✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

why hymn for the weekend doesn't perform well inchart like other second single?

Tiskas00

yeah it will be nice to see them all playing it in the studio .. i bet recording that song was one of the best experiences

Except the only problem is, they will have to have already filmed it while they were recording tge song, right? I feel like all those people wouldn't be bothered to film a music video.

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the thread labeled

"why hymn for the weekend doesn't perform well inchart like other second single?"

Why would you think I'm talking about AOAL?

No one is paying attention to Coldplay the hip and happening pop music band anymore, they can't ride relevance to every corner of the world like they could all VLV Era. Alternative stations aren't playing it, Pop stations aren't playing it, quite frankly it's not their best work.

Your talking about recent Coldplay songs in general. Your post speaks for itself.

• Like 1

Lmao sometimes i rather Coldplay stopped making music after VLVADAAHF,and get less attention for their singles so that people wont make them look like a horrible lame band with the few hits,and continue making music like their earlier albums...

No one is paying attention to Coldplay the hip and happening pop music band anymore, they can't ride relevance to every corner of the world like they could all VLV Era. Alternative stations aren't playing it, Pop stations aren't playing it, quite frankly it's not their best work.

Your talking about recent Coldplay songs in general. Your post speaks for itself.

You're assuming "it" means anything but HFTW.

You're assuming "it" means anything but HFTW.

i dont think so

i dont think so

If you want to prove me wrong go ahead. The burden of proof is on you.

update:hymn goes17on uk chart

but not quite good number compared to yellow(4),the scientist(10),fix you(4),viva(1),paradise(1),asfos(9)

I think those the rankings of those other coldplay songs u mentioned are their peaks. I'm sure Hymn for the Weekend is yet to peak since it has just been released.

Knew it! But why suddenly? Has it been consistently climbing and we just noticed?

This week climb from 10 -> 3 is because of the BRITs. I think the jump to 10 was because if the super bowl.

Coldplay are being very sneaky with their chart positions this time around. AHFOD floating to the top a few months after its release, HFTW rising to #3. Of course there are reasons for all that, but they have definitely switched up the way they promite things this time around.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Agree, HFTW sounds so awkward live.

I think most of the HFTW performances are fine live but that one performance it just sounded so awkward... I like the live version for it's more organic instrumental at the chorus, it's more creative than the typical beat of the studio version. But overall I do think the studio version is better... actually I don't know. I'd have to listen more. :)

share-F41C_56C35AD7.html

two-digit number on chart for the second epic single(previous:yellow,the scientist,fix you,viva la vida,paradise,a sky full of stars)isn't normal.

The charts have changed since those songs charted. Streaming now takes up a lot of the chart, you can't really compare it. It's still top 10 on Itunes in UK/Ireland and would probably re peak if it was down to just sales, but if you look at their streaming, it's not in the top 10 in either right now.