✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

I did discover them in a TV show but not Grey's Anatomy... It was way back before GA, and the first song I heard of them was Open Your Eyes (in "ER"), I loved it from the start! Ironically, they opened the gig with that song this year :happy:
Actually, that was the same year and the episodes were only days apart. :nice: I remember because I discovered them a couple of months earlier through Bones (they played Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking in a midseason episode) and I was surprised to hear Snow Patrol three times (twice GA, once ER) in barely a week.

Then I really became Snow Patrol addicted. :tongue:

Um, yeah. I remember a lot of weird random stuff that's not really important. :')

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, that was the same year and the episodes were only days apart. :nice:

Oh really? I didn't know :nice: (I meant that I'd heard it in ER way before I began to watch GA) If I remember well, they even played OYE in Grey's.. In my opinion, this show is the one that has the best soundtrack! I could name a lot of songs that i love and that I wouldn't know if it wasn't for the show :awesome:

+1 they even play Flo last season, I went bersek in front of my laptop :awesome:

they also played "In The Sun" with Chris & Micheal Stipe, and CP's Death And All Of His Friends :smug:

You can vote for 'Set the fire to the 3rd bar' on Q as best duet ^^ For now it is on the 10th position : http://microsite.bauermedia.co.uk/q4music/gallery/duets.php?galleryid=8&position=19#results

yeah, go and vote people! You can do it more than once ;) (it's now on the 6th position ^^)

(I've already done it a dozen of times)

better watch it... you'll be old like me soon! :P

awww...i'm sure you're young at heart still! ;)

i'd like to think i'm not TOO grown up & fuddy duddy-ish when i hit 30 anyway... *lol*

+ i can take comfort in the fact that the SP guys are overall older than me...aside from Nathan, but particularly Jonny & Tom. haha :P

I'm 27 and birthday in september.... The 30's mark is approach too :bigcry:

oh well...at least you still have a few more years to go. unlike me.

btw, are you a Libra too? heh (my birthday's in Oct...2 days after the Tired Pony NY gig, in fact!)

they're all so tall, what's up with those guys?!! :lol:

errrrmmmm....Guinness makes them Irishmen tall? haha (yeah, lame joke...i know)

I won't argue about the 'chasing cars' overplay (kinda like VLV... :dozey: ) Btw, I love Gary's reaction :lol: when the song was voted most played/best song of the decade (love Alex K. little cameo too...love you Alex <3)

*lol* yeah! his repeated "fuck off..." reaction is priceless!!!

can't seem to view the video tho...which is frigging bollocks since it's a Channel 4 link but "unavailable in my country"...WTF!!! I'M IN THE BLOODY FRIGGING UK, CHANNEL 4!!! :inquisitive:

but I have to admit that I discover SP with it on Grey's anatomy about 4 years ago... :shame: so I'll always be grateful to that song :rolleyes:

(side note: while I was writing this post, 'Just say yes' was on the radio... :rolleyes: FATE.)

the music team for 'Grey's Anatomy' has great taste in music, imo. i think it's the same team for 'The O.C.', 'One Tree Hill' & 'Chuck' too....tho i'm not 100% sure about this. the common thing is that all these series are known for featuring lesser known british or indie bands in general. :)

oh well...at least you still have a few more years to go. unlike me.

btw, are you a Libra too? heh (my birthday's in Oct...2 days after the Tired Pony NY gig, in fact!)

No, I'm Virgo...I'm just a day before our Jonny boy :rolleyes: (meaning CP Jonny boy!)

errrrmmmm....Guinness makes them Irishmen tall? haha (yeah, lame joke...i know)

:laugh3: I should have been born in that country, I would have been tall too (can't resist a Guinness :shame: )

*lol* yeah! his repeated "fuck off..." reaction is priceless!!!

can't seem to view the video tho...which is frigging bollocks since it's a Channel 4 link but "unavailable in my country"...WTF!!! I'M IN THE BLOODY FRIGGING UK, CHANNEL 4!!! :inquisitive:

Weird you can't see the vid cause it's upload on the SnowPatrolBrasil account...not channel 4 :thinking:

the music team for 'Grey's Anatomy' has great taste in music, imo. i think it's the same team for 'The O.C.', 'One Tree Hill' & 'Chuck' too....tho i'm not 100% sure about this. the common thing is that all these series are known for featuring lesser known british or indie bands in general. :)

TV shows nowadays pays really a lot of attention to their backgrund music and it's a good thing! Plus it gets unknown bands a little push in the back, which is even better!

and now it's on the 4th position! :) Keep voting! ^_-

(who's in with me to make it number 3?)

-EDIT-

and it's done! thank you mystery helper! :D

You're welcome :D :P

:laugh3: I should have been born in that country, I would have been tall too (can't resist a Guinness :shame: )

Oh, how I would have loved it too!... not for the Guiness though :p

TV shows nowadays pays really a lot of attention to their backgrund music and it's a good thing! Plus it gets unknown bands a little push in the back, which is even better!

I also think it's a great thing that they do! I've discovered so many bands and songs thanks to tv shows! ^^

You're welcome :D :P

I had a strong feeling it was you! :D ;)

-EDIT-

so I guess we did it ^^

stf1q.jpg

No, I'm Virgo...I'm just a day before our Jonny boy :rolleyes: (meaning CP Jonny boy!)

*lol* yes, when you are a fan of both SP & CP, you need to clarify which Jonny boy...so's we don't confuse ourselves. ;)

yeah, me too! tho, tbh, Guinness is already fairly popular/famous where i come from already. hasn't done much for my height tho... :P

but i've become more partial towards a cider over a Guinness since coming to the UK anyway... :shame:

Weird you can't see the vid cause it's upload on the SnowPatrolBrasil account...not channel 4 :thinking:

then it's even weirder...cos when i click on it, i see this message:

"This video contains content from Channel 4, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." :inquisitive:

-EDIT-

so I guess we did it ^^

stf1q.jpg

:awesome: :dance: I didn't do anything this time! Hope it will stay that way!

Little good news:

avosessions.png

Snow Patrol performing live at the Avo Session, Basel on 14th Nov, 2009. Full concert will be broadcasted on SF TV (Swiss Channel) on 3rd September from 00:40 to 01:35.

:dance: (ok, we have time since september but YEAH!)

Currently supporting U2 in Europe, Snow Patrol’s Jonny Quinn talks to Harry Guerin about their next album, ‘Arthur’s Day’ show in Dublin on 23 September and their involvement in the ‘Our Thursdays’ showcase for up-and-coming acts.

Harry Guerin: You’re playing Moscow, Athens and Istanbul with U2, but next month you’re playing ‘Arthur’s Day’ in Dublin and you’re also involved in judging the bands for the ‘Our Thursdays’ part of the event which will see up-and-coming acts joining the bill.

Jonny Quinn: We were asked last year to play ‘Arthur’s Day’ but we were too busy. We like the concept of supporting up-and-coming bands and we’ve always picked our own bands for support. It’s important that companies like them [Guinness] put on events like this. We’re going to pick some bands from the hundreds of demos that have come in. The prize [for the ultimate winning band] is really good.

HG: That’s gold dust now because labels are spending a lot less on bands. These days for bands it’s a case of ‘It doesn’t matter how you do it, just get your music out there’.

JQ: This is it, yeah. They’re acting, I suppose, like a record company would do in the marketing and promotion. That’s a perfect prize, I think. As you say it’s harder to find these deals – they’re getting cut back all the time. That’s why we’re getting involved with Guinness. Also, they put on a couple of stages at our one-day festivals in Bangor and Glasgow so we were able to put on another four bands that wouldn’t have been on the bill.

HG: Have you heard any of the bands from the competition yet?

JQ: Yeah, we have. It’s been really good – really good stuff out there.

HG: And you’re playing the Storehouse yourselves with one of the finalists.

JQ: That’s right. I was in the Storehouse years ago and it’s a great place for a gig, a great place to have in Dublin. It’s a good backdrop and we all like a Guinness!

HG: It says on the ‘Arthur’s Day’ website that there’ll be some very special guests. Do you know who they are?

JQ: No, eh, we don’t [laughs]. We can’t say!

HG: But anyone who has tickets for it is in for a treat?

JQ: Yeah. Like last year there were people walking into the Brazen Head and Tom Jones was playing. I like the way you’re putting a big international artist into a pub. I think it’s a great concept and it’s a lottery – you never know who you’re going to get. It’ll be good.

HG: What’s the latest on your next album?

JQ: We’re going into the studio in October. We’ve only got five or six songs at the moment, but by then we’ll probably have about 20. We’ll be recording in LA and then the album will be out sometime next year, hopefully around April of next year.

HG: Who are you recording it with?

JQ: Again with Jacknife Lee [produced last three albums] but we’re maybe going to work with… There’s a few people that we’re going to try… Even some people out of bands and things who we’re just contacting at the moment [about working with us]. We’re even talking about recording out at the Joshua Tree – out in the desert and finding a little studio there. So we’ll do something in a different environment and sort of a less studio feel about it – go down to New Orleans and hire a house or something and record in there. [We want to] Take it out of the studio environment, which can be a bit pressured, [and] feel that there aren’t the restrictions that you have normally.

HG: In terms of songs, how are they sounding in comparison to the last two albums, ‘A Hundred Millions Suns’ and ‘Eyes Open’?

JQ: I don’t know. It’s hard to say at the moment because they’re all just sort of on acoustic guitars. We’re always going to be writing melodic songs – we’ll never be Radiohead in terms of being as leftfield as that ever. [but] We can have pop melodies and also make it sound odd. We’re thinking that maybe it won’t be as layered as we’ve done before. On ‘A Hundred Million Suns’ things like ‘The Lightning Strike’ were just tonnes and tonnes of tracks. I think this time we’re thinking more stripped back. We’ve just been listening to things like The National, Arcade Fire and things like that, liking the way…. It’s just the instruments, really – maybe not have any strings on the album or brass.

HG: I saw you at the gig you did to launch ‘A Hundred Millions Suns’ in the Gate and I thought ‘These songs are perfect in a small place like this and they’re going to be perfect in a huge place as well’. What was your experience of touring the album? Was it everything you thought it would be?

JQ: Yeah. Our venues just got bigger and bigger every time we went out. Being able to play more countries than we’ve played before, being able to put together a show with a big production has been great fun and having a budget where people don’t go, ‘No, we can’t do that – too expensive’. Being able to put in a few extra lights and tricks and things like that. We still have things to do. We still want to play Wembley Stadium, so we’ve a few goals to get yet. We got to play Bangor, our hometown, this year to 40,000, which was incredible. And in Glasgow as well we played a one-day festival.

HG: So you reckon the album is going to be out in April, then?

JQ: Around that time. It’s hard to say at this point. We’ll have it done hopefully by the end of January and then [we] sort of need three months lead-up for promoting and what not. Roughly around that time.

HG: Will there be any new songs at the show in Dublin?

JQ: We played a new song, ‘Big Broken’, in Bangor but I don’t know if we’re going to play it in Dublin, so we’ll just have to wait until the album comes out.

HG: It’s great you can still go back to playing the smaller gigs. I think it’s always good for a big band to remember to do those things.

JQ: Last time we did something like that was King Tut’s Wah-Wah Hut [in Glasgow]. It was their 20th birthday or something like that. That was a superb gig for us because we’d been playing arenas and then to go back to where we’d spent years playing was great because you can’t hide behind any smoke and mirrors there. It shows you up for what you are. It was great.

Snow Patrol suporting U2

Denmark 16th August :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L31ZmVnVjM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Snow Patrol playing Run on U2 360 Tour in Horsens, Denmark[/ame]

photos: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=snow%20patrol&w=30942978%40N03

Denmark 15th August:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsxpZ-qVfks&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Snow Patrol[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ZAvK5ckzE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Snow Patrol - Shut Your eyes[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzJszr0NAGw&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Snow Patrol, Chasing Cars - Horsens[/ame]

39931_470202020800_632860800_6910406_1594291_n.jpg

Some news from TTB website:

- SP have begun touring with U2 again for some dates, so here are a few pics from Denmark (Horsens): http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=snow%20patrol&w=30942978%40N03

(couldn't copy/paste because of the copyright) Love the 4th one! :p

- Here's a Jonny Quinn interview from RTÉ Ten:

direct link: http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/0817/snowpatrol.html

EDIT: @muzika: you beat me at posting the interview! ;)

This is a good news about the next album! ^^

HG: What’s the latest on your next album?

JQ: We’re going into the studio in October. We’ve only got five or six songs at the moment, but by then we’ll probably have about 20. We’ll be recording in LA and then the album will be out sometime next year, hopefully around April of next year.

And what he said about the recording itself is quite interesting! Trying to get inspired by the location, and try to move the studio to a different environment to 'take out the pressure'. Recording it in New Orleans or in the desert could turn out to be very promising indeed :)

Gary already experienced that with Tired Pony, so that'd be great to see what SP can come up with by doing it as well!

back!!

Just red the ITV, it's very interesting indeed! I'm glad that two of my fav bands (CP and SP) are going back to sthg more 'authentic' and stripped back for their next album. It's gonna be fab, I'm sure! The TP experience was like that (basic recording, focus on instruments, simple) and it was amazing, I can't imagine what sthg like that can become with this 5 brothers *w*

Funny SP anecdote: on the plane for my vacation, 'final straw' was cited on the brochure as an example of records for the playlist the fly company use for you to listen on the flight (but it was NOT on the playlist *disapointed* T.T) and I watched a new episode of Medium and the eldest daugther has a SP poster in her room XD

@V: love your new avi!

Review: Snow Patrol Live At Pukkelpop

Luckily this is Snow Patrol, a band with it quite a live reputation. A band that are hotspot on the bill more than deserves: Snow Patrol has succeeded with his popularity as a live band to grow.They now also have an impressive resume full of hits.

And Gary Lightbody is an amazing frontman, with enough humor, conviction and enthusiasm to fill a stage.

The starting trio ‘Open Your Eyes, “” Take back the city’ and ‘Chocolate’ is beautiful, although the audience amazingly calm.

“Crack the shutters ‘and’ Shut Your Eyes”, the sing-along moments where a festivalwei waiting.How the meadow itself “Shut Your Eyes” starts singing: goosebumps.

After ‘Shut Your Eyes “expands the band to 14 (!) Men, including a string quartet and two horns. During the intro of “Spitting Games” puts the public en masse lighters in the air.

‘Run’ gets a beautiful background of strings. Big Broken Heart ‘is a new song on the album will be released next year. ”We do not have to be afraid anymore,” Lightbody sings. A truism. A song in the list hits.

And then the turn of Eva Roovers. As in National Forest to assist them Lightbody ‘Set Fire To The Third Bar’, a melody originally sung by Martha Wainwright. And just like then it is a gorgeous duet. ”Is not she wonderful?” Asks Lightbody.

“The Planets Bend Between Us’ gets a bombastic arrangement that we are not particularly wild.A false note in a strong performance.

“Chasing Cars” is the new jacket again strong.

Bissen his “If there’s a rocket tie me to it ‘and’ Just say yes’, visually supported by lasers.

It was blody awesome :wacky:

Though there is other rewiev which isnt as good as this one :thinking:

Snow_Patrol_100820_01.jpg?1282347378

Snow_Patrol_100820_08.jpg?1282347401

Snow_Patrol_100820_09.jpg?1282347404

http://www.cuttingedge.be/photo_reports/4784?index=0

ok I'm not good in these things ( you better say bad ;))

but yes it was like in that review, no it was better :P

well I'm not a big fan of snow patrol so I'm gonna try to write it :nice:

so I was standing in the middle of the crowd ( but really in the middle )

the lights go out and everybody started clapping like we did during M&S :P

sorry for this but I don't know all the titles of the songs :shame:

Shut Your Eyes was one of the best song specially when Gary said that first the girls, women ,etc had to sing and that the men :lol: AWESOME moment!!!

then everybody was still singing: 'shut your eyes and sing to me' what was so great

They played also a new song :dance: 'Big broken heart' an awesome song with great lyrics!!

then Eva de Roovere came singing 'Set fire to the third bar' so nice!!

Chasing cars was very good 'cause it was an other version than the one that I know

Just say yes was amazing for watching with the lazers that were wonderfull at the trees :rolleyes:

so I tried to write it down

sorry for my bad English ;)