✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

'M.o.t.S.' Definitive Edition (all territories)

TealAppeal

Dunno about the rest of you however it pained me when the Everyday Life CD released and months later or so I discovered the Japanese version of the CD had one additional song not found on my North American copy, "Flags". 

This thread is my effort to encourage Coldplay to release, Music of The Spheres in it's entirely for all territories.

No additional songs to the CD.

The quote, "Definitive Edition" if you will.

If they decide they want to tack on another song but the CD is released... I encourage them to have it available to download on most popular song buying platforms such as iTunes for example.

Maybe its a marketing strategy however I very much dislike this practice.

Most collectors want to get the complete listening experience, as much entertainment value as they can and shipping a CD from Japan is quite wasteful on the environment. The environment is one cause Coldplay is behind right now so I thought I'd point that out as well.

I ended up purchasing "Flags" on iTunes however I'll be as mad as a horret if Coldplay pulls these shenanigans again.

What you you all think about this? 

Would you purchase your copy of, Music of the Spheres if you knew guaranteed it would have all the songs or do you like more spontaneity with having them release a new song in another country etc?

Every artist always releases their Japenese version with an extra song due to the higher expense of music in Japan.
Coldplay have done it since Parachutes and you'll find most artists still always do it.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Afarmer said:

Every artist always releases their Japenese version with an extra song due to the higher expense of music in Japan.
Coldplay have done it since Parachutes and you'll find most artists still always do it.

Yup, pretty much this. It's a standard music industry practice and MOTS shouldn't be an exception.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2021 at 8:33 AM, Famous Old Painter said:

Bonus tracks are great, who wouldn't want more songs from Coldplay? They would be especially appreciated with MOTS given there are only 9 proper songs on it 

I'd love a deluxe edition like what they did with Ghost Stories. A lot of artists release deluxe editions with bonus tracks. But I doubt they'll do this since a MOTS Volume 2 is likely on the way at some point, whether it's another full album or an EP like Prospekt's March and Kaleidoscope.

On 8/3/2021 at 10:26 PM, LisaFeehily said:

If all artists do this then the Japanese music industry must be worth A LOT more than in any other country with stans buying the Japanese edition instead of or on top of their local one?! It's kind of crazy to think about.

I think most of the people outside Japan buy the Japanese edition CDs second hand as a lot of Japanese consumers buy a new copy just to rip and sell it.
Everyday Life peaked at no. 10 in Japan, so Flag didn't seem to boost the sales from fans outside Japan.