✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Off topic chats

Jedi Leo

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to second part: yeah we're nice people i guess, not all of us come from the backwoods as depicted in stereotypes (this is not meant as an insult). And I want a mailbox with a flag on it haha! Ours is just stuck to the brick on our house, it's not out by the street.

I found a lot of the stereotypes to be true, but I dont know why most people associate stereotypes with something negative cuz in my opinion they are not! I mean Im for example a stereotypical male in so many ways haha but I dont see it as a negative thing, just means I have traits which are common to a lot of other guys.

And trust me the niceness I find here is way above and beyond what I found anywhere in Europe! hehe Thats not to say we europeans are not nice cuz we are, but here I just find its taken to a new level. Either that or I meet a whole lot of cheerful people in the States LOL I had the same experience in Boston and New York, though I must say here in Cali they are even extra nice. :)

And dont get me started on the amazing american customer service....wow compared to europe you guys are champions *lol*

• Like 1

Be careful where you stand or we might get back what we once owned, lol :p

Just kidding!!!

Hmmm I guess native americans have the first claim at that, not you guys :P Spanish were immigrants too to the Americas, just like other europeans.

If we all had to look back at who owned what when...oh dear the headache LOL Denmark and Norway would still be one kingdom hehe

Yes :) Though Cali has been american for over 150 years now, so I think the prominent presence of Mexicans now is due to people coming here to find a work or have a better life rather than much to do with history. Personally speaking I would not migrate anywhere from my home country unless I was forced to..I remember my great great grandparents from my mum´s side emigrated from Italy to the USA because they were basically starving back in their country and they could not wait to get back home.

So yeah Im sure there are some people who are gonna feel great in their new country, but also a lot who are and will remain homesick :/

That's right. Seriously talking, Mexico is going through hard times thanks to the bad decisions we have taken as a society. So, the easiest way for some citizens is migrating to the USA to find the American dream. Some of them have succeeded and some others made the wrong decision to cross the border risking their lives. That's why I'm thankful because I haven't had the perfect life but I haven't felt desperate to leave my country to have something to eat.

That's right. Seriously talking, Mexico is going through hard times thanks to the bad decisions we have taken as a society. So, the easiest way for some citizens is migrating to the USA to find the American dream. Some of them have succeeded and some others made the wrong decision to cross the border risking their lives. That's why I'm thankful because I haven't had the perfect life but I haven't felt desperate to leave my country to have something to eat.

Migration is a huge problemt these days pretty much everywhere Im afraid :/ I always said and thought that we ought to pay attention and help, not hinder, the countries in the rest of the world to create a better society or else we would also find ourselves sharing in their problems. And I guess that time has come. After all what impacts one impacts the other eventually as we all live on the same planet.

Im glad you could stay in your country and I hope things get better for you guys.

Hmmm I guess native americans have the first claim at that, not you guys :P Spanish were immigrants too to the Americas, just like other europeans.

If we all had to look back at who owned what when...oh dear the headache LOL Denmark and Norway would still be one kingdom hehe

I see some patriotism over here...

I see some patriotism over here...

Im all for patriotism honestly. Nothing wrong with loving one´s own country as long as there is full respect for all other countries :)

Patriotism is also a sign of cultural adhesion, which I think is beneficial to a country :)

Personally Im very happy to be danish, it fits me as a society and as a culture very well in the present times. But I also seem to resonate with a lot of other different countries and cultures too on different levels. Though if I had to be perfectly honest I feel truly like a citizen of the stars haha (maybe it´s the Superman in me speaking :P)

Migration is a huge problemt these days pretty much everywhere Im afraid :/ I always said and thought that we ought to pay attention and help, not hinder, the countries in the rest of the world to create a better society or else we would also find ourselves sharing in their problems. And I guess that time has come. After all what impacts one impacts the other eventually as we all live on the same planet.

Im glad you could stay in your country and I hope things get better for you guys.

Hopefully we'll find a way to improve our lives. I believe that the best way to help our society is working hard on the field we've chosen. I might not choose to fight or raise my voice but if I keep concentrated on my own life and helping people around me who needs my support, then I'll be helping my country :)

Hopefully we'll find a way to improve our lives. I believe that the best way to help our society is working hard on the field we've chosen. I might not choose to fight or raise my voice but if I keep concentrated on my own life and helping people around me who needs my support, then I'll be helping my country :)

Thats a good attitude :) I could talk about this for ages...I´ve been deeply involved in social sciences and politics during my school years haha Suffice it to say I also think its important we in the western rich countries behave with awareness as consumers, supporting companies who dont take advantage of poorer countries. That contributes a lot to the problem Im afraid.

And whats that about not raising your own voice? Go listen to "Birds", you! *LOL*

Im all for patriotism honestly. Nothing wrong with loving one´s own country as long as there is full respect for all other countries :)

Patriotism is also a sign of cultural adhesion, which I think is beneficial to a country :)

Personally Im very happy to be danish, it fits me as a society and as a culture very well in the present times. But I also seem to resonate with a lot of other different countries and cultures too on different levels. Though if I had to be perfectly honest I feel truly like a citizen of the stars haha (maybe it´s the Superman in me speaking :P)

Hahaha you're a global citizen! Respect is the key to everything we do in our lives.

Thats a good attitude :) I could talk about this for ages...I´ve been deeply involved in social sciences and politics during my school years haha Suffice it to say I also think its important we in the western rich countries behave with awareness as consumers, supporting companies who dont take advantage of poorer countries. That contributes a lot to the problem Im afraid.

And whats that about not raising your own voice? Go listen to "Birds", you! *LOL*

Hahaha ok, that'll be one of my new year resolutions :)

I'd like to keep talking about it but it's very late for me and I have to sleep now to get ready for the huge event!

Good night!

Santé - cheers. :)

I can use a drink too.

It's the first day back to work this year and I'm NOT looking forward to it.

I hate collegues that come by to whish a happy new year and for the rest of the year pretend not to know you.

Santé - cheers. :)

I can use a drink too.

It's the first day back to work this year and I'm NOT looking forward to it.

I hate collegues that come by to whish a happy new year and for the rest of the year pretend not to know you.

Cheers :) I had to stop after finishing the bottle of champagne...I was not standing up any longer haha :)

And about the happy new year wishes I find everyone does that, even strangers sometimes! hehe

As long as you got some colleagues you get along with and talk to throughout the year, thats what matters. Hope your day is better than you expect :)

Guest diogo_sg
I think we have 2 Coldplayers who are celebrating their birthday today.

Happy birthday to The doctor and Diogo_sg.

:vuvuzela:

:dance:

Haha! Thank you so much! :D :dance:

Happy birthday, @The Doctor!! Hope you have a great day! :P