✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Off topic chats

Jedi Leo

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's ok. There are places we don't want to visit even when closed friends recommend us to visit it. Anyways, I'll share you some great pictures of Mexico

Another place I have little interest in visiting is Africa for example, even though it just looks amazing! I actually believe there is an aspect to it that has to do with an innate affinity perhaps...Like I prefer places by the sea and islands to inland and I definitely tend to prefer temperate/colder climates to hot places. And there are places whose history I feel a resonance with (hmm past lives perhaps? hehe) while others I dont.

What place would you most like and least like to visit? :)

I really want to visit England. I'm not sure what I love about this country, everything looks fantastic. Plus Europe looks like a great continent to travel around, it has a lot of history and wonderful landscapes. And one of the countries I don't want to visit is the USA. Perhaps the only city I'd like to visit is New York and the Smithsonian museums. The rest of the country doesn’t seem interesting.

I really want to visit England. I'm not sure what I love about this country, everything looks fantastic. Plus Europe looks like a great continent to travel around, it has a lot of history and wonderful landscapes. And one of the countries I don't want to visit is the USA. Perhaps the only city I'd like to visit is New York and the Smithsonian museums. The rest of the country doesn’t seem interesting.

England is lovely. I travelled there in 2009 and Ireland too and I lived in London for about two years. I loved both the country and the capital :) And yes Europe is the cradle of western civilisation history! hehe whats not to love :) Im very proud to be european :)

I did love New York and Boston and Im liking Cali a lot, but I think a lot has to do with the cool stores and the nice people! haha Oh and lets not forget the nice weather :) I find the USA fascinating as a culture and a young country, but I dont honestly have a particular desire to travel here. I guess life just happened to send me to NY and LA rather than I actively sought to come here.

I´ve travelled quite a lot already but I look forward to travelling more, though no particular destination.

p.s. If you come to Europe I highly recommend a visit to Norway to see the Northern Lights. They are an unforgettable experience!

Im very proud to be european :)

p.s. If you come to Europe I highly recommend a visit to Norway to see the Northern Lights. They are an unforgettable experience!

And I'm very proud to be Mexican!! lol

So Norway is the right place to see the Northern Lights! That's one of the things I have on my bucket list. Talking about the sky I've heard that the Atacama Desert in Chile is one of the best places to see the stars because of the visibility and the lack of artificial light. That's another place I'd like to visit.

And I'm very proud to be Mexican!! lol

So Norway is the right place to see the Northern Lights! That's one of the things I have on my bucket list. Talking about the sky I've heard that the Atacama Desert in Chile is one of the best places to see the stars because of the visibility and the lack of artificial light. That's another place I'd like to visit.

Haha its good to be proud and happy of one´s own country :) Patriotism might not be fashionable these days what with all the globalisation and all but Im all for it.

There are a few places I´d like to visit in south america, all the old ancient ruins mostly. And yes Im sure a desert would be a wonderful experience as well.

As an American reading this haha0fc4ed8579ea1252704d11020325e966.jpg

I'm so sorry. You know all this feelings we have as neighbours, Mexicans either love or hate the USA. I don't love it neither I hate, it it's just that it's not on my list of places to visit in the future. Maybe, as the time goes by I'll change my mind :wink2:

I'm so sorry. You know all this feelings we have as neighbours, Mexicans either love or hate the USA. I don't love it neither I hate, it it's just that it's not on my list of places to visit in the future. Maybe, as the time goes by I'll change my mind :wink2:

Lol yeah i was just joking....with all the American stereotypes, I'm sure I wouldn't want to visit here either

Edit: Like seriously, as someone who has only seen stuff about America on the internet, what do you think the US is like?

And I'm going to read this in the kindest way possible ;)

You should. Just for the record Im technically half american hehe My dad is from NY. I am truly fascinated by the culture and the history. I did my final paper in school this year about american history (mostly the colonial stuff). Im both fascinated by the origin of the country, how it was formed and also by the spirit of its founding fathers, which to me seems to be quite still present in americans today in so many ways:) So yeah its absolutely a compliment! :D

I'm so sorry. You know all this feelings we have as neighbours, Mexicans either love or hate the USA.

Ah yes neighbouring countries and their relations hehe However in SoCal it seems to me Mexicans absolutely love the USA as there are a lot of you around here *lol*

Lol yeah i was just joking....with all the American stereotypes, I'm sure I wouldn't want to visit here either

Edit: Like seriously, as someone who has only seen stuff about America on the internet, what do you think the US is like?

I think there is a bit of truth in all stereotypes hehe I dont find the US to be the exception :) However I find a lot of what people think in other countries about the USA is just not really what I find here, so imo its definitely worth visiting ! :)

• Like 1

lol I know. In my case it's not the stereotypes what doesn't make me want to go there. It's something like trying to convince someone who doesn't like Coldplay even when we know it's amazing.

• Like 1

^^ Im definitely not joking in that there are a lot of Mexicans here hehe I assume most immigrate because they cant find a work in their own country, but in order to remain here and all they must also like the US I assume. So yeah I dont know , just an observation :) You surely know more about it than I do :)

As for the image we have of the USA on the internet or from the movies I´d say its quite accurate in some aspects (the mailboxes with red flags haha). What surprised me was just how friendly and down to earth people are and just overall nice, pretty much everyone I talked to.

Ah yes neighbouring countries and their relations hehe However in SoCal it seems to me Mexicans absolutely love the USA as there are a lot of you around here *lol*

Those are the ones who love it. And did you know that California was part of the Mexican territory in the past? That's why some cities have names in Spanish!

^^ Im definitely not joking in that there are a lot of Mexicans here hehe I assume most immigrate because they cant find a work in their own country, but in order to remain here and all they must also like the US I assume. So yeah I dont know , just an observation :) You surely know more about it than I do :)

As for the image we have of the USA on the internet or from the movies I´d say its quite accurate in some aspects (the mailboxes with red flags haha). What surprised me was just how friendly and down to earth people are and just overall nice, pretty much everyone I talked to.

In regards to first part: oh okay that makes sense haha

In regards to second part: yeah we're nice people i guess, not all of us come from the backwoods as depicted in stereotypes (this is not meant as an insult). And I want a mailbox with a flag on it haha! Ours is just stuck to the brick on our house, it's not out by the street.

Those are the ones who love it. And did you know that California was part of the Mexican territory in the past? That's why some cities have names in Spanish!

Haha yeah! Part of my state used to be owned by the Spanish or Mexicans in the past, too!

Yes :) Though Cali has been american for over 150 years now, so I think the prominent presence of Mexicans now is due to people coming here to find a work or have a better life rather than much to do with history. Personally speaking I would not migrate anywhere from my home country unless I was forced to..I remember my great great grandparents from my mum´s side emigrated from Italy to the USA because they were basically starving back in their country and they could not wait to get back home.

So yeah Im sure there are some people who are gonna feel great in their new country, but also a lot who are and will remain homesick :/