✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Off topic chats

Jedi Leo

I really enjoyed the Star Wars Prequels, they do have their flaws (over-reliance on CGI, terrible screenplay, bad acting, Lucas dialogue, Hayden Christensen etc) yet I was still young enough when they came out to be totally immersed in the hype. To me the prequels ARE Star Wars because they were my experience of Star Wars as a whole, I didn't watch the original trilogy until I was much older (about 19 or 20)

• Like 1

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed the Star Wars Prequels, they do have their flaws (over-reliance on CGI, terrible screenplay, bad acting, Lucas dialogue, Hayden Christensen etc) yet I was still young enough when they came out to be totally immersed in the hype. To me the prequels ARE Star Wars because they were my experience of Star Wars as a whole, I didn't watch the original trilogy until I was much older (about 19 or 20)

Yes, Episode I was my introduction to star wars as well. And so many kids have been introduced to the saga during the prequels and so many people im sure love them and still do, yet they are not heard online and thats just very sad for the artist imo. Unfortunately the internet does not often show how much people like something, but more often what people dont like and for some strange reason people feel free to throw plenty of vitriol and harsh remarks online , stuff they would never in a million years tell to someone´s (or the artist´s) face. I just hope people one day will remember the power of their words and their tone online as much as offline because it does have consequences.

• Like 1

Lifted this comment off a Star Wars forum (which I´d never visited before btw haha). I had to double check I was still on the Star Wars forum and not somewhere else *LOL*

It seems as of late there are more people creeping around the PT boards trying to "prove" that the PT was a failure and all that nonsense. If people don't like the PT, my advice is stop whining about it! It gets old and it disrupts the fun for people that do enjoy it.

I don't care if someone hates it, that is their business. But when others try to make a case and prove that the PT is hated by this imaginary "majority of fans" that they dream up and try to pass off as proof is beyond ridiculous. Like I said I don't mind someone saying "I don't really like the PT" I can respect that, even though I don't agree. But when they are trying to make their opinion mean more than it does by coming up with some kind of "stats" or whatever junk they use to back up their opinion, NO! That stuff needs to go. Just state an opinion and stand by what you say. That is the way I see it.

• Like 1

Lifted this comment off a Star Wars forum (which I´d never visited before btw haha). I had to double check I was still on the Star Wars forum and not somewhere else *LOL*

It seems as of late there are more people creeping around the PT boards trying to "prove" that the PT was a failure and all that nonsense. If people don't like the PT, my advice is stop whining about it! It gets old and it disrupts the fun for people that do enjoy it.

I don't care if someone hates it, that is their business. But when others try to make a case and prove that the PT is hated by this imaginary "majority of fans" that they dream up and try to pass off as proof is beyond ridiculous. Like I said I don't mind someone saying "I don't really like the PT" I can respect that, even though I don't agree. But when they are trying to make their opinion mean more than it does by coming up with some kind of "stats" or whatever junk they use to back up their opinion, NO! That stuff needs to go. Just state an opinion and stand by what you say. That is the way I see it.

Where have I seen this before?

It's so sad to see people don't care about how harmful their words can be. I believe on looking at the positive side of things. Of course there will be always things we don't like but we don't have to be rude when we express our thoughts.

• Like 2

It's so sad to see people don't care about how harmful their words can be. I believe on looking at the positive side of things. Of course there will be always things we don't like but we don't have to be rude when we express our thoughts.

So true. I guess I learnt a few years back to have humility about opinions, I learnt the hard way hehe I was so steadfast about my view of the world that I thought hey those other people must be crazy for doing what they do or thinking what they think. This kind of selective view is not anyone´s fault really, I think its there simply because most people won't ever have the chance to be in someone else´s head or shoes, so obviously they tend to think "the world must be how I see it for all".

In my case I went through some dramatic changes in my life which basically put me in the opposite position than I had before and suddenly I realised oh wow now I get what others were talking about LOL its just that such dramatic events so rarely happen to people, so no wonder they never get the chance to "be the other side" so to speak. And thats a pity and its often one of determinant reasons for a lot of vitriol in discussions. :/

• Like 1

So true. I guess I learnt a few years back to have humility about opinions, I learnt the hard way hehe I was so steadfast about my view of the world that I thought hey those other people must be crazy for doing what they do or thinking what they think. This kind of selective view is not anyone´s fault really, I think its there simply because most people won't ever have the chance to be in someone else´s head or shoes, so obviously they tend to think "the world must be how I see it for all".

In my case I went through some dramatic changes in my life which basically put me in the opposite position than I had before and suddenly I realised oh wow now I get what others were talking about LOL its just that such dramatic events so rarely happen to people, so no wonder they never get the chance to "be the other side" so to speak. And thats a pity and its often one of determinant reasons for a lot of vitriol in discussions. :/

It's really hard to get to this point. I think the best way to give a valid point of view is listening to what others have to say before making a statement. We can't judge people if we don't listen to what they have to express.

This is too philosophical lol

I can relate with this. I saw II and III in theatres for my birthday as a kid. (May 16th and both came out around or on that date.) So I was definitely immersed in the hype back then. I saw the Original Trilogy a bit later and it still wows me everytime I watch it. Those movies are what made me love the Star Wars universe. (The Empire has always been my favorite faction btw.) I'm a gearhead so I love the technology in the SW franchise. But I prefer the OT over the PT tech. Then after I read Timothy Zahn's trilogy I became a diehard fan. But to me VII was unnecessary and unwarranted. I'm more of a EU fan anyway and these movies are like an insult to my favorite continuity. I still have yet to decide if I want to see it or not. As it stands there is just way too much hype for my tastes.

Merry Christmas to you Jedi Leo! Hope you get plenty of nice and fuzzy moments throughout the day :) I'm lucky here to be celebrating with my lovely in-laws... Just opened my AHFOD cd - I waited for it coz I already have the digital one on iTunes - it is beautiful! Hope you have a few nice presents to open :)

Merry Christmas to you Jedi Leo! Hope you get plenty of nice and fuzzy moments throughout the day :) I'm lucky here to be celebrating with my lovely in-laws... Just opened my AHFOD cd - I waited for it coz I already have the digital one on iTunes - it is beautiful! Hope you have a few nice presents to open :)

Celebrating with family is the best indeed :) And so great you got your CD in time! :D No presents to open here, but plenty of non-physical presents :) Enjoy this special day! :)

It's really hard to get to this point. I think the best way to give a valid point of view is listening to what others have to say before making a statement. We can't judge people if we don't listen to what they have to express.

This is too philosophical lol

LOL I love philosophising haha But yeah its not an easy place to get to, but its possible. And yeah even listening is hard sometimes cuz we tend to hear everything through our own filter. But hey lets face it...life would be boring if it were too easy LOL

I can relate with this. I saw II and III in theatres for my birthday as a kid. (May 16th and both came out around or on that date.) So I was definitely immersed in the hype back then. I saw the Original Trilogy a bit later and it still wows me everytime I watch it. Those movies are what made me love the Star Wars universe.

I also saw the prequels first and two in the cinema. I always used to like the prequels more because of the lightsaber scenes (Im a huge fan, even made my own lightsaber fight choreography haha), but I recently re-watched the OT and it certainly looks and feels better because it feels so immersive and real. I agree too much CGI was bad in the prequels, the good was that they had a very interesting broad story on all fronts.

VII has the feel of star wars and they got the CGI/real props mix just right, but the story is just very very derivative and at times downright bad :/ But do go watch VII if you just want the feel to be in Star Wars world again, cuz they got that just right.

• Like 2

LOL I love philosophising haha But yeah its not an easy place to get to, but its possible. And yeah even listening is hard sometimes cuz we tend to hear everything through our own filter. But hey lets face it...life would be boring if it were too easy LOL

Philosophising is good! I think the key for anything we want to express and live is respect. As long as we're respectful with what we see, listen or say we'll have a better life. And that's right, we need to face challenges to have fun!

• Like 1

Hey alisbe, you just won an award...go check it out...congrats!!

Thanks! I've just seen it! But I've won two awards! It's unbelievable and weird because I've won two of the ambassador awards. Anyways I'm happy because I've been given a belated Christmas present!

Thanks! I've just seen it! But I've won two awards! It's unbelievable and weird because I've won two of the ambassador awards. Anyways I'm happy because I've been given a belated Christmas present!

Not sure what the awards are haha But awards can only be a good thing LOL So congrats! :)

• Like 1

Not the latter case at all, but totally the former haha Its the avatar pics that trick my brain I absolutely agree :)

why don`t you appear then with your own photo, like this

this photo is taken in Scotland. year was in the beginning 1990 I guess

oh, now it changed. a boat somewhere between Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Baltic countries and Poland, I guess. somewhere 1990 -> still

why don`t you appear then with your own photo, like this

this photo is taken in Scotland. year was in the beginning 1990 I guess

Its Coldplay pics avatars that trick me as they are obviously all men hehe And my avatar does show me in a way hehe :P