✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-09-03] Levi’s Stadium, SAN FRANCISCO, CA

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Queen B make an appearance? I slept until just in time to see Life On Mars!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Queen B. (thanks god) [emoji1]

And you tuned in at the perfect moment, Life On Mars was the highlight of the concert for me, together with Up&Up with the choir. [emoji4]

• Like 1

Ohhhh how I wish I had been able to go to this show. I could have gotten in the building for free too! Love this stadium. Agh. Just would have had to pay probably $200 in airfare, gladly would have slept in the airport. Alas. Having to work on weekends sucks. haha

Oh well. Here's a couple photos from the setup:

[ATTACH=full]5902[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5903[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]5904[/ATTACH]

• Like 5

Finally finished my review of the show! I hope you enjoy it!

My journey starts with making a 2½-hour drive to the stadium. On my way there I stopped to get some Velcro in case luck was on my side and there was a way for me to attach my phone to something so that I could periscope for you guys. When I got to the stadium, I found that there was no way for me to do this. However, when I checked periscope after the show, it turned out that many people had periscoped the show, so I was glad. I also stopped to get some fuel on the way. I passed a lot of beautiful scenery on the way – mountains, rivers, airplanes, and hills (yes, I think airplanes are part of nature!). About halfway there I got this surreal feeling like “I can’t believe I’m actually going to see them live.” This would be my first time ever, and it was hard to believe.

I arrived in Santa Clara, only to find cones everywhere indicating where all the parking spaces were. Golly, those cones were everywhere. I had read that if you buy a parking pass early, you’d get it for $40, and that if you buy it the same day, you’d get it for $50, but all of these were $60! So I thought “there’s no way I’m going to spend 2/7ths of my Coldplay ticket’s cost on this. I’d rather save up for another Coldplay show.” So I drove around the area some more, but without much luck. Like I said, those cones were everywhere, and there were cops guarding the residential areas so that nonresidents wouldn’t park there. I finally found some spot next to a cheap haircut place which was about a 25-minute walking distance from the stadium. I began to walk towards the stadium. When I was got close to the main road, I was met by a fence which blocked the road from train tracks that were on my side of the fence. Now, I could have gone back and around the fence onto the main road, but I thought maybe there would be an opening in the fence later on that would allow me to get on the actual road (which I'm telling you ahead of time, I never found), so I started walking alongside the train tracks. It was a bit uncomfortable, but… oh well, anything for a Coldplay concert.

Now, during my walking I was hearing this faint sound in the distance and wondered whether it was coming from the stadium. As I got closer it started getting a little louder. Then it started sounding like some kind of music. I thought maybe it was Coldplay, but I wasn’t sure, and that if it actually was Coldplay, it would be hard to believe anyway. Then I got to a point where I was pretty sure it was Coldplay, however it did sound a little strange. Hmm, does Coldplay really sound like this in real life or something? I thought. As I was walking, I witnessed a train stopping farther ahead of me. I saw some passengers getting off, so I was glad that there was actually a destination there for me because I didn’t see one :). Now the train began heading in my direction, so I stepped away from the tracks as far as I could and hoped that as it passed, it would not hit anything that would come flying at me. Luckily that was the case.

I finally reached a place where there were some guards guarding some entrances. I asked them how to get into the stadium. They basically said you need to walk some more, so I did. By this time, it was obvious to me that Coldplay were in that stadium, and that they were playing Life on Mars? by David Bowie, so it was awesome to hear a sound check by Coldplay. Also, I found out later that the reason it sounded a little different was because they had the Oakland School for the Arts Choir singing with them!

I finally got to the stadium, but they told me I had to walk some more because I had floor seats. So I did. On my way I heard them sound checking Up&Up but along with a choir sound so I decided to record some of it. (Unfortunately it’s hard to hear anything on the recording, so I didn’t post it anywhere.) I began waiting in a long line, but then there was a new line that opened and I got into that one, so I was going to be one of the first people to enter the stadium! They checked my belongings and forced me to drink all of the water I had with me before I went in lmao. Then I got my xyloband and love button which are the coolest Coldplay things and they make a Coldplay concert that much better. When I got to my seat I realized that the floor section was blocked off from the upper level seats, so I thanked god that I got floor seats :dance:. As I sat there, a fan asked me to take a picture of him. He told me that it’s his absolute favorite band, and I told him the same about me.

I waited for Bishop Briggs, and finally they came on. Here’s a 10-second clip of the singer.

[spoiler=Bishop Briggs]

Her style was very interesting. I didn’t actually know her before this, but it turned out that I was familiar with her song “River.”

Next up was Alessia Cara. I only knew the song “Here” which she sang. I liked the message that she was sending through her songs, especially to women. A quote that I remember from her is “Don’t let people tell you that you don’t have a right to feel beautiful just because you don’t fit into a certain mold.”

After she was done I was excited for Coldplay. As I looked around my area I saw that someone had either spilled food on the aisle or thrown up or something. Despite there being people guarding that area, it was a little ironic to see some people stepping into it LOL. It started getting darker and darker and I started seeing lights shining from airplanes flying directly over the stadium. Suddenly O mio babbino caro started playing. Right then my feet literally got me up without me thinking about it and without my consent. I just automatically stood up, to my amazement. So did a lot of people around me. From this point onward, I did not see a single person sitting down in the stadium throughout the entire concert! Some people around me kinda laughed because they thought we stood up too early, but after this, a video played of fans introducing the band:

“This is Dallas sending love to Denver.” “This is Denver saying hi to Salt Lake City.” “This is Salt Lake City sending love to Las Vegas.” “This is Las Vegas sending love to San Francisco.” The cheering began. When the last word “Coldplay!” sounded, the excitement was palpable. Then the Dictator’s Speech started, and I felt a very surreal “interconnected” feeling, like we were all in this together. The audience was glowing red with the xylobands.

Then came the awesome opener, A Head Full of Dreams. I couldn’t believe that my precious humans Chris, Jonny, Guy, and Will were in the same physical location as I was and that I was seeing those living beings :heart:

[spoiler=A Head Full of Dreams]

The next song was Yellow and I was surprised at how many people were singing along with it. Maybe a band's first hit song never becomes unpopular. The xylobands shone and there was an abundance of yellow-green lights and lasers. Chris welcomed the crowd after the song, saying, “Good evening, everybody. Welcome. This is the last show of our tour this year, and it’s gonna be the best one. And we’re so happy to be here at Levi’s Stadium in San Francisco in California, USA!”

Then Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall sounded, along with an array of blue, purple, and magenta lights. People were also really into this song, and I was surprised at how well live it sounded.

After this song, it was The Scientist. I never really got into this song, but I loved the “oooh” part with the audience at the end.

Then the Oceans excerpt began and I knew it was time for Birds, one of my favorites from the tour. As expected, not many people sang along since the lyrics go by too fast but I knew the song pretty well, so I enjoyed singing it. I also was impressed at how great and strong Chris’s voice sounded. In fact there was no point during the show that made me think his voice was suffering.

The next song, Paradise, is another one I really enjoy. The crowd shone purple, magenta, blue, and green. When the song ended I stopped recording because I knew this was going to be the time for a dance-off! The Paradise Remix was a major rocking-out session with me jumping up and down nonstop to the rhythm of the song along with thousands of people around me! That was one of the highlights of the show for me. When this finished, Coldplay made their way to the B-stage in the dark and began playing Always in My Head, also a really great song from the Ghost Stories album. The visuals were really great for this song, as you can see below.

[spoiler=Always in My Head]

This was also the case for Magic, the next song. Magic sounded very great live, maybe even better than the album version. After this, the Army of One intro started, and I knew the next song would Clocks, my second favorite Coldplay song! I could tell a lot of people were really enjoying this song as much as I was, and this was the only song on the A-stage that I recorded in full. Immediately after this, the Midnight intro kicked in. The visuals and the lasers were spectacular! Then came Charlie Brown. Personally I wasn’t entirely into this song, but I still did the “Jump! Give me that clap! Give me that noise!” because when Chris Martin says it, you do it ;). I’ve always liked the calm ending to that song, though. During the ending, birds started chirping, so it was time for Hymn for the Weekend. The visuals were also really good, and I enjoyed this song live more than I would have thought : ). It was amazing, actually. The song was a great opportunity for the people to sing since it is popular, and the colorful confetti were extremely numerous! I saw that some people were getting confetti out of their girlfriends’ hair LOL. There was a lot of dancing to this song, too. At the end of the song, the stadium was dark and Fix You started. I found it a little funny to see Chris lying on the ground when he started singing :D. As one would expect, almost everyone was really into this song, and I thoroughly enjoyed, too. There was a singalong at the end, which is a perfect way to end a song. The next song was a David Bowie cover called Life on Mars? sung with the Oakland School for the Arts Choir. Some people knew this song and were singing along with it! Jonny’s guitar solos were perfect. At the end of the song Chris said “We did that just for San Francisco!”

Next, we heard Chris say, “Drop it, Will!” And Viva la Vida began. This also sounded amazing live with the audience. I didn’t really know what song to expect next, so Adventure of a Lifetime took me by surprise. There were the monkey visuals and balloons falling. I wanted an opportunity to touch one of the balloons at least, but alas, none of them came my way. At one point in the song Chris asked everybody to “Get down, get low, stay low.” There was no room to crouch down so we basically sat down for a few seconds lol. This song was just a massive party, and I enjoyed it. After this song, a group of young guys came to our section and met their friends in one of the rows behind me and told them that Coldplay were going to be at the C-stage next. I was wondering whether I should follow them there or if I’d be in trouble. I decided to go and ended up really close to the C-stage! As I was waiting there, Kaleidoscope was playing and the crowd was glowing with a single color that was changing. When Obama was singing, we, the Americans that we are, started cheering for him and singing Amazing Grace along with him : ).

The band members made their way up to the C-stage and I got to see them up close, from about 10ft away! :dazzled: I was really nervous around them lol and I didn’t want to make eye contact with them because they are fRICKIN rEAL hUMAN bEINGS! Now, without further ado, you can watch the following videos of the three songs they played on the C-stage—In My Place, Don’t Panic, and Til Kingdom Come (the request)—instead of me explaining how awesome it all was, because the videos speak for themselves!

[spoiler=In My Place]

(I apologize for the bright light coming from behind Jonny's microphone.)

[spoiler=Band Intro & Don't Panic]Here's the funny band intro and Don't Panic.

[spoiler=Til Kingdom Come]

Chris did an extended outro for Til Kingdom Come, which I didn’t record.

It was all very unreal, to say the least. When Amazing Day started, I didn’t go back to my seat, but since I wasn’t going to sit down anyway, I decided to hang out in the back of another section so I could get a clearer view of the runway. Once again the visuals were amazing, as in the next song A Sky Full of Stars and also Up&Up. During one of these songs (I think Amazing Day) I saw a yellow balloon close to me! I thought that this was the perfect opportunity for me to grab it. When I was going for the ball, I noticed that some lady was actually holding it and she immediately snatched it away from me. She gave me this really nasty look

[spoiler=Ugly Face]

giphy.gif

and wagged a finger, then pointed at herself and mouthed “Mine... Mine.” I tried to explain to her that I just wanted to touch the ball, but it was pointless. I realized that I had awakened the materialistic beast inside of her :o.

Despite the little nightmare I had just gone through, I decided to enjoy the rest of the show. ASFoS was really exciting – pretty much everyone was dancing during the song, me especially. When it was Up&Up’s turn, I felt a little sad that it was going to be over, but nevertheless I loved to see the LOVE flag placed on the stage. I thought this was a really brilliant idea.

Next, before I knew it, the show was over! As everyone was leaving, I overheard people conversing about their favorite parts of the show. It was very nice to hear that. Then I left the stadium and tried to meet up with Coldplaying member @gai, but unfortunately it didn’t work out for us, so I began walking to my car. It was the middle of the night.

It seemed to take forever to get to my car, maybe I was tired or something. At one point I panicked really hard because I came to a place that I wasn’t familiar with and I couldn’t find my car. I thought maybe someone stole it or something. I checked my phone map to see what happened. As it turned out, I had walked 10 minutes past my car OMG. So I backtracked 10 minutes and, lo and behold, there it was, waiting for me! So I began my drive home.

What an experience this whole thing was! I recommend everyone to see Coldplay live at least once in their lifetime. It’s basically an awesome lovefest party that comes around very rarely.

If you want to see all my videos from the show, be sure to

! Thanks for reading!

• Like 6

My journey starts with making a 2½-hour drive to the stadium. On my way there I stopped to get some Velcro in case luck was on my side and there was a way for me to attach my phone to something so that I could periscope for you guys. When I got to the stadium, I found that there was no way for me to do this. However, when I checked periscope after the show, it turned out that many people had periscoped the show, so I was glad. I also stopped to get some fuel on the way. I passed a lot of beautiful scenery on the way – mountains, rivers, airplanes, and hills (yes, I think airplanes are part of nature!). About halfway there I got this surreal feeling like “I can’t believe I’m actually going to see them live.” This would be my first time ever, and it was hard to believe.

I arrived in Santa Clara, only to find cones everywhere indicating where all the parking spaces were. Golly, those cones were everywhere. I had read that if you buy a parking pass early, you’d get it for $40, and that if you buy it the same day, you’d get it for $50, but all of these were $60! So I thought “there’s no way I’m going to spend 2/7ths of my Coldplay ticket’s cost on this. I’d rather save up for another Coldplay show.” So I drove around the area some more, but without much luck. Like I said, those cones were everywhere, and there were cops guarding the residential areas so that nonresidents wouldn’t park there. I finally found some spot next to a cheap haircut place which was about a 25-minute walking distance from the stadium. I began to walk towards the stadium. When I was got close to the main road, I was met by a fence which blocked the road from train tracks that were on my side of the fence. Now, I could have gone back and around the fence onto the main road, but I thought maybe there would be an opening in the fence later on that would allow me to get on the actual road (which I'm telling you ahead of time, I never found), so I started walking alongside the train tracks. It was a bit uncomfortable, but… oh well, anything for a Coldplay concert.

Now, during my walking I was hearing this faint sound in the distance and wondered whether it was coming from the stadium. As I got closer it started getting a little louder. Then it started sounding like some kind of music. I thought maybe it was Coldplay, but I wasn’t sure, and that if it actually was Coldplay, it would be hard to believe anyway. Then I got to a point where I was pretty sure it was Coldplay, however it did sound a little strange. Hmm, does Coldplay really sound like this in real life or something? I thought. As I was walking, I witnessed a train stopping farther ahead of me. I saw some passengers getting off, so I was glad that there was actually a destination there for me because I didn’t see one :). Now the train began heading in my direction, so I stepped away from the tracks as far as I could and hoped that as it passed, it would not hit anything that would come flying at me. Luckily that was the case.

I finally reached a place where there were some guards guarding some entrances. I asked them how to get into the stadium. They basically said you need to walk some more, so I did. By this time, it was obvious to me that Coldplay were in that stadium, and that they were playing Life on Mars? by David Bowie, so it was awesome to hear a sound check by Coldplay. Also, I found out later that the reason it sounded a little different was because they had the Oakland School for the Arts Choir singing with them!

I finally got to the stadium, but they told me I had to walk some more because I had floor seats. So I did. On my way I heard them sound checking Up&Up but along with a choir sound so I decided to record some of it. (Unfortunately it’s hard to hear anything on the recording, so I didn’t post it anywhere.) I began waiting in a long line, but then there was a new line that opened and I got into that one, so I was going to be one of the first people to enter the stadium! They checked my belongings and forced me to drink all of the water I had with me before I went in lmao. Then I got my xyloband and love button which are the coolest Coldplay things and they make a Coldplay concert that much better. When I got to my seat I realized that the floor section was blocked off from the upper level seats, so I thanked god that I got floor seats :dance:. As I sat there, a fan asked me to take a picture of him. He told me that it’s his absolute favorite band, and I told him the same about me.

I waited for Bishop Briggs, and finally they came on. Here’s a 10-second clip of the singer.

[spoiler=Bishop Briggs]

Her style was very interesting. I didn’t actually know her before this, but it turned out that I was familiar with her song “River.”

Next up was Alessia Cara. I only knew the song “Here” which she sang. I liked the message that she was sending through her songs, especially to women. A quote that I remember from her is “Don’t let people tell you that you don’t have a right to feel beautiful just because you don’t fit into a certain mold.”

After she was done I was excited for Coldplay. As I looked around my area I saw that someone had either spilled food on the aisle or thrown up or something. Despite there being people guarding that area, it was a little ironic to see some people stepping into it LOL. It started getting darker and darker and I started seeing lights shining from airplanes flying directly over the stadium. Suddenly O mio babbino caro started playing. Right then my feet literally got me up without me thinking about it and without my consent. I just automatically stood up, to my amazement. So did a lot of people around me. From this point onward, I did not see a single person sitting down in the stadium throughout the entire concert! Some people around me kinda laughed because they thought we stood up too early, but after this, a video played of fans introducing the band:

“This is Dallas sending love to Denver.” “This is Denver saying hi to Salt Lake City.” “This is Salt Lake City sending love to Las Vegas.” “This is Las Vegas sending love to San Francisco.” The cheering began. When the last word “Coldplay!” sounded, the excitement was palpable. Then the Dictator’s Speech started, and I felt a very surreal “interconnected” feeling, like we were all in this together. The audience was glowing red with the xylobands.

Then came the awesome opener, A Head Full of Dreams. I couldn’t believe that my precious humans Chris, Jonny, Guy, and Will were in the same physical location as I was and that I was seeing those living beings[emoji813][spoiler=A Head Full of Dreams]

The next song was Yellow and I was surprised at how many people were singing along with it. Maybe a band's first hit song never becomes unpopular. The xylobands shone and there was an abundance of yellow-green lights and lasers. Chris welcomed the crowd after the song, saying, “Good evening, everybody. Welcome. This is the last show of our tour this year, and it’s gonna be the best one. And we’re so happy to be here at Levi’s Stadium in San Francisco in California, USA!”

Then Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall sounded, along with an array of blue, purple, and magenta lights. People were also really into this song, and I was surprised at how well live it sounded.

After this song, it was The Scientist. I never really got into this song, but I loved the “oooh” part with the audience at the end.

Then the Oceans excerpt began and I knew it was time for Birds, one of my favorites from the tour. As expected, not many people sang along since the lyrics go by too fast but I knew the song pretty well, so I enjoyed singing it. I also was impressed at how great and strong Chris’s voice sounded. In fact there was no point during the show that made me think his voice was suffering.

The next song, Paradise, is another one I really enjoy. The crowd shone purple, magenta, blue, and green. When the song ended I stopped recording because I knew this was going to be the time for a dance-off! The Paradise Remix was a major rocking-out session with me jumping up and down nonstop to the rhythm of the song along with thousands of people around me! That was one of the highlights of the show for me. When this finished, Coldplay made their way to the B-stage in the dark and began playing Always in My Head, also a really great song from the Ghost Stories album. The visuals were really great for this song, as you can see below.

This was also the case for Magic, the next song. Magic sounded very great live, maybe even better than the album version. After this, the Army of One intro started, and I knew the next song would Clocks, my second favorite Coldplay song! I could tell a lot of people were really enjoying this song as much as I was, and this was the only song on the A-stage that I recorded in full. Immediately after this, the Midnight intro kicked in. The visuals and the lasers were spectacular! Then came Charlie Brown. Personally I wasn’t entirely into this song, but I still did the “Jump! Give me that clap! Give me that noise!” because when Chris Martin says it, you do it ;). I’ve always liked the calm ending to that song, though. During the ending, birds started chirping, so it was time for Hymn for the Weekend. The visuals were also really good, and I enjoyed this song live more than I would have thought : ). It was amazing, actually. The song was a great opportunity for the people to sing since it is popular, and the colorful confetti were extremely numerous! I saw that some people were getting confetti out of their girlfriends’ hair LOL. There was a lot of dancing to this song, too. At the end of the song, the stadium was dark and Fix You started. I found it a little funny to see Chris lying on the ground when he started singing :D. As one would expect, almost everyone was really into this song, and I thoroughly enjoyed, too. There was a singalong at the end, which is a perfect way to end a song. The next song was a David Bowie cover called Life on Mars? sung with the Oakland School for the Arts Choir. Some people knew this song and were singing along with it! Jonny’s guitar solos were perfect. At the end of the song Chris said “We did that just for San Francisco!”

Next, we heard Chris say, “Drop it, Will!” And Viva la Vida began. This also sounded amazing live with the audience. I didn’t really know what song to expect next, so Adventure of a Lifetime took me by surprise. There were the monkey visuals and balloons falling. I wanted an opportunity to touch one of the balloons at least, but alas, none of them came my way. At one point in the song Chris asked everybody to “Get down, get low, stay low.” There was no room to crouch down so we basically sat down for a few seconds lol. This song was just a massive party, and I enjoyed it. After this song, a group of young guys came to our section and met their friends in one of the rows behind me and told them that Coldplay were going to be at the C-stage next. I was wondering whether I should follow them there or if I’d be in trouble. I decided to go and ended up really close to the C-stage! As I was waiting there, Kaleidoscope was playing and the crowd was glowing with a single color that was changing. When Obama was singing, we, the Americans that we are, started cheering for him and singing Amazing Grace along with him : ).

The band members made their way up to the C-stage and I got to see them up close, from about 10ft away! :dazzled: I was really nervous around them lol and I didn’t want to make eye contact with them because they are fRICKIN rEAL hUMAN bEINGS! Now, without further ado, you can watch the following videos of the three songs they played on the C-stage—In My Place, Don’t Panic, and Til Kingdom Come (the request)—instead of me explaining how awesome it all was, because the videos speak for themselves!

[spoiler=In My Place]

It was all very unreal, to say the least. When Amazing Day started, I didn’t go back to my seat, but since I wasn’t going to sit down anyway, I decided to hang out in the back of another section so I could get a clearer view of the runway. Once again the visuals were amazing, as in the next song A Sky Full of Stars and also Up&Up. During one of these songs (I think Amazing Day) I saw a yellow balloon close to me! I thought that this was the perfect opportunity for me to grab it. When I was going for the ball, I noticed that some lady was actually holding it and she immediately snatched it away from me. She gave me this really nasty look

[spoiler=Ugly Face]

giphy.gif

and wagged a finger, then pointed at herself and mouthed “Mine... Mine.” I tried to explain to her that I just wanted to touch the ball, but it was pointless. I realized that I had awakened the materialistic beast inside of her :o.

Despite the little nightmare I had just gone through, I decided to enjoy the rest of the show. ASFoS was really exciting – pretty much everyone was dancing during the song, me especially. When it was Up&Up’s turn, I felt a little sad that it was going to be over, but nevertheless I loved to see the LOVE flag placed on the stage. I thought this was a really brilliant idea.

Next, before I knew it, the show was over! As everyone was leaving, I overheard people conversing about their favorite parts of the show. It was very nice to hear that. Then I left the stadium and tried to meet up with Coldplaying member @gai, but unfortunately it didn’t work out for us, so I began walking to my car. It was the middle of the night.

It seemed to take forever to get to my car, maybe I was tired or something. At one point I panicked really hard because I came to a place that I wasn’t familiar with and I couldn’t find my car. I thought maybe someone stole it or something. I checked my phone map to see what happened. As it turned out, I had walked 10 minutes past my car OMG. So I backtracked 10 minutes and, lo and behold, there it was, waiting for me! So I began my drive home.

What an experience this whole thing was! I recommend everyone to see Coldplay live at least once in their lifetime. It’s basically an awesome lovefest party that comes around very rarely.

! Thanks for reading!

Great review!!

• Like 1

[spoiler=Bishop Briggs]

Then came the awesome opener, A Head Full of Dreams. I couldn’t believe that my precious humans Chris, Jonny, Guy, and Will were in the same physical location as I was and that I was seeing those living beings :heart:

[spoiler=A Head Full of Dreams]

[spoiler=In My Place]

[spoiler=Ugly Face]

giphy.gif

! Thanks for reading!

great review! that crowd was one of the best i've been in! they stood up when the opera song started!

• Like 1