✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-24] Coldplay live at the O2 for War Child

gai

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we're expecting 9pm start and a decent length gig then?

I'd say later than 9pm. I believe I have read on twitter that doors open at 9 (although i would confirm with the venue) and that it is expected to start quite late given how the band perform at the Brits beforehand. I would also expect it to last 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes maximum.

I'd say later than 9pm. I believe I have read on twitter that doors open at 9 (although i would confirm with the venue) and that it is expected to start quite late given how the band perform at the Brits beforehand. I would also expect it to last 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes maximum.

Thanks for the info. It'll finish after my bedtime!

Found out from the charity War Child that the doors open at 9pm... but Coldplay aren't expected on until 11pm!!! Going to be a late one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11? Wow, thats late. Hope we'll still get a full (60-90 min) gig. You can certainly expect it for £75.

Sent via Tapatalk

• Like 1

From what I've read the doors open at 9pm. I doubt Coldplay will perform for more than an hour, doesn't sound like value for money to me.

Well, I would happily pay that value for an hour of Coldplay in a small venue... :-(

• Like 1

From http://www.theo2.co.uk/events/detail/coldplay

Doors are 9pm

Support is TBC

Coldplay Stage Time is TBC

Looks like we will even get a support :thumbsup:

And tube times from the O2:

Last Tube

Monday to Saturday

to Central London – 12.19am

to Stratford – 1.02am

So either they have longer working hours that day or the gig should be over by midnight so you can catch the last tube.

Take That played for War Child last year and Muse did so in 2013, they both had 18 songs on their setlist. I cant see a reason why coldplay should not play a full set.

Right, have just booked the 25th to "work from home" so I don't have to wake up at 6am following this gig! What time is everyone getting down there? I'm on my tod for this one.

I went to the post-Brits War Child show they played at the Shepherd's Bush Empire back in 2009 - photos: The Killers + Coldplay @ Shepherd's Bush Empire and it was fab! The Killers opened and they had Brandon Flowers and Bono come up as special guests ... as well as ... ahem ... Gary Barlow!

Looking forward to it!

SFK

Got myself a ticket this morning, was quite easy. See you in two weeks!! :dance:

Does anyone know what we can expect, probably a normal small venue show? Like an hour or so?

EDIT: Ah, just found this on NME: "This is the same night as The Brit Awards. Coldplay will perform at the awards, held at The O2, before heading to the venue and playing a full gig."

Omg you're so lucky. Two Coldplay shows on my birthday and I cant be there is a sad feeling :(

Right, have just booked the 25th to "work from home" so I don't have to wake up at 6am following this gig! What time is everyone getting down there? I'm on my tod for this one.

I went to the post-Brits War Child show they played at the Shepherd's Bush Empire back in 2009 - photos: The Killers + Coldplay @ Shepherd's Bush Empire and it was fab! The Killers opened and they had Brandon Flowers and Bono come up as special guests ... as well as ... ahem ... Gary Barlow!

Looking forward to it!

SFK

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing these reviews and pics! Didn't think I could get anymore excited about this but I was wrong! Bring it on!

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing these reviews and pics! Didn't think I could get anymore excited about this but I was wrong! Bring it on!

You're welcome! The IndigO2 show mirrors the 2009 SBE show as that one too was the same night as the Brits - all of the other War Child Passport to Brits week shows are on other nights. All the stars will be out so I should imagine there will be some special guests coming out both on stage and in the crowd, should be a good one!

SFK

You're welcome! The IndigO2 show mirrors the 2009 SBE show as that one too was the same night as the Brits - all of the other War Child Passport to Brits week shows are on other nights. All the stars will be out so I should imagine there will be some special guests coming out both on stage and in the crowd, should be a good one!

SFK

Really can't wait!!! :) so how long were they on for last time? What time did it finish?

Looking forward to it!

SFK

Not sure what time i will be at the O2. I'll be landing at stansted at 7:15 am, take the bus downtown and check into my hotel. Nothing on my schedule after that. (Probably midday by then)

Sent via Tapatalk

Really can't wait!!! :) so how long were they on for last time? What time did it finish?

Sorry, I really don't remember, it was a while back! The NME report says it kicked off well after 11pm as the acts had a distance to travel to the Shepherd's Bush Empire. That shouldn't be as big of an issue this time as the Brits are being held right next door.

They played 11 songs in total, so I'd imagine about one hour. Hopefully it'll be an earlier start and longer set this time around.

SFK

No nothing yet for me

Not sure what time i will be at the O2. I'll be landing at stansted at 7:15 am, take the bus downtown and check into my hotel. Nothing on my schedule after that. (Probably midday by then)

Sent via Tapatalk

Have you booked the bus ticket? it's much quicker to get the train from Stansted. (i live about 10mins from there)

Have you booked the bus ticket? it's much quicker to get the train from Stansted. (i live about 10mins from there)

Yes i have, yes i know. Took the train last time i was in london and loved it, fast and comfortable. This time though, train was £28 and bus £16. Thats why i went for the bus.

Sent via Tapatalk

Yes i have, yes i know. Took the train last time i was in london and loved it, fast and comfortable. This time though, train was £28 and bus £16. Thats why i went for the bus.

Sent via Tapatalk

Ah, ok, i understand. Hope your journey is smooth

Has everyone got their e-tickets sent through yet?

No nothing yet for me

I haven't received mine either, if we all haven't I should think there's nothing to worry about. Maybe they are late in sending them out.

Although on the confirmation email, it did state;

"E-Tickets will be sent out no later than 14-days prior to the event and in line with the wishes of the event organisers."

Has anyone else received their's yet?

I haven't received mine either, if we all haven't I should think there's nothing to worry about. Maybe they are late in sending them out.

Although on the confirmation email, it did state;

"E-Tickets will be sent out no later than 14-days prior to the event and in line with the wishes of the event organisers."

Has anyone else received their's yet?

I called AXS yesterday and they said don't worry we should have them next week. They checked my reference number and said i was definitely booked in!!

• Like 1

I called AXS yesterday and they said don't worry we should have them next week. They checked my reference number and said i was definitely booked in!!

That's reassuring! :) Thank you for sharing, hopefully we get something this week!