✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-09-24] Chris Martin to appear at The Global Citizen Concert in NYC

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost all genres are involved in this line-up. This time the message of music breaking boundaries to join forces for a great cause is strong. I wanted to see Coldplay again but I guess they want to take a break and Chris said the band wouldn't appear every year.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A FLYAWAY PACKAGE TO THE 2016 GLOBAL CITIZEN FESTIVAL IN NEW YORK

Grand Prize consisting of 2 GA tickets to the festival, air transportation, a $200.00 pre-paid cash card to use toward ground transportation, and a merchandise pack consisting of one (1) Live Nation Tote Bag, one (1) Global Citizen T-shirt, one (1) Global Citizen Magnet, and one (1) Global Citizen 'O' Bracelet. Selection of airline, hotel and concert seat locations are solely within Live Nation’s discretion.

Must be a legal resident of the United States and be 18 or older at the time of entry.

The Promotion period begins at 12:00 PM Pacific Time on July 26, 2016 and ends at 12:00 PM Pacific Time on August 29, 2016.

Enter here: http://www.globalcitizensweeps.com/

Full sweepstakes rules and info can be downloaded here.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
So Adele is playing MSG for 6 dates, one day off which is the 24th, wonder if she might make a surprise appearance?

Hmmm, Adele did not contribute a track to the Glastonbury Live album though despite the fact that she was a headliner, I wonder if she doesn't like these charity events/causes...

• 4 weeks later...

You can livestream and watch on TV

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/2016-global-citizen-festival-livestream-liveblog/

How to Watch the 2016 Global Citizen Festival: Livestream, Live Blog & More

By Meghan Werft | Sept. 19, 2016

get-to-the-2015-global-citizen-festival-early-hero.jpg__1500x670_q85_crop_subsampling-2.jpg

While we wish everyone could come to the 2016 Global Citizen Festival, we want everyone to see the incredible impact Global Citizens have made to enact policy change from leaders around the world. So this year, we’re bringing you a livestream of the show along with a behind-the-scenes commentary and backstage access with our live blog.

You’ll be able to watch everything from our headliners Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Demi Lovato, Major Lazer, and Metallica to our hosts, and more from anywhere.

You can watch the full show on TV on MSNBC Saturday starting at 3 p.m. EDT, including exclusive backstage moments.

Read More: Global Citizen Festival 2016 Lineup: Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, and More

Not near a TV? Don’t worry we’ve got you covered.

On Facebook, you’ll be able to watch Citibanks’s Global Citizen Facebook Livestream to catch more behind-the-scenes moments.

You can watch the livestream of the show starting at 3 p.m. capturing every last impactful moment on our YouTube channel or right here on this page, which will become our live blog.

Read More: Who Is Hosting the Global Citizen Festival 2016

On the Global Citizen Festival Live Blog, we will feature the YouTube Livestream and be curating the best photos and videos from the VIP red carpet and backstage, the best social media posts from Twitter and Instagram, and giving you all the best moments from the stage.

• Like 3

I'm so ready for this! I'm missing Coldplay so much and today is a great opportunity to join the forums to talk about Chris' performance. I might watch the whole concert. I'm not planning to see any of the other singers and bands live in the future and I'm curious to see what their shows look like.

The only thing I want to know is when Chris will be on stage, I don't want to miss his performance. It looks like it be an epic one because he'll be joined by Eddie!

Lol, I just came to this thread to ask exactly the same question :D

Same :laugh3:

I have assignments to do so I really don't have time to watch the whole thing and I'm not really interested either :P

But I don't want to miss Chris' performance D:

I might watch Eddie's as well since Chris is guesting xD

I guess I'll just have to check in once every 10 minutes to see if he's showed up yet :shifty:

I worry that Chris, humble as he is, may not have his own proper solo slot but rather appear on and off when other artists are performing and performing a few duets with them....which would make it hard to watch unless you watch the whole thing anyway.

Now that you mention it I think that's pretty likely to happen D:

I usually love his humility but you're the festival's curator Chris give yourself some more importance :snobby:

I don't want to watch Rihanna's whole set just based on the off chance that Chris might show up for a PoC duet :bigcry: but I don't want to miss his bits either ugh :bigcry:

• Like 1