✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

Ok, we're talking handsomeness scale...so here's mine :sneaky:

Just interchange your number 3 and 4 and you've got mine :)

Ok, we're talking handsomeness scale...so here's mine :sneaky:

1-

g3.jpg

2-

Snow+Patrol+Arriving+Hamburg+sMsfY5Iva4Gl.jpg

3-

16149_201260246436_94910631436_3705153_1273781_n.jpg

4-

3432016717_c8b0d95966.jpg

5-

10.jpg

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't posted here in a couple months, and as much as I love ranking the boys in terms of good looks (or not :P), I just wanted to say that "Somewhere a Clock is Ticking" has dethroned "Make This Go On Forever" as my favorite SP song. I still think MTGOF is beautiful, but SACIT blows my mind every time I listen to it.

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4345314

-Crack the Shutters.

I could sit for hours finding new ways to be awed each minute / Cause the daylight seems to want you just as much as I want you

-Fifteen Minutes Old.
Well, close the door and I’ll go anywhere / You take me to from this bed onto so much more

-If There's a Rocket Tie Me To It.
And I knew the beat ’cause it matched your own beat / I still remember that from our chest to chest and feet to feet

-Make This Go On Forever.
First kiss and the first time that I felt connected to anything (...)Please just save me from this darkness

-Set Fire to the Third Bar.
I’m miles from where you are, / I lay down on the cold ground / I, I pray that something picks me up / And sets me down in your warm arms

Gary you fuckin genius :bigcry:

Please keep your hands down

And stop raising your voice

It's hardly what I'd be doing if you gave me a choice

It's a simple suggestion can you give me sometime

So just say yes or no

Why can't you shoulder the blame

Coz both my shoulders are heavy

From the weight of us both

You're a big boy now so let's not talk about growth

You've not heard a single word I have said...

Oh, my God

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDMuEpKdRn0]YouTube- Snow Patrol- How to be dead[/ame]

I just think Gary's pretty honestly. :P The others just make me laugh. :D

:lol: I thought so, too at first. Wait til you see them live. I must say, Pablo and his bass are quite lovely to look at.

Haven't posted here in a couple months, and as much as I love ranking the boys in terms of good looks (or not :P), I just wanted to say that "Somewhere a Clock is Ticking" has dethroned "Make This Go On Forever" as my favorite SP song. I still think MTGOF is beautiful, but SACIT blows my mind every time I listen to it.

Michael! SACIT has really been growing on me lately. I've always liked it, but I'm just liking it more and more now.

Humm..favorite song...It's so hard...Gary's words are just too beautiful, they're some magic in every song...maybe I'll go for 'set the fire to third bar', 'On/off' or '15 minutes old'... :thinking:

i hate choosing! :(

in no order top 5-

It's Beginning to Get to Me

The Lightning Strike

Chocolate

Same/You Could Be Happy (depending on the day :P)

Hands Open/Set The Fire (it's a tie :P)

So just say yes or no

Oh, my God

LOVE those lyrics. and love that I have a distinct memory of Gary singing them when I saw them last. :wacky:

So just say yes or no

Oh, my God

YouTube- Snow Patrol- How to be dead

+1000

I duno why byt this song reminds me of 'It's beginning to get to me'. The typical 'fight' song about his long time girlfriend (I guess it must be weird for her to have 2 entire albums talking about her... )

It's so thrilling but also wrong

Don't have to prove that you are so strong

'Cause I can carry you on my back

After our enemies attack

I tried to tell you before I left

But I was screaming under my breath

You are the only thing that makes sense

Just ignore all this present tense

We need to feel breathless with love

And not collapse under its weight

:bigcry:

:lol: I thought so, too at first. Wait til you see them live. I must say, Pablo and his bass are quite lovely to look at.

I heavily second that... :wink3:

The Lightning Strike

And in the middle of the flood I felt my worth

When you held onto me like I was your little life raft

Please know that you were mine as well

Enough said :smug:

And I forgot on my list 'dark roman wine'... I will quote all the song :lol: cause it's just overall beautiful

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Z5MxmAQ5w]YouTube- Snow Patrol 01: Dark Roman Wine[/ame]

:bomb:

*re-emerges from self isolation... :curtain:

I just think Gary's pretty honestly. :P The others just make me laugh. :D

poor Tom...destined to be at the bottom of everyone's list from the looks of it. :P

& i didn't really think Jonny was that good looking from photos, but i've now changed my opinion of him...cos in person, he's actually quite the looker. esp with that distinct scar across his left (i think) eyebrow...yeah, i got a REAL good look of Jonny. *lol* :lol:

Pablo isn't really my type tho...i got the impression he's the "emo boy" type somehow. tho a soft spoken & nice & friendly one. heh

BUT Gary's still (predictably) top of my list of SP guys. :wacky:

So just say yes or no

Oh, my God

YouTube- Snow Patrol- How to be dead

ah...love love love this song & the lyrics!!! :D

& also 'Chocolate' :

This could be the very minute

I'm aware I'm alive

All these places feel like home

With a name I'd never chosen

I can make my first steps

As a child of 25

(my mantra/inspirational song so far for the duration of my course...tho i'm a bit older than 25...heh)

& 'Hands Open' :

It's not as easy as willing it all to be right

Gotta be more than hoping it's right

(keep thinking of this when i get frustrated cos i'm stuck with a programming problem i thought should've been working right the first time round)

& also 'You Could Be Happy' (just the whole frigging entire song! ah...loving someone who's happier being with somebody else, just not you...)

& also 'Make This Go On Forever' :

We have got through so much worse than this before

What's so different this time that you can't ignore

You say it is much more than just my last mistake

And we should spend some time apart for both our sakes

& not forgetting 'Run' :

Light up, light up

As if you have a choice

Even if you cannot hear my voice

I'll be right beside you dear

Louder louder

And we'll run for our lives

I can hardly speak I understand

Why you can't raise your voice to say

...which reminds me, once i'm done with my project i actually want to a little picture thingy with the entire song's lyrics with a picture block i have of this Banksy graffiti:

1547168052_00d7e08ff4_o.jpg

suddenly got the idea one day recently cos i thought the song's lyrics & this graffiti seem very well suited to go together... :dozey:

& also 'Chocolate' :

This could be the very minute

I'm aware I'm alive

All these places feel like home

With a name I'd never chosen

I can make my first steps

As a child of 25

(my mantra/inspirational song so far for the duration of my course...tho i'm a bit older than 25...heh)

:lol: yeah...you too have crossed the 25 mark...?! *high 5 Kimi!*

...which reminds me, once i'm done with my project i actually want to a little picture thingy with the entire song's lyrics with a picture block i have of this Banksy graffiti:

1547168052_00d7e08ff4_o.jpg

suddenly got the idea one day recently cos i thought the song's lyrics & this graffiti seem very well suited to go together... :dozey:

BANKSY :awesome: I love that man's work! I'm a sucker for street arts and Banksy's work is just so moving and smart! I saw his book in London the other day, I almost bought it but I've been reasonnable and instead bought the SP DVD of Somerset (which I've never seen in store in France :dozey: ) (@V: I guess I've shown you the Banksy book?)

SACIT has really been growing on me lately. I've always liked it, but I'm just liking it more and more now.

The same thing is happening to me, the song came in my Ipod the other day, and I literaly re-discovered it! ^^

poor Tom...destined to be at the bottom of everyone's list from the looks of it. :P

Everyone seem to have agreed on that... :p

& i didn't really think Jonny was that good looking from photos, but i've now changed my opinion of him...cos in person, he's actually quite the looker. esp with that distinct scar across his left (i think) eyebrow...yeah, i got a REAL good look of Jonny. *lol* :lol:

I totally agree with you, you really realize how good-looking he is when you see him in person! The main thing that I remember from the time I "met" him after the Paris gig is his eyes :) (you must have taken quite a good -and close- look at him to have noticed the scar :lol:)

I saw his book in London the other day, I almost bought it but I've been reasonnable and instead bought the SP DVD of Somerset (which I've never seen in store in France :dozey: ) (@V: I guess I've shown you the Banksy book?)

Yes, you showed me the book at the store :) from what I saw his work is really good (don't know anything about street arts either though :p)

As for my fav SP songs, it's just impossible to choose!... But if I had to name a few (without thinking) I'd say: Set The Fire To The Third Bar, Make This Go On Forever, Give Me Strength (:cry:), ... the list varies according to my mood, but even if it may sound a bit "cliché" Chasing Cars and Run will always be in my top list :rolleyes:

Finally found a decent version of Big broken: good quality image AND sound! (+ there is a good view on Iain Archer <3)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZTlz-TUwvI]YouTube- Big broken - Snow patrol BRAND NEW SONG[/ame]

T.T

:lol: yeah...you too have crossed the 25 mark...?! *high 5 Kimi!*

:D

i passed the 25 mark a long time ago. was already 29 when i started on my course. now approaching the 30 mark this year. :dozey:

BANKSY :awesome: I love that man's work! I'm a sucker for street arts and Banksy's work is just so moving and smart! I saw his book in London the other day, I almost bought it but I've been reasonnable and instead bought the SP DVD of Somerset (which I've never seen in store in France :dozey: ) (@V: I guess I've shown you the Banksy book?)

yeah! love his works (& street art in general too)! & i stay almost literally right across the road from 1 of his works here in Bristol at the moment! i suppose the book you're talking about is 'Wall & Piece'? it's a pretty interesting book...apparently self published by Banksy! :)

I totally agree with you, you really realize how good-looking he is when you see him in person! The main thing that I remember from the time I "met" him after the Paris gig is his eyes :) (you must have taken quite a good -and close- look at him to have noticed the scar :lol:)

*lol* pretty much. he's quite tall compared to me too (Tom's pretty much the only SP guy i can talk almost eye-to-eye with) & he had to kinda squat down a bit to hear what i was mumbling (yeah, i pretty much mumbled my way thru my brief time with each of the 4 SP guys). & the 1 thing i noticed then was the scar on his eyebrow. & when he took a photo with me, he also kinda squat down again so that Pablo could get both of us in the photo on my camera...Jonny's face was like right next to mine. :P

As for my fav SP songs, it's just impossible to choose!... But if I had to name a few (without thinking) I'd say: Set The Fire To The Third Bar, Make This Go On Forever, Give Me Strength (:cry:), ... the list varies according to my mood, but even if it may sound a bit "cliché" Chasing Cars and Run will always be in my top list :rolleyes:

i think 'Chasing Cars' & 'Run' (especially 'Run'!) are great songs, tho 'Chasing Cars' isn't their best...so it's kinda unfortunate that most ppl know SP for "the (overplayed) chasing cars song".

i do like what they've done with the Reworked Tour version of 'Chasing Cars', but i can't help but wonder if the reason they've added a chanty bit in there is due to partial influence by Coldplay & the Viva chant with a live crowd after touring with them. same goes for the delay riff intro to the Reworked version of 'The Planets Bend Between Us'...possible influence by U2 from touring with them?

anyway, i digress. i REALLY love the Union Chapel version of 'Chasing Cars' too...that'd make a great wedding song (i think i've said it before, but...just for good measure. hehe)

i passed the 25 mark a long time ago. was already 29 when i started on my course. now approaching the 30 mark this year. :dozey:

I'm 27 and birthday in september.... The 30's mark is approach too :bigcry:

! i suppose the book you're talking about is 'Wall & Piece'? it's a pretty interesting book...apparently self published by Banksy! :

Yeah, that's the one :)

*lol* pretty much. he's quite tall compared to me too (Tom's pretty much the only SP guy i can talk almost eye-to-eye with) & he had to kinda squat down a bit to hear what i was mumbling (yeah, i pretty much mumbled my way thru my brief time with each of the 4 SP guys). & the 1 thing i noticed then was the scar on his eyebrow. & when he took a photo with me, he also kinda squat down again so that Pablo could get both of us in the photo on my camera...Jonny's face was like right next to mine. :P

they're all so tall, what's up with those guys?!! :lol:

i think 'Chasing Cars' & 'Run' (especially 'Run'!) are great songs, tho 'Chasing Cars' isn't their best...so it's kinda unfortunate that most ppl know SP for "the (overplayed) chasing cars song".

I won't argue about the 'chasing cars' overplay (kinda like VLV... :dozey: ) Btw, I love Gary's reaction :lol: when the song was voted most played/best song of the decade (love Alex K. little cameo too...love you Alex <3)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNGcA_1kyKI]YouTube- The Greatest Songs of the Noughties - "Chasing Cars", melhor música da década[/ame]

but I have to admit that I discover SP with it on Grey's anatomy about 4 years ago... :shame: so I'll always be grateful to that song :rolleyes:

(side note: while I was writing this post, 'Just say yes' was on the radio... :rolleyes: FATE.)

*lol* pretty much. he's quite tall compared to me too (Tom's pretty much the only SP guy i can talk almost eye-to-eye with) & he had to kinda squat down a bit to hear what i was mumbling

Jonny's not a lot taller than me, but he squat down nonetheless for the picture! :lol: that made me laugh cause it made me feel smaller than I actually am ^_-

i REALLY love the Union Chapel version of 'Chasing Cars' too...that'd make a great wedding song (i think i've said it before, but...just for good measure. hehe)

That version is really breathtaking! & you're right about the wedding song, the emotion of the song would fit perfectly that of a wedding ceremony :awesome:

they're all so tall, what's up with those guys?!! :lol:

It might have something to do with the Irish genes :p

I won't argue about the 'chasing cars' overplay (kinda like VLV... :dozey: )

Now that's one thing I hold against radios, when a song becomes a hit, they tend to be played all the time... I remember when VLV was released, there was a time when I couldn't listen to it on the radio anymore cause I didn't want to get tired of it.

but I have to admit that I discover SP with it on Grey's anatomy about 4 years ago... :shame: so I'll always be grateful to that song :rolleyes:

I did discover them in a TV show but not Grey's Anatomy... It was way back before GA, and the first song I heard of them was Open Your Eyes (in "ER"), I loved it from the start! Ironically, they opened the gig with that song this year :happy:

And speaking of gigs, the band is back on the road this month, with the U2 Tour, Pukkelpop and Lowlands:

http://www.snowpatrol.com/news/default.aspx?nid=27732

Too bad they won't be the opening act of U2 in Paris... :(