✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

"And in the middle of the flood I felt my worth, when you held on to me like I was your little life raft, please know, that you were mine as well."

:wacky: I freaking love that line.

Just beautiful... :heart:

me too :bigcry: But almost every line of Gary's lyrics is worth quoting...

and now with TP, we have even more material to quote!

He's just, he's a freaking genius.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite Snow Patrol song. Especially the third part (don't remember what it's called).

"And in the middle of the flood I felt my worth, when you held on to me like I was your little life raft, please know, that you were mine as well."

:wacky: I freaking love that line.

OMG, when the chorus starts "Something was bound to go right sometime today>>>" I swear I feel like I've gotten an electrical shock.

Gary posted a new blog note on Inception *w*

http://www.snowpatrol.com/forum/default.aspx?cid=28&tid=430607

It's only coming out today in France and since I'm working, i'll only be able to see it staurday, but I've been waiting for this for sooo long, I'm excited :dance: Nolan is one of my fav director, just like Fincher, I've seen all his movies... It doesn't surprise me that Gary loved it, it echoes all those fantastic reviews of this film.

I loved when he said: Think about the pitch meeting with the studio heads: “OK, I want to make a genre-humping, philosophical near 3 hour movie about dream thieves”?? Scratched heads all round… “Er, did I say there’d be explosions and Leo DiCaprio”. Ok, fair enough that may have sweetened the deal but still it’s immensely brave.

:laugh3: I guess he was not that far from the truth...!

So, I just found out this great forum! As writing this, i'm listening Final straw this album. AWESOME! Viva Snow patrol :D

Welcome on Coldplaying :) We're all Coldplay lovers here (as you can imagine) but a all lot of us love Snow Patrol (and Tired Pony). So feel free to pay us a visit, we love chatting about our fav bands ^^

We have the same taste in movies. :wacky::P

Yeah, he has great tastes :cool: 98% of the movies he has been citing for the past years, I've loved them too :lol: *bless my movie theater card*

And just because I'm in mood for this song for a few days...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZTxsjMQVkM]YouTube- Lisa Hannigan & Gary Lightbody - Some Surprise (Live)[/ame]

:bigcry: too beautiful :bomb: (I love beardy Gary :heart: )

Gary posted a new blog note on Inception *w*

http://www.snowpatrol.com/forum/default.aspx?cid=28&tid=430607

Nice update from Gary! I love to read his reviews about films :) I've been waiting for this one, and reading his review makes me even more impatient to see it! DiCaprio is a great actor, in my humble opinion (he was amazing in Shutter Island), and seeing him in a Nolan movie is bound to be something really good! ^^

So, I just found out this great forum! As writing this, i'm listening Final straw this album. AWESOME! Viva Snow patrol :D

Welcome here! Hope you'll enjoy yourself ;)

And just because I'm in mood for this song for a few days...

:bigcry: too beautiful :bomb: (I love beardy Gary :heart: )

I love this song, and this live version is beautiful :heart:

(beardy G = :thumbsup:)

Guys, have you seen this?!! Gary dropped the potential name of SP next album!! It reminds of the kind of '"Get Balsamic Vinegar...Quick You Fool" :lol:)

Although currently busy with his Tired Pony side-project, Snow Patrol’s Gary Lightbody has been talking to Hot Press about the band’s highly-anticipated follow-up to A Hundred Million Suns.

“Well, I’ve written something on a board which is Unfortunately For You, This Is No Bloodless Coup,” he tells Olaf Tyaransen. “And that’s the only thing that I’ve written down yet. So that’s kind of our statement of intent for the next record. A bold move, I believe.”

While they’ve already started work, the Patrol’s sixth studio album is still very much at the embryonic stage.

“I don’t really know what the next record is gonna be. We’ve started writing and the songs are huuge sounding. I don’t know whether it’s to do with the Tired Pony record or something, but the first Snow Patrol record after the Reindeer Section was Final Straw and that was the record that changed everything, so perhaps something extraordinary is about to happen to Snow Patrol because of Tired Pony. I really don’t know, but the songs at the moment are the best we’ve ever written by some considerable distance.

“I feel like we tried something with the last record, but we didn’t quite carry it off. We tried to be a little bit more esoteric and a little bit more inventive and go a little bit darker and deeper, but I think we got caught halfway or something and we just didn’t quite get it. I love that record, I think it’s a brilliant record, but I think the next record will be the one that changes everything. I think the next record will be the one that we’re remembered for. And the ones after it, hopefully!”

source: http://www.hotpress.com/news/6747121.html

:stunned: he seems really enthousiastic! It doesn't surprise me that the TP experience has boosted him! I think Peter Buck's magic touch is for sthg... I think Gary must have learnt a lot from him on his way of apprehending music.

I'm really excited to see what the guys will come up with :dance:

And they will also feature on a tribute album for John Martyn (along with Lisa Hannigan, The swell season and my dear Paolo Nutini *w*)

Guys, have you seen this?!! Gary dropped the potential name of SP next album!! It reminds of the kind of '"Get Balsamic Vinegar...Quick You Fool" :lol:)

Well, that title is interesting! :p I really can't wait to hear more about it, it all sounds promising! ^^

Gary is still in London

That smile.... :kiss:

Another good reason to love this city! (I miss it, can't wait to go back there!) (cutest smile ever :wacky:)

You're right Aurelie, it's very infectious! Reminds me of the gig, he spent the entire time smiling... and so did I! :D

Yes! I don't need anything else to cheer me up! :lol: Just looking at him makes me smile...that's dumb I know, but I can't help it, his smile is infectious!

haha...same here...i may just put this in my phone as a quick "go to" for a pick-me-up when i'm away from my computer...who needs sunflowers when you have Gary's infectious smile to brighten up the day? :wacky:

Well, that title is interesting! :p I really can't wait to hear more about it, it all sounds promising! ^^

Another good reason to love this city! (I miss it, can't wait to go back there!) (cutest smile ever :wacky:)

You're right Aurelie, it's very infectious! Reminds me of the gig, he spent the entire time smiling... and so did I! :D

it's such a mouthful! 'Unfortunately For You, This Is No Bloodless Coup' :confused:

& that's compared to the following songs :

'Get Balsamic Vinegar...Quick You Fool' or

'We Can Run Away Now They're All Dead And Gone' or

'Please Just Take These Photos From My Hands'

...oh, wait. our boy's already got a penchant for long song titles... :dozey:

on another note, i kinda like how in a few of the reviews i've read of the TP album/gig, the reviewers mention that the songs have prompted them to possibly give the SP albums another re-listen or to actually check out SP's stuff... :)

& on a totally other note, i'm kinda not surprised that Gary simply loved 'Inception' (darnit! he beat me to watching it twice!), but his review of the movie is very well written, imo.

whatever i have to say or have been saying to my friends about 'Inception', he's got it covered spot on! think i shall just refer ppl who haven't seen it & go "oh, it's that good? it didn't seem that way from the trailer..." when i tell them to go watch 'Inception' to his review. :P

it's such a mouthful! 'Unfortunately For You, This Is No Bloodless Coup' :confused:

& that's compared to the following songs :

'Get Balsamic Vinegar...Quick You Fool' or

'We Can Run Away Now They're All Dead And Gone' or

'Please Just Take These Photos From My Hands'

...oh, wait. our boy's already got a penchant for long song titles... :dozey:

You forgot the 2nd album title: When It’s All Over We Still Have to Clear Up...:lol:

on another note, i kinda like how in a few of the reviews i've read of the TP album/gig, the reviewers mention that the songs have prompted them to possibly give the SP albums another re-listen or to actually check out SP's stuff... :)

Yeah, that's a good thing! Just like for Coldplay, people & critics tend to bash them cause they're popular... But popular doesn't mean less quality people !! :angry: