✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

Yeah, that's a good thing! Just like for Coldplay, people & critics tend to bash them cause they're popular... But popular doesn't mean less quality people !! :angry:

It's really the thing I hate about critics, when a band is popular, it's like they can't help but become full of prejudices... It's as if the popular bands always have to prove something and justify their popularity.

It's a good thing that TP has given some people second thoughts about SP!

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a Tired Pony ITV but Gary talked about Snow Patrol's next album:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1296934/At-arrival-supergroup-thats-ego-trip.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

article-1296934-046AEE5B0000044D-905_468x313.jpg

Here what caught my eyes:

'After working with Tired Pony, I'd like to do the next Snow Patrol album quickly,' says Gary. 'We could finish it in six weeks. I don't want any time off.'

THAT would be awesome!!! (thx Tired Pony :p)

By all means, do finish it in six weeks, G! You would make us the happiest fans on earth! :smug:

Yep!

It's weird cause sometimes, I think I prefer bands to take their and not rush things, but sometimes, I think it's great that they don't spend too much time upon it and let spontaneity take over :) Sometimes it's for the best! Look at TP: 8 days, 1 or 2 take per song, almost impro and we have a masterpiece!

(secret message intend to CP... :rolleyes: )

It's weird cause sometimes, I think I prefer bands to take their and not rush things, but sometimes, I think it's great that they don't spend too much time upon it and let spontaneity take over :) Sometimes it's for the best! Look at TP: 8 days, 1 or 2 take per song, almost impro and we have a masterpiece!

(secret message intend to CP... :rolleyes: )

Yep, sometimes it's good not to overthink stuff and just go with the feelings, and TP has understood it perfectly ;)

(I don't think CP will ever make an album in just a few weeks, they seem to like to tale their time :p)

Six weeks? :cheesy: The earlier the album, the earlier the tour!

The man hates having time off. :P

I won't blame him for that! :) And according to the TP interview posted by Anna, if the schedules of both REM & SP enable it, we could also have another chance to see him live with TP! ^^

You forgot the 2nd album title: When It’s All Over We Still Have to Clear Up...:lol:

*lol* yeah! & that too!

Yeah, that's a good thing! Just like for Coldplay, people & critics tend to bash them cause they're popular... But popular doesn't mean less quality people !! :angry:

sometimes i wonder if all these critics realise that in order for a band to be able to survive to keep making albums is to become popular...cos then at least they're financially secure enough to be able to make good music as & when they can instead of having to juggle time between a normal daytime job & gigs/recording/jamming. i have a classmate who's in a band, but they aren't big/signed to anyone so he's managing his time between his MSc dissertation + working part time + band time. i'm in awe at his ability to be able to get so much done even!

article-1296934-046AEE5B0000044D-905_468x313.jpg

totally random, but my 1st thought when i saw this photo: "Shiny Happy People" :D

(btw, it's an REM song, for anyone who don't know ;) )

totally random, but my 1st thought when i saw this photo: "Shiny Happy People" :D

(btw, it's an REM song, for anyone who don't know ;) )

Love that song but the music video is a big LOL :laugh3:

If everything goes as planned, next year will be a busy one, with CP, SP & TP ! :dance: (what's with all the Ps? :p)

Next year for me will be ace: CP, SP, TP, Kings of Leon, maybe Paolo & Florence :awesome: but this also means they all have 'breaks' at the same time so not cool :confused:

Ok, I've finaaaaally suscribe to Q (about time...) and I found this 2006 article (thx to the thirdbar, this site is truly fab!) Thought you might be interested...Gary spoke already of Listen...Tanks :lol:

The rest, we already knew 95 % of it, but it still just makes me want to hug him :cry:

QSnowPatrol.jpg

QSnowPatrol1.jpg

QSnowPatrol2.jpg

QSnowPatrol4.jpg

4604287153_36c89536bf.jpg

4604287103_618562f62c.jpg

4604901260_84b58488c0.jpg

:)

Thank you A, this article is really good! :)

(love the pics ^^)

(thx to the thirdbar, this site is truly fab!)

It is! I really should take more time to explore it ;)

TP related: looked through Q's website and their 50 Essential Tracks To Download This Month (July) -> number 12 is The Good Book! :D

I love the way he talks about Jonny. So much love :heart:

Yep, me too! :rolleyes: My fav ITV was the one from the irish herald (?) where he talked a lot about his dark days and how the band and especially Jonny have helped him :cry: I think I've seen a few ITV where he said Jonny saved him but don't remember which ones...

'Jonnys' are care bear apparently...between him and our Jonny boy :smug:

TP related: looked through Q's website and their 50 Essential Tracks To Download This Month (July) -> number 12 is The Good Book!

Yeah, the last Q issue is a big TP ad! Between the 50 tracks of the month, the 1page ad of the album, the 1 page review of the album, the little article for the show and the little text to present the month's album where they basically say that the only thing that didn't suck that month is TP :D LOVE Q!

'Jonnys' are care bear apparently...between him and our Jonny boy :smug:

You got it all right! :smug:

Yeah, the last Q issue is a big TP ad! Between the 50 tracks of the month, the 1page ad of the album, the 1 page review of the album, the little article for the show and the little text to present the month's album where they basically say that the only thing that didn't suck that month is TP :D LOVE Q!

Sounds like a collector to me, gotta try and put my hands on that issue! :D

Sounds like a collector to me, gotta try and put my hands on that issue! :D

You better hurry cause the new one was released on the 26 in UK (so it's been 3 days I'm lurking to my librairy to find it, they speak apparently about CP, Flo etc..). The 'TP issue' is with KOL on the cover (yeah, now you understand better why I bought it :P) But Q speaks about SP or Gary on almost every issue... I've checked the ones I've got home and they're almost always there :lol: (with Gary's track of the month)

(even if I'm pissed at them at the moment for the 'pigeon incident'...)[/size]

Heard about that story... I sympathize with the fans :confused:

snow_patrol.jpg

To me, Jonny > Nathan on the "handsomeness scale" :p

(of course, it's rather G > J > N)

To me, Jonny > Nathan on the "handsomeness scale" :p

(of course, it's rather G > J > N)

Ok, we're talking handsomeness scale...so here's mine :sneaky:

1- *drum roll*

like it could be anybody else....perfection turn into man....

g3.jpg

2-

Snow+Patrol+Arriving+Hamburg+sMsfY5Iva4Gl.jpg

3-

3432016717_c8b0d95966.jpg

4-

16149_201260246436_94910631436_3705153_1273781_n.jpg

5-

10.jpg