✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

They have to release a new album quick cause this thread is starting to become a Lightbody fangirl cave XDD (not that I'm complaining...lol)

:lol:

here's another...

35322_1346277377604_1251376161_30778705_5716118_n.jpg

:wacky:

I just LOVE that shot!

Soooooo, on a more music- related note, do you guys have all their b-sides, first two albums, etc? I'm slowly starting to get more, though I still don't have When It's All Over... and Songs for Polar Bears.

WOW.jpg?t=1278792571

:drunk:

:dead:

:D

They have to release a new album quick cause this thread is starting to become a Lightbody fangirl cave XDD (not that I'm complaining...lol)

There is nothing wrong in turning this into fangirl cave. :D But new album would be great!

"In short women rule all. Or at least they really should. Aside from Sarah Palin. She should not be allowed to rule. Let's not tangent off into the murky bog of shit slinging festivals that is the US elections suffice to say the world needs Obama."

WONDERFUL quote from Gary on one of his blogs. :wacky:

:lol:

here's another...

35322_1346277377604_1251376161_30778705_5716118_n.jpg

:wacky:

I just LOVE that shot!

Soooooo, on a more music- related note, do you guys have all their b-sides, first two albums, etc? I'm slowly starting to get more, though I still don't have When It's All Over... and Songs for Polar Bears.

Jen, did you want those earlier B-sides. ;)

& i do believe that's the shirt he was wearing post-gig last nite! haha :cool:

^why, of course I do, Kimmi! :D

I've got a few b-sides the lovely Karen shared in the MM section, and I think I've gotten a few from you too, but I believe I'm still missing quite a few. I'm eventually gonna break down and buy the first two albums... but I've been in such a music-buying frenzy lately, it'll probably have to wait a couple of months. :rolleyes:

@Christina- mmmm... that just sounds lovely. I'm jealous of all your vinyl. would love to buy it (in fact I keep seeing the vinyl edition of VLV mocking me at my local best buy), but I've got nothing to play it on. :(

You should get a record player! :P I just got one a few months ago actually, I just use vinyls from my favorite artists mainly to decorate my walls.

Record players aren't too expensive, and honestly, they're a fantastic investment. I prefer playing music on them instead of on my iPod now. :D

Does anyone else think "Chasing Cars" is a good wedding song or just me? :D

I think so. :D

Speaking of Chasing Cars, during the Tired Pony show, someone asked for it XD Since I filmed all the scenes between songs, here's Gary's reaction...just priceless...XD

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTX_8rM5v8k]YouTube- Tired Pony HMV FORUM - Banter 06_Chasing Cars, you wasted your money[/ame]

*giggles*

And yeah, it's a good wedding song! Your sister has good tastes!

@Jen: you should check the YT channel of a girl named SnowPatrolGirl, she has all the b-sides of SP on it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/snowpatrolgirl#g/u

^why, of course I do, Kimmi! :D

I've got a few b-sides the lovely Karen shared in the MM section, and I think I've gotten a few from you too, but I believe I'm still missing quite a few. I'm eventually gonna break down and buy the first two albums... but I've been in such a music-buying frenzy lately, it'll probably have to wait a couple of months. :rolleyes:

haha...well, i can't remember what i've passed to you & i do spot some gems i don't have (yet) on Karen's link. :sneaky:

but, anyway, here yous go... (gawd, i love Gary's Irish accent with the "yous"es & all when he's not consciously neutralising it! :wacky: )

SP B-Sides (Part 1)

SP B-Sides (Part 2)

Does anyone else think "Chasing Cars" is a good wedding song or just me? :D

the Union Chapel version of 'Chasing Cars' in particular is simply beautiful...got that earmarked for my wedding alongside the original album version of 'The Planets Bend Between Us'!

now all i need to do is find the right guy...& try not to compare him too much to Gary, if/when i do... :P

ahhhhhhhhh.... listening to the Lightning Strike.

lovelovelovelovelovelove :heart:

My favorite Snow Patrol song. Especially the third part (don't remember what it's called).

"And in the middle of the flood I felt my worth, when you held on to me like I was your little life raft, please know, that you were mine as well."

:wacky: I freaking love that line.

My favorite Snow Patrol song. Especially the third part (don't remember what it's called).

That's 'Daybreak' :)

"And in the middle of the flood I felt my worth, when you held on to me like I was your little life raft, please know, that you were mine as well."

:wacky: I freaking love that line.

me too :bigcry: But almost every line of Gary's lyrics is worth quoting...