• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thread moved to the Coldplay section.

Coldplay aims to play joint Israeli-Palestinian peace concerts near Dead Sea

British rock group plans two unprecedented shows in November; will sell tickets in Israel and Palestinian territories

Coldplay, one of the world’s leading rock bands, will reportedly come to the holy land in November 2017 to play two joint “peace concerts” for Israelis and Palestinians.

The unprecedented joint concerts have been scheduled for November 3 and November 4, at an outdoor location north of the Dead Sea, and tickets will be sold both in Israel and in the Palestinian territories, Israel’s Channel 2 reported on Monday night.

The goal of the concerts is to promote human rights and to bring people together, the report said.

Ex-Pink Floyd frontman Roger Waters played a concert at the Israeli Jewish-Muslim peace village Neve Shalom in 2006, and Leonard Cohen tried in vain to arrange a concert in the Palestinian areas when he played in Israel in 2009, but the Coldplay plan to perform for a joint Israeli-Palestinian audience is unprecedented for an act of its stature and drawing-power.

Fifty-thousand tickets are to go on sale for each of the two shows.

The TV report did not give the specifics of the intended venue, saying only that it is an “agricultural area.” The area immediately to the north of the Dead Sea is in the disputed West Bank, under overall Israeli security control.

Provided final security and other logistical arrangements are completed, tickets will go on sale shortly, the TV report said.

The British band is set to come to Israel two weeks before the shows, and record a song with Israeli and Palestinian artists.

Coldplay frontman Chris Martin came to Israel two months ago, directly from Mombai, where the band headlined the Global Citizen Festival. He was said at the time to be touring sites for a possible Global Citizen Festival here.

Martin is the artistic director of the Global Citizen Festival, a position he’ll hold for the next 15 years. The festival is organized by the Global Poverty Project, with the aim of ending extreme poverty by 2030.

link: http://www.timesofisrael.com/coldplay-aims-to-play-joint-israeli-palestinian-peace-concerts-near-dead-sea/

• Like 2

Thoughts?

Some people seem to be afraid this isn't going to work out very well... It's certainly a risky move but obviously safety will be very high (as always in Israel) and if it works out they're spreading a great message I think.

Also I don't know that newspaper so no idea how much of a rumour/fact it is.

I'm scared about it to be honest but above all so proud of them. All I know at the moment is that if this is true they'll need our support.

I so totally agree with your comment. I'll be terrified for them, but their security team must be so experienced by now they should know what they're doing. Here's hoping it is a stupendous success and more peace is spread around the world.

• Like 2

I'm a bit skeptical about it. I'm not sure how many Palestinians will be authorized to come to Israel and with all the terrorists all over the wor

world the information won't authorize it. Another point is that I didn't see that the band did an India Pakistan concert although they have a conflict about kashmir. The Israeli Palestinians conflict is very complicated... Wish the band to succeed but if not hope they won't cancel the concert all together.... We love you guys in Israel and 100,000 will be sold out in minutes...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Coldplaying mobile app

Well, sounds interesting but at the same time pretty, let's just say, risky?!

After reading the travel advisory issued by the german foreign office for the region i would think twice before going there. We'll see how this plays out.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

• Like 3

http://www.timesofisrael.com/coldplay-aims-to-play-joint-israeli-palestinian-peace-concerts-near-dead-sea/

Everything's not lost

Coldplay aims to play Dead Sea peace concerts

British rock group plans two unprecedented shows in November, will sell tickets in Israel and Palestinian territories

By Times of Israel staff and Jessica Steinberg January 9, 2017, 9:09 pm

Coldplay, one of the world’s leading rock bands, will reportedly come to the holy land in November 2017 to play two joint “peace concerts” for Israelis and Palestinians.

he unprecedented joint concerts have been scheduled for November 3 and November 4, at an outdoor location north of the Dead Sea, and tickets will be sold both in Israel and in the Palestinian territories, Israel’s Channel 2 reported on Monday night.

The goal of the concerts is to promote human rights and to bring people together, the report said.

Ex-Pink Floyd frontman Roger Waters played a concert at the Israeli Jewish-Muslim peace village Neve Shalom in 2006, and Leonard Cohen tried in vain to arrange a concert in the Palestinian areas when he played in Israel in 2009, but the Coldplay plan to perform for a joint Israeli-Palestinian audience is unprecedented for an act of its stature and drawing-power.

Fifty-thousand tickets are to go on sale for each of the two shows.

The TV report did not give the specifics of the intended venue, saying only that it is an “agricultural area.” The area immediately to the north of the Dead Sea is in the disputed West Bank, under overall Israeli security control.

Provided final security and other logistical arrangements are completed, tickets will go on sale shortly, the TV report said.

The British band is set to come to Israel two weeks before the shows, and record a song with Israeli and Palestinian artists.

Coldplay frontman Chris Martin came to Israel two months ago, directly from Mombai, where the band headlined the Global Citizen Festival. He was said at the time to be touring sites for a possible Global Citizen Festival here.

Two recent Coldplay videos were directed by Israelis.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/coldplay-deny-reports-of-israel-palestine-peace-shows-w460252

Coldplay have denied recent reports that the band will play two "peace concerts" for Israelis and Palestinians in November.

The Times of Israel, citing a report on Israel's Channel 2, claimed that the group would perform on November 2nd and 3rd at an "outdoor location north of the Dead Sea" and that 50,000 tickets would be sold in both Israeli and Palestinian territories.

But a rep for the group has denied these reports to Rolling Stone, saying there's no truth to any of the story.

Coldplay is set to perform at the inaugural Global Citizen Festival in India on November 19th with Jay Z that will double as the group's first-ever show in India. Frontman Chris Martin, the creative director of the festival's New York iteration, announced that the event would be free to those who perform various social tasks. The Mumbai show will use crowdfunding efforts through the website Ketto to raise money for children without parents and fund 25 children's homes across the country. Miracle Foundation, the non-profit partner, also will help enable education funds and scholarships.

The band recently revealed plans to release new music in 2017. "Hello everyone, we're working on some new songs for next year," the lead singer wrote. "It's called the Kaleidoscope EP. We hope you're well, love cm." While they continue work on the EP, the group released a crowdsourced video last week for the A Head Full of Dreams track "Amazing Day." They'll hit the road beginning August 1st for more North American shows.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/coldplay-deny-reports-of-israel-palestine-peace-shows-w460252

Coldplay have denied recent reports that the band will play two "peace concerts" for Israelis and Palestinians in November.

The Times of Israel, citing a report on Israel's Channel 2, claimed that the group would perform on November 2nd and 3rd at an "outdoor location north of the Dead Sea" and that 50,000 tickets would be sold in both Israeli and Palestinian territories.

But a rep for the group has denied these reports to Rolling Stone, saying there's no truth to any of the story.

Coldplay is set to perform at the inaugural Global Citizen Festival in India on November 19th with Jay Z that will double as the group's first-ever show in India. Frontman Chris Martin, the creative director of the festival's New York iteration, announced that the event would be free to those who perform various social tasks. The Mumbai show will use crowdfunding efforts through the website Ketto to raise money for children without parents and fund 25 children's homes across the country. Miracle Foundation, the non-profit partner, also will help enable education funds and scholarships.

The band recently revealed plans to release new music in 2017. "Hello everyone, we're working on some new songs for next year," the lead singer wrote. "It's called the Kaleidoscope EP. We hope you're well, love cm." While they continue work on the EP, the group released a crowdsourced video last week for the A Head Full of Dreams track "Amazing Day." They'll hit the road beginning August 1st for more North American shows.

wait, why are they talking about the GCF concert like it didn't already happen? :neutral:

who's editing these things?? :P

• Like 2

wait, why are they talking about the GCF concert like it didn't already happen? :neutral:

who's editing these things?? :P

Haha I know...people see November and dont look at the year. And then it mentioned how he stopped in Israel on his way back from Mumbai lol

• Like 1

I honestly don't get why fans are worried about the band's safety for this particular concert! The apartheid state is a very safe place, more than any other state in the region & even more than Europe & The US.

but honestly, safety is never the main issue there..

I honestly don't get why fans are worried about the band's safety for this particular concert! The apartheid state is a very safe place, more than any other state in the region & even more than Europe & The US.

Well, the band has denied it all now, but, when I first heard of it, I thought it will be a nice gesture from Coldplay if it's really a joint concert with a peace-promoting message. Wasn't worried about the safety (the whole world is unsafe at the moment). However, I was worried that it would be an unrealistic endeavor given the fact that if it's on Israeli territory, Palestinian fans may not be let in at the border. I gather from news reports that its rather arbitrary who is let in at those border checkpoints and who isn't (or who is left to die). Human rights organizations have been criticizing the situation for years; do you think anyone would make an exception now just because Coldplay is coming ?

Anyway, another reason to get worked up at the state the world is currently in, the more you think about it... And now another idiot many miles away wants to build one more wall that separates human beings right when the world needs the opposite of walls :broken_heart:

• Like 2

Well, the band has denied it all now, but, when I first heard of it, I thought it will be a nice gesture from Coldplay if it's really a joint concert with a peace-promoting message. Wasn't worried about the safety (the whole world is unsafe at the moment). However, I was worried that it would be an unrealistic endeavor given the fact that if it's on Israeli territory, Palestinian fans may not be let in at the border. I gather from news reports that its rather arbitrary who is let in at those border checkpoints and who isn't (or who is left to die). Human rights organizations have been criticizing the situation for years; do you think anyone would make an exception now just because Coldplay is coming ?

Anyway, another reason to get worked up at the state the world is currently in, the more you think about it... And now another idiot many miles away wants to build one more wall that separates human beings right when the world needs the opposite of walls :broken_heart:

That wall won't be many miles from where I live :( maybe that was one of the reasons I wasn't scared at all. A concert to bring togetherness and love is a great idea (maybe not for the area it was mentioned but for the idea itself is great) It’s denied now but it sounded like something that Coldplay would do. We need bridges and understanding from people all over the world. For example, Canada just stopped asking Mexicans to get a visa, for me that means a lot. Just the idea to be able to travel abroad gives me hope to one day see another culture, to practice what I've learned and to keep learning from others. That’s the way to build bridges and to make stronger relationships to improve as a country and not what that man wants to do. But I still believe in the people who lives there, because I haven't met yet here in the forums or in the people I'm following on twitter a single person who agrees with him.

• Like 3

Apartheid? Seriously? Please go learn history.... There are problems with the Palestinians I don't deny it but ask them if they want maybe to move to Surya or Iran? Or Iraq? And I support the left wing in Israel...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Coldplaying mobile app