as well, I thought I had read about it somewhere...

EDIT: oh, I just read in the post below it is for the show tomorrow [emoji16]

According to the article, tonight's show will be broadcast tomorrow, not tomorrow's show.

• Like 3

Just got back, and although it was good, I feel a bit disappointed. That's most likely due to having a pretty shitty seat and thus being far away (standing tomorrow!), but also a bit with the setlist... In My Place for the request song, Princess of China (why is that still there?!) and no real surprises other than Til Kingdom Comes (which was ace)... Chris not singing live in Clocks was blatantly obvious as well. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be more fun tomorrow :)

• Like 2

What an amazing concert wow wow wow wow :heart::heart::heart:

I have put 2 videos online

(ending of fix you)

(ending of viva la vida) -> thought they would extend it longer

Thank you so much to the guy on this forum who told me to buy a parking ticket, it went very smoothly and I left the parking in 15 minutes immediately after the concert - really big thank you!)

Sad that they didn't play 'Amsterdam' & 'See you soon' & 'Strawberry Swing' & 'Magic' & 'Us against the world' & all the other oldies, but it was extremely good. So much energy of Chris and the audience WOW. Hopefully someone can put the '3FM broadcast' online tomorrow :)

We were extremely lucky, it was so hot when we had to stand in line to go inside (around 5 PM) and during the concert it was raining very very hard (luckily closed roof) and after the concert no rain at all. The drive home was special with all the lightning, hope everyone reached home safely!!

What an AMAZING DAY. Hope they keep word and come back very very soon....

Any other badasses who kept their wristband? Think I'm never going to take it off anymore haha

• Like 3

What an amazing concert wow wow wow wow :heart::heart::heart:

I have put 2 videos online

(ending of fix you:

)

(ending of viva la vida:

) -> thought they would extend it longer

Thank you so much to the guy on this forum who told me to buy a parking ticket, it went very smoothly and I left the parking in 15 minutes immediately after the concert - really big thank you!)

Sad that they didn't play 'Amsterdam' & 'See you soon' & 'Strawberry Swing' & 'Magic' & 'Us against the world' & all the other oldies, but it was extremely good. So much energy of Chris and the audience WOW. Hopefully someone can put the '3FM broadcast' online tomorrow :)

We were extremely lucky, it was so hot when we had to stand in line to go inside (around 5 PM) and during the concert it was raining very very hard (luckily closed roof) and after the concert no rain at all. The drive home was special with all the lightning, hope everyone reached home safely!!

What an AMAZING DAY. Hope they keep word and come back very very soon....

Any other badasses who kept their wristband? Think I'm never going to take it off anymore haha

I still got mine! Where did people even donate them back?

Sent from my A0001 using Coldplaying mobile app

I still got mine! Where did people even donate them back?

Sent from my A0001 using Coldplaying mobile app

Haha there were security dudes at each exit with a big basket demanding to put the wristbands in it. I only saw 1 dude at every exit so you could walk easily past them. There were a lot of bands in the basket though.

Haha there were security dudes at each exit with a big basket demanding to put the wristbands in it. I only saw 1 dude at every exit so you could walk easily past them. There were a lot of bands in the basket though.

Wow really? I stayed around for a while inside and when I went out I guess they were still there but just standing around

Went to the concert yesterday and wanted to share my opinions.

First, for everyone who is a bit afraid of the temperature in the venue today: I expected it to be way hotter yesterday. I was standing right at the C-Stage and thought it was much cooler than outside. Though a friend of me who was sitting on the second ring couldn't stop sweating.

Second, the concert itself. This was my 8th Coldplay concert and I've got to be honest: this was by far their worst display I've seen (still pretty good though). I'm not the biggest fan of their latest record, but that wasn't the reason. I just didn't get that special "vibe". The opener, A Head Full Of Dreams, sounded awful yesterday. It echoed through the arena and Chris was totally off for most parts of the song. Luckily, I didn't really notice the echo thing after AHFOD anymore. Best part of the concert is Midnight in my opinion.

Just got back, and although it was good, I feel a bit disappointed. That's most likely due to having a pretty shitty seat and thus being far away (standing tomorrow!), but also a bit with the setlist... In My Place for the request song, Princess of China (why is that still there?!) and no real surprises other than Til Kingdom Comes (which was ace)... Chris not singing live in Clocks was blatantly obvious as well. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be more fun tomorrow :)

So yeah, you're not the only one who was a bit disappointed unfortunately. I agree with your comments on the setlist. However, I guess that's more of a personal thing too. I was delighted to hear Lovers in Japan (mostly acoustic), Magic, Don't Panic and See You Soon in Gelsenkirchen. Now compare that to Amsterdam yesterday. Although it was nice to hear Always In My Head live for the first time (I like the song), the switch to Princess of China right after that was a bit extreme. Probably also because I think Princess of China, A Sky Full of Stars and Hymn for the Weekend are among their "worst" songs (still good, but compared to their other songs). Till Kingdom Come was a really nice surprise, but In My Place as the request song? That's like the 4th time this tour and the same as I got in Gelsenkirchen three weeks ago.

Going again today. Please Coldplay, don't be a let down again. Oh, and please play Amsterdam or A Rush of Blood to the Head :)

Edit: Still got the wrist band too. A friend of mine was asked to deposit hers before leaving the venue though. She took another exit than I did.

• Like 1

It was absolutely amazing! I had the best time :D

There was pretty bad echo from the girls before, but I didn't notice it at Coldplay.

The songs were great, the crowd was great. I had a blast!

I also kept my wristband, didn't see anyone collecting them, guess I had the right exit.

I thought it was very hot inside btw, was sweating like crazy haha

Looks like everyone had a great time yesterday :) In My Place the requested song again??? *facepalm* One of their best songs but what's the point of the request section, when the just play what they're most comfortable with (the majority of the time). Just gotta get lucky and hope they get a tiny tiny bit adventurous at the odd show! (A Message, AROBTTH, Strawberry Swing).

Now compare that to Amsterdam yesterday. Although it was nice to hear Always In My Head live for the first time (I like the song), the switch to Princess of China right after that was a bit extreme. Probably also because I think Princess of China, A Sky Full of Stars and Hymn for the Weekend are among their "worst" songs (still good, but compared to their other songs).

Agreed. I think A Sky Full Of Stars is awesome live because of the Xylobands and the jumping but the former and later are forgettable imo.

It's funny because the songs were better on the MX tour I think but I still prefer AHFOD tour. Coldplay execute everything (apart from requests) perfectly :P

• Like 1

I love coldplay because of their magic when they play live. But i m chocked and very disapointed by the playback of chris on Amazing Grace and ASFOS !! WTF Coldplay, why the hell did you do that ??

Chris not singing live in Clocks was blatantly obvious as well.