✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Colour your clothes like Coldplay

SwedishColdplayer

Hello Coldplayers!

I am currently making some own Coldplay clothes inspired from the Viva era for the concerts ahead this summer. I'm beyond excited!

However, I would love to colour or paint them with some holo-inspired colors, like the band use to do before concerts. (Like a string of red or blue on some black pants.) Has anyone done it, or do have any tips of which type of colour to use? :)

• Like 1

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LiquidSky

Awesome! I'm sure others will be making their own as well. Let us know how it turned out! :thumbsup:

Brilliant ! I was thinking along the same lines - don't know what to do yet. I've thought about tie-died patches sewn on jackets, and random coloured / patterned ribbon sewn down seams of trousers / jackets / T shirts.

I'm not sure how you could get the 'holi powder' effect - maybe just using fabric paint and flicking it off a brush onto the fabric.

Hope you'll post photos when you're done !

• Like 1

I will be posting when I'm done. Right now, my plan is to make two jackets - one inspired by the red one Guy Berryman wore during the Viva Tour, and one inspired by the blue one Chris wore. I have bought some ribbons to put around the arms (in different colours). I bought the jackets on second hand and I got both for around 10 euro in total (100 SEK) :D

I also ordered some english flags to sew on to the jackets. And I'll try to paint a white shirt to wear under, with that red "V" Chris used.

So it will all be mostly Viva la Vida inspired I think :)

Here you have Guy's and Chris's jackets that I'll try to remake. THE BEST THING is that the red jacket has size 42!!! :D

[ATTACH=full]4481[/ATTACH]

Here you have some pics of the jackets I bought on the local second hand shop haha:

[ATTACH=full]4482[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]4483[/ATTACH]

• Like 5

Guest diogo_sg
I will be posting when I'm done. Right now, my plan is to make two jackets - one inspired by the red one Guy Berryman wore during the Viva Tour, and one inspired by the blue one Chris wore. I have bought some ribbons to put around the arms (in different colours). I bought the jackets on second hand and I got both for around 10 euro in total (100 SEK) :D

I also ordered some english flags to sew on to the jackets. And I'll try to paint a white shirt to wear under, with that red "V" Chris used.

So it will all be mostly Viva la Vida inspired I think :)

Here you have Guy's and Chris's jackets that I'll try to remake. THE BEST THING is that the red jacket has size 42!!! :D

[ATTACH=full]4481[/ATTACH]

Here you have some pics of the jackets I bought on the local second hand shop haha:

[ATTACH=full]4482[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]4483[/ATTACH]

Cool! Can't wait to see the final result [emoji6]

[uSER=94286]@SwedenColdplayer[/uSER] Viva was certainly a good outfit era. Good Luck - I can't wait for photos to be posted. Perhaps I'll get on with mine ( AHFOD era - inspired) and show them too.

Anyone else doing anything for the concerts ?

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
[uSER=94286]@SwedenColdplayer[/uSER] Viva was certainly a good outfit era. Good Luck - I can't wait for photos to be posted. Perhaps I'll get on with mine ( AHFOD era - inspired) and show them too.

Anyone else doing anything for the concerts ?

Cool! [emoji7]

I want to tie dye some shirts, even though I don't know if I get to see them live or not [emoji1]

Guest diogo_sg
This has been my favourite jacket for the past couple of years.[ATTACH]4505[/ATTACH]

Amazing [emoji7]

• 1 month later...

The working is in progress haha ...

[ATTACH=full]4584[/ATTACH]

I really need help with the golden/orange thing Chris has on his pants during the Viva era ... look at the picture below, just over his knee. What is it really? I will try to put that one on my pants :)

[ATTACH=full]4585[/ATTACH]

• Like 3

I really need help with the golden/orange thing Chris has on his pants during the Viva era ... look at the picture below, just over his knee. What is it really? I will try to put that one on my pants :)

I made something, I hope it helps:

5URmDcj.jpg

• Like 2

[uSER=94286]@SwedenColdplayer[/uSER

Anyone else doing anything for the concerts ?[/uSER]

[uSER=94286]

My kids (age 8 & 13) & I are going to the Chicago shows. Their first ever concert! I plan on making AHFOD t-shirts with the flower of life going from the center front up to one of the shoulders. Not massively original (I might have seen that in the CP store?) but looking to save some money, and with more color choices than they have online. I plan on writing "Next-Gen Coldplayer" on the back of the kids' shirts and maybe my CP'ing user name on the back of mine. I'm assuming phrases like "Newplayer" and "Oldplayer" might be too controversial in a crowd of CP'ers.??? [/user]

• Like 3

[uSER=94286]

I plan on writing "Next-Gen Coldplayer" on the back of the kids' shirts and maybe my CP'ing user name on the back of mine. I'm assuming phrases like "Newplayer" and "Oldplayer" might be too controversial in a crowd of CP'ers.??? [/user]

In general it's a great idea. Only the part of newplayer and oldplayer might be misunderstood. I prefer the "next-gen Coldplayer" is fantastic and it's awesome you're involving your kids in your love for Coldplay :)

• Like 3

Lookin' good ! Batman's help is great, isn't it ? I've done a jacket inspired by HFOD décor - I'll post my photo soon.

• Like 1

[ATTACH]4590[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]4591[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]4588[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]4589[/ATTACH]

All ready for Manchester Ethiad Stadium on June 4th. :bliss:

It is really beautiful! It seems like a mix between mx and ahfod eras. And the color is so feminine , I love it, thanks for sharing.

God is in the houses and God is in my head

• Like 3

Guest diogo_sg
[ATTACH]4590[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]4591[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]4588[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]4589[/ATTACH]

All ready for Manchester Ethiad Stadium on June 4th. :bliss:

This is amazing! You did a great job [emoji7]