✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

:So how is everyone today?:

Guest LiquidSky

university index? :confused: what's that nina? :thinking:
this is a red book which contains your personal info like name, birthdate, home address, faculty on a certain university and then your courses, subjects and passed exams. you have it until you get a diploma. ;)

That's cool, Ari! How is it going so far? :D

To go home it's always nice, nina. I did manage to get some sleep. I seem to be forgetting to do that too..

Thanks, Lore and Dave.

Nothing bad happened except that I got told things (in front of everybody) and it got into a little argument and I am not one of those to keep their mouth shut specially when I know I'm right. So then she was apologizing over and over again which I guess annoyed me in the end. After that, a few hours later I got a deep cut and I just exploded. It seems like not a big deal but it's more than that. I lost a couple of family members this year and I guess I'm not over that yet.:\

aww *hugs* you just need some time for yourself to get over the tragedies. it might take you a long time but you'll see, you'll be better afterwards. It's difficult to just continue your life like nothing happened, so yeah ... it's hard. :\

i didn't go home straight from my other appartment, but rather stopped at my boyfriend's and returned this morning :D was much much better like it'd be otherwise. =) :D

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me too, but i think that is a bit more difficult than to learn portuguese, at least for me. i've heard that verbs are complicated, many tenses... :confused:

I've studied some italian and yeah, it's not the easiest language to learn.

I only studied it for like 5 or 6 months last year..and then last summer i went to italy and i was so suprised how much i understood what they were saying! And last year this time i could only say the basic things and stuff like that and i didn't think i'd ever be able to understand what they're saying 'cause they talk so fast! (which wasn't the case most of the time)

But i think learning italian wasn't that hard for me (i'm still talking about the basics, haha) because we have just as many, or even more, verbs (always own one for diffrerent pronouns) so it was natural to use them.

I've studied some italian and yeah, it's not the easiest language to learn.

I only studied it for like 5 or 6 months last year..and then last summer i went to italy and i was so suprised how much i understood what they were saying! And last year this time i could only say the basic things and stuff like that and i didn't think i'd ever be able to understand what they're saying 'cause they talk so fast! (which wasn't the case most of the time)

But i think learning italian wasn't that hard for me (i'm still talking about the basics, haha) because we have just as many, or even more, verbs (always own one for diffrerent pronouns) so it was natural to use them.

oh that's good rolle ;)

so you are studying italian now?

i think that the main problem to learn a language is understand the grammar, tenses and stuff like that, because its related with culture, point of view of things (for instance the pronouns).

in general on languages that come from latin, i think that the most difficult part is grammar, but i think that's 'cause latin grammar is not so easy too... although when i had to study latin what i found more difficult to learn were declinations of nouns, mainly as in spanish a noun has no declinations.. :confused:

that's what i meant when i say that a language show the culture of it.

as i said i did a basic course of portuguese, during a month, and i understand most what people says here, but i keep asking, "could you repeat that again", anyways i'm here only since a week so... i try to watch tv as often as i can, and to talk to people, but most times they told me to speak spanish lol... i came here to learn portuguese not to keep speaking spanish :wacko:

oh that's good rolle ;)

so you are studying italian now?

i think that the main problem to learn a language is understand the grammar, tenses and stuff like that, because its related with culture, point of view of things (for instance the pronouns).

in general on languages that come from latin, i think that the most difficult part is grammar, but i think that's 'cause latin grammar is not so easy too... although when i had to study latin what i found more difficult to learn were declinations of nouns, mainly as in spanish a noun has no declinations.. :confused:

that's what i meant when i say that a language show the culture of it.

as i said i did a basic course of portuguese, during a month, and i understand most what people says here, but i keep asking, "could you repeat that again", anyways i'm here only since a week so... i try to watch tv as often as i can, and to talk to people, but most times they told me to speak spanish lol... i came here to learn portuguese not to keep speaking spanish :wacko:

I'm not studying it anymore just because there were only 3 course of italian. And if i wanted to study more i would've had to go to a different school and blah, it was so complicated so i didn't study more.

Ha, it's funny how people always tell the foreign one to speak their own language (if they can understand it of course). Although it's important for the foreign student/visitor to learn the new language too. But it's all because they want to help.

Yeah, you should just watch tv and listen to other people talk, ha. I'm sure you'll learn to communicate with portuguese too during your stay there!

I'm not studying it anymore just because there were only 3 course of italian. And if i wanted to study more i would've had to go to a different school and blah, it was so complicated so i didn't study more.

Ha, it's funny how people always tell the foreign one to speak their own language (if they can understand it of course). Although it's important for the foreign student/visitor to learn the new language too. But it's all because they want to help.

Yeah, you should just watch tv and listen to other people talk, ha. I'm sure you'll learn to communicate with portuguese too during your stay there!

oh ok. but if you could, time later, would you study it again?

yes i noticied that... that's why i try to speak portuguese as often as i can, but i'm still to doubtful when speaking... but i know the more i speak it the more i will improve it. ;)

that's one of the reasons why i came, to learn a new language. :D and also because my degree here have some interesting subjects that i don't have in my uni. ;) (e.g.: wineturism, termalism).

oh ok. but if you could, time later, would you study it again?

yes i noticied that... that's why i try to speak portuguese as often as i can, but i'm still to doubtful when speaking... but i know the more i speak it the more i will improve it. ;)

that's one of the reasons why i came, to learn a new language. :D and also because my degree here have some interesting subjects that i don't have in my uni. ;) (e.g.: wineturism, termalism).

Well i most probably will study some other languages later.. I've been thinking of taking some spanish courses next year. And then in uni most probably some more as well.

Ah, i admire you! I so want to go study abroad as well but i'm not sure have i got the guts.. although i'm quite sure i'll go study abroad when i'm in uni. It's a great chance that shouldn't be wasted! I'm glad you've found a nice place to study the subjects you want to study ;)

Well i most probably will study some other languages later.. I've been thinking of taking some spanish courses next year. And then in uni most probably some more as well.

Ah, i admire you! I so want to go study abroad as well but i'm not sure have i got the guts.. although i'm quite sure i'll go study abroad when i'm in uni. It's a great chance that shouldn't be wasted! I'm glad you've found a nice place to study the subjects you want to study ;)

i want to study more languages yet, but i feel i'm getting a bit old for it... :confused: i wanted to learn german since i was 12, but i never tried or had the chance to.. although when i started uni i was thinking to study german instead of french but i kept french, and sometimes the lectures are very boring for me (as i already have a good level in french 'cause i did secondary school, with french as first foreign language).

in fact if this experience goes well, i want to do another degree to can do another year abroad, my first idea will be go to Italy. and of course that time i will visit some european countries that are near Italy ;).

I'm studying abroad thanks to an european scholarship called Erasmus. You should try it when you start uni ;).

here we can do only a year in erasmus per degree. , that's why i want to do another degree later. ;) also for the other degree itself.

it will be great that if in 3 years i would have two degrees and can speak 5 languages, that will help a lot to find a good job i think. :)

i want to study more languages yet, but i feel i'm getting a bit old for it... :confused: i wanted to learn german since i was 12, but i never tried or had the chance to.. although when i started uni i was thinking to study german instead of french but i kept french, and sometimes the lectures are very boring for me (as i already have a good level in french 'cause i did secondary school, with french as first foreign language).

in fact if this experience goes well, i want to do another degree to can do another year abroad, my first idea will be go to Italy. and of course that time i will visit some european countries that are near Italy ;).

I'm studying abroad thanks to an european scholarship called Erasmus. You should try it when you start uni ;).

here we can do only a year in erasmus per degree. , that's why i want to do another degree later. ;) also for the other degree itself.

it will be great that if in 3 years i would have two degrees and can speak 5 languages, that will help a lot to find a good job i think. :)

i'll go study abroad with Erasmus, too. Probably in England or in France, I'm not sure yet... I'll see...

and yes, knowing 5 language really helps you, especially in tourism or wherever where you have to speak with clients. :nice:

i'll go study abroad with Erasmus, too. Probably in England or in France, I'm not sure yet... I'll see...

and yes, knowing 5 language really helps you, especially in tourism or wherever where you have to speak with clients. :nice:

what are you studying nina?

to my uni, and my degree were offered only 3 countries to go (Portugal, Romania, France), we all would like to go to UK (although i would had prefered Ireland), but as they don't have our degree there, we can't go. :(

i really didn't wanted to study Tourism (it wasn't my first option, my first options were spanish philology or any other philology), in fact i wanted to had a year off studies, but my mom "forced" me to do any studies.

I would like to have moved to Madrid, and do some writing courses (on a place, like an academy for writers, but the cost is too high) (i would like to have done like 3 courses of 6 months each one, but each course costs 1000 euros), traditionally writers here study a degree called Philosophy and Writing, but this degree don't exist anymore, so people use to study Spanish Philology. What i really want to be is a writer, i still have time for that i think ;), may be that's why i like a lot to learn languages. :)

what are you studying nina?

to my uni, and my degree were offered only 3 countries to go (Portugal, Romania, France), we all would like to go to UK (although i would had prefered Ireland), but as they don't have our degree there, we can't go. :(

i really didn't wanted to study Tourism (it wasn't my first option, my first options were spanish philology or any other philology), in fact i wanted to had a year off studies, but my mom "forced" me to do any studies.

I would like to have moved to Madrid, and do some writing courses (on a place, like an academy for writers, but the cost is too high) (i would like to have done like 3 courses of 6 months each one, but each course costs 1000 euros), traditionally writers here study a degree called Philosophy and Writing, but this degree don't exist anymore, so people use to study Spanish Philology. What i really want to be is a writer, i still have time for that i think ;), may be that's why i like a lot to learn languages. :)

translating, that's what I'm studying. :)

too bad you weren't able to study spanish philology and landed on tourism. :( i see that the courses are really expensive... but you see, you can still be a writer, i guess you don't need any formal education for that. because many of our writers and poets were studying law or medicine, but still were able to write and all. ;)

translating, that's what I'm studying. :)

too bad you weren't able to study spanish philology and landed on tourism. :( i see that the courses are really expensive... but you see, you can still be a writer, i guess you don't need any formal education for that. because many of our writers and poets were studying law or medicine, but still were able to write and all. ;)

great degree nina :dance:

which are your languages in the degree?

here you must choose between english or french, but you must do another two languages during the degre.

Is difficult to get to that degree here, but they are able to do 2 erasmus during it. ;) a friend is studying it and has been in France for a year, and now is in Liverpool :cool: my friend has choosen english as main one, but is studying french too, and i don't remember the third one.. :confused:

the good side of my degree is that give a general knowledge about things, and of course language. (i mean we revise history, geography, arts....).

you are right. i've been reading a program of a writing course in my city and is mainly read authors and analize them, i can do it myself i think. read the authors that i like and without any doubt they will influnce on my writings. ;)

so the good thing of known many languages is that allows you to read texts in the original language, as i did this summer, that i read a book in french by myself. :)

great degree nina :dance:

which are your languages in the degree?

here you must choose between english or french, but you must do another two languages during the degre.

Is difficult to get to that degree here, but they are able to do 2 erasmus during it. ;) a friend is studying it and has been in France for a year, and now is in Liverpool :cool: my friend has choosen english as main one, but is studying french too, and i don't remember the third one.. :confused:

the good side of my degree is that give a general knowledge about things, and of course language. (i mean we revise history, geography, arts....).

you are right. i've been reading a program of a writing course in my city and is mainly read authors and analize them, i can do it myself i think. read the authors that i like and without any doubt they will influnce on my writings. ;)

so the good thing of known many languages is that allows you to read texts in the original language, as i did this summer, that i read a book in french by myself. :)

French and English ... :)

So you're able to study by yourself at home like you would if you were in that writing course? that's great! ^_^

French and English ... :)

So you're able to study by yourself at home like you would if you were in that writing course? that's great! ^_^

that's cool nine ;) do you have the chance to learn a bit of more languages on your degree?

that's finally what i will do ;) i won't need to pay for that, at least not such an amount of money, and i would get my own style thanks to read and read many authors by myself. ;) and if i have the chance to read them in the original version that's better, i will improve in that way the foreign language too :)

that's cool nine ;) do you have the chance to learn a bit of more languages on your degree?

that's finally what i will do ;) i won't need to pay for that, at least not such an amount of money, and i would get my own style thanks to read and read many authors by myself. ;) and if i have the chance to read them in the original version that's better, i will improve in that way the foreign language too :)

well, no on my degree but there are language courses and I'll enter them if I find any money :nice:

yeah... it's the cheapest way you're going on. and the best. and write write write a lot, this helps the most. ;) and yup, reading books in originals improves your skills, so.... it's the best thing to do!

well, no on my degree but there are language courses and I'll enter them if I find any money :nice:

yeah... it's the cheapest way you're going on. and the best. and write write write a lot, this helps the most. ;) and yup, reading books in originals improves your skills, so.... it's the best thing to do!

which courses would you like to do? :nice:

yes, although i was not very lucky, the 3 books that i've finished, the computer deleted them :confused: and a comedy play that i co-wrote with a friend, finally we couldn't did it on the school theatre. :(

but i keep writing ;)

so i'm seeing that really i'm studying more for hobby than for really need... well i think that never is a problem to have a degree. :)

which courses would you like to do? :nice:

yes, although i was not very lucky, the 3 books that i've finished, the computer deleted them :confused: and a comedy play that i co-wrote with a friend, finally we couldn't did it on the school theatre. :(

but i keep writing ;)

so i'm seeing that really i'm studying more for hobby than for really need... well i think that never is a problem to have a degree. :)

not really sure ... perhaps russian ... or maybe something else since there are so many languages to choose from!

oh god! they ALL got deleted? you don't have any backup copy printed or something? :( but you can still play your comedy once, perhaps next year ;) just don't loose hope!

having a degree is useful. at least you can get employed somehow even if you don't like that job. but it still is something. And much better than nothing.

not really sure ... perhaps russian ... or maybe something else since there are so many languages to choose from!

oh god! they ALL got deleted? you don't have any backup copy printed or something? :( but you can still play your comedy once, perhaps next year ;) just don't loose hope!

having a degree is useful. at least you can get employed somehow even if you don't like that job. but it still is something. And much better than nothing.

wow russian don't it'll be a bit complicated? for the letters... or is that one similar to yours?, i would like to learn bulgarian ('cause my cousin's husband is bulgarian) but as he is already learning spanish...

yes, i had some old copies, is the middle of the book and some plots and parts that i wrote by hand on some notebooks.... one of them i wrote it in just 2 weeks.

about the comedy play i wrote it when i was 12, and never had the chance to try to do it again, was cool for that moment, but now... :confused:

i know, anyways i would like to do another one when i finish this one :D although i have more plans for next year, and them could change many things, so who knows what i will finally do.

wow russian don't it'll be a bit complicated? for the letters... or is that one similar to yours?, i would like to learn bulgarian ('cause my cousin's husband is bulgarian) but as he is already learning spanish...

yes, i had some old copies, is the middle of the book and some plots and parts that i wrote by hand on some notebooks.... one of them i wrote it in just 2 weeks.

about the comedy play i wrote it when i was 12, and never had the chance to try to do it again, was cool for that moment, but now... :confused:

i know, anyways i would like to do another one when i finish this one :D although i have more plans for next year, and them could change many things, so who knows what i will finally do.

well, i know their alphabet (well at least the most of the letters) but theirs isn't similar to ours. We write with the same letters like the most of the countries (latin, therefore?) :nice:

i'm glad that everything's not lost and that you still have something left of them ^^ and for that play... well... i know how it is! :laugh4: i was writing stories when i was 12, too, they seemed good, but now they aren't. bhah.

mmhhmm, leave the decisions open and decide when you have to ...