✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-09-24] Chris Martin to appear at The Global Citizen Concert in NYC

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris's voice sounds so strained :( But beautiful song. They are performing a Pearl Jam song now I think, so maybe the next one will be from Coldplay . What do you think it's gonna be ? Probably Everglow...

Eddie Vedder has great vocals by the way ! i need to check out some Pearl Jam....

Chris's voice sounds so strained :( But beautiful song. They are performing a Pearl Jam song now I think, so maybe the next one will be from Coldplay . What do you think it's gonna be ? Probably Everglow...

Eddie Vedder has great vocals by the way ! i need to check out some Pearl Jam....

Was just gonna say the opposite. Chris sounds great and Eddie not so much

Never been a big PJ fan but Eddie's voice is great ... will never forget when he sang Comfortably Numb with Roger Waters at the 12/12/12 show and nailed it. He has a very distinctive voice ... nice to hear him with Chris who also does in an entirely different way.

I don't think Chris's voice sounds particularly rough, other than a couple high notes here and there. Sounds pretty solid and hitting his notes well in most spots.

I love Eddie's voice, even more than Chris'.

Eddie is overruling him a bit

I thought exactly the same thing, to be honest. I love Chris's voice, but next to Eddie's it did sound like the less powerful one.

Anyway, a bit disappointed that there was no Coldplay song but that goes to show how humble Chris is - he would never want to showcase his band on such an occasion, highlighting peace ballads and a Pearl Jam song instead. :)

• Like 2

That was epic! They played the right songs, so accurate for the purpose of festival.

Agreed ... very much in the spirit of the event!

I thought exactly the same thing, to be honest. I love Chris's voice, but next to Eddie's it did sound like the less powerful one.

I just thought it sounded quieter, so kind of got dominated when they sang together. I mean it sounded like Eddie's mic was up higher. Personally I think Chris's has a much richer timbre, but that's purely subjective on my part. I loved the combination of the two, though, both excellent voices with different singing styles which makes for a great collaboration.

• Like 1