✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why did Chris Martin attack this guy?

ColdplayLive567

I think this was just after him and Gwyneth had come from a doctor's visit where they learned they had a miscarriage. Shoving a camera in someone's face that just learned they lost their child probably isn't the smartest thing to do.

Obviously the photographer didn't know that, but still.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Ugh, I hate that video with a burning passion. Did Chris react indelicately? Yes, I'm one to believe you don't fight this type of things with violence. He most probably was already emmotional with the news he got and to top it off he gets annoying tabloids in his face that already disturb you so much all the time, he felt enraged at the moment. But at the same time, do you really believe that they were that mad at him reacting that way? I don't think so. This people like to poke the stick, and this type of situation are perfect for their next headline. They live for this. What really makes me furious is when the guy filming shouts "aren't you supossed to be father ?" Like excuse me, aren't you the type of people that write any kind of bs lies, invide peoples' privacy AND of their childs and yet you still have the AUDACITY to talk about parenthood? Give me a break!

• Like 6

I think this was just after him and Gwyneth had come from a doctor's visit where they learned they had a miscarriage. Shoving a camera in someone's face that just learned they lost their child probably isn't the smartest thing to do.

Obviously the photographer didn't know that, but still.

Thats very intrusive on his personal life, anyone would do that

Ugh, I hate that video with a burning passion. Did Chris react indelicately? Yes, I'm one to believe you don't fight this type of things with violence. He most probably was already emmotional with the news he got and to top it off he gets annoying tabloids in his face that already disturb you so much all the time, he felt enraged at the moment. But at the same time, do you really believe that they were that mad at him reacting that way? I don't think so. This people like to poke the stick, and this type of situation are perfect for their next headline. They live for this. What really makes me furious is when the guy filming shouts "aren't you supossed to be father ?" Like excuse me, aren't you the type of people that write any kind of bs lies, invide peoples' privacy AND of their childs and yet you sitl have the AUDACITY to talk about parenthood? Give me a break!

i think the guy deserved it for being so rude, plus it was only a push on the ground, he wasnt really being attacked

• Like 3

Thats very intrusive on his personal life

Yes, and besides Gwyneth had been very near dying when she had that miscarriage, as she said in an interview years later. And no Paparazzi should try to take photos and get interviews with people who are just leaving a hospital.

• Like 5

In video Chris says you gotta have some respect. At film we saw the band were not living good days at that time and also this doctor visit must made Chris deeply bad. So it's normal i think. Everyone has this type of times.
I was thinking the same thing as well. With the recent insight to the tough times during the X&Y era, combined with this event, I can completely understand this reaction. Hell, I would probably have a similar reaction just in general lol.

• Like 3

i think the guy deserved it for being so rude, plus it was only a push on the ground, he wasnt really being attacked

Chris also took out the camera from the paparazzi (something that should happen to all of them honestly).

where does it say that?

In the title of the video. Yeah it a very exagerate, I mean the guy only fell down on his back lol.

Oh wow I forgot he said that. I'd probably act the same way.

Like I said, they like poking people so they can get a reaction of them on their lowest so then they can play moralists like hypocrites they are.

• Like 3

Are ya'll kidding me? This is one of my favorite Chris things ever :joy:. Dude deserved to be kicked to the ground for filming and "congratulating" someone outside a hospital after essentially suffering the loss of a child (at least, this is believed to be after Gwyneth's miscarriage). Especially it being Chris, one of the nicest people on the planet. I commend Chris for acting in this manner, if this truly was after a miscarriage. And, according to Gwyneth, she nearly died during her miscarriage.

1. The paparazzi are terrible. This is a low moment for these people (really, every day of their lives is a low moment for humanity) and completely intrusive and inappropriate.

2. I don't think this was X&Y era, I believe this was several years later. But, I could be wrong.

• Like 5

I see he was very angry and sad. He didn't even punched the guy, just took away his camera and the guy just seemed to fall because of trying not to loose the device. I totally understand that reaction from Chris giving the fact he and Gwyneth supposedly just lost a child.

• Like 1

Chris also took out the camera from the paparazzi (something that should happen to all of them honestly).

In the title of the video. Yeah it a very exagerate, I mean the guy only fell down on his back lol.

Like I said, they like poking people so they can get a reaction of them on their lowest so then they can play moralists like hypocrites they are.

The title on says attacked not nearly killed ?

I'll try to make this post as objective as possible.

From what I've learnt from the previous posts in this thread, Chris reacted the way most people would have done which is partially understandable. I doubt in that situation someone would be ignorant enough to let it pass and pretend they didn't see or hear anything at all. Chris demanded some respect from the paparazzo after he'd been "congratulated" which was evil and hurtful. This is the critical point. Paparazzi often insult and provoke celebrities to get a furious reaction from them so they can take photos of the famous being hateful or offensive and attach them to sensational articles. This is what fills the tabloid press most. Paparazzos carry out what their job requires... This one wasn't an exception. On the other hand, Chris didn't need to put his hands on the paparazzi. He could have paid no attention to him and got in the car after he had asked for respect. Surely, he was defending himself but the fact that he grabbed the paparazzi and pushed him down might have been classified as an attack. Not to mention having got hold of the camera. That's not the smartest idea but I can grasp why it happened. Chris was visibly upset and annoyed. However, he may have handled the situation better. He didn't have to draw to violence. In conclusion, the paparazzi is the one who ignited this incovenience but not the only one to be blamed.

• Like 2

I'll try to make this post as objective as possible.

From what I've learnt from the previous posts in this thread, Chris reacted the way most people would have done which is partially understandable. I doubt in that situation someone would be ignorant enough to let it pass and pretend they didn't see or hear anything at all. Chris demanded some respect from the paparazzo after he'd been "congratulated" which was evil and hurtful. This is the critical point. Paparazzi often insult and provoke celebrities to get a furious reaction from them so they can take photos of the famous being hateful or offensive and attach them to sensational articles. This is what fills the tabloid press most. Paparazzos carry out what their job requires... This one wasn't an exception. On the other hand, Chris didn't need to put his hands on the paparazzi. He could have paid no attention to him and got in the car after he had asked for respect. Surely, he was defending himself but the fact that he grabbed the paparazzi and pushed him down might have been classified as an attack. Not to mention having got hold of the camera. That's not the smartest idea but I can grasp why it happened. Chris was visibly upset and annoyed. However, he may have handled the situation better. He didn't have to draw to violence. In conclusion, the paparazzi is the one who ignited this incovenience but not the only one to be blamed.

Counterpoint- Chris Martin is god and can handle that situation however he sees fit.

• Like 1

.the paparazzi is the one who ignited this incovenience but not the only one to be blamed.

I completely agree and so does Chris himself. He admitted in an interview that in the mid-2000 years he had not yet learned how to handle the problem with the paparazzi and that attacking paprazzis had been a mistake.

• Like 2