✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What will happen to the band after they release their last album in 2025?

rono3849

I think they'll do another extensive World Tour that will be dubbed "Farewell Coldplay" from 2026 through 2027. After that I expect Chris to release a solo album to launch his new post-Coldplay career, much like Sting did after The Police broke up. He may include Jonny, but not Will or Guy. Chris likes to create music too much. I don't think he'll quit writing music. The other members will certainly be able to live a good life. Guy has already got publishing, car racing/collecting, & his clothing line. Will & Jonny can go into other endeavors in the music business. I will certainly miss them. I thought they'd continue on like U2 has, but I think Chris just wants to do things on his own.

• Like 1

I may be completely wrong of course, but so far I don't really think we have any kind of hint at a possible solo career for Chris, or at the fact that they are going to split up... I can't relate to this possibility at the moment simply because there isn't any official (but also unofficial, actually) statement now. Maybe in the future they will say something about this.

However, I agree with you about the idea of a tour after their last album, as well as about the fact that the guys will find other businesses for their future spare time; but this doesn't necessarily equate their end as a band (at least, that's what I hope and what I think)

This is my personal opinion, so feel free to disagree😌

• Like 2

When we take into account the ending of AHFOD era where Chris said "it's a last chapter of a certain story and now we will be full of surprises" and also the recent comments of finishing their discography in 2025. My interpretation to all of this is:Β 

1) From Parachutes to AHFOD it was about completing the journey of becoming a band they dreamed of.

2) After AHFOD until the album "Coldplay" it seems to be about making their discography complete in their minds.

3) Future after "Coldplay" will be about satisfying their creativity with projects and collaborations without having pressure of fitting into any catalog. Also they can afford touring with just enjoying privilege of being the biggest band of this era.

Β 

So, to make some predictions,I imagine a big tour 2026-2027, but after that I don't really see them stopping writing and producing music actually. It will just be with a different mindset.

As musicians they will definitely feel liberated after the "completion of discography". I'm seeing Chris probably co-writing and co-producing for some other artists. I can't imagine him releasing solo album. Other guys might contribute here and there in different projects.Β 

As a band Coldplay, it will be probably quiet for some years. They will not release music in a format they have done so far. If they release something, it will be something distinctively different, possibly something like a collaboration with orchestra etc. Also the process of release and marketing will probably be more free, not having some certain schedule with singles and going on tv shows.

In terms of touring it's difficult to predict. They might have some big anniversary tours and maybe some little exclusive tours for certain new projects.

Β 

Edited by CP-EST
  • Like 3

Whatever happens i believe that Chris will never do a solo album. He's said before that he owes his life to Will, Guy and Jonny and couldn't do it without them, and he said to play that clip back to him if he ever does a solo album. I think they might do some songs for films, singles, collaborations (maybe some EP's) and deluxe editions after 2025. Maybe some anniversary tours for some albums as well?

• Love 1

I strongly agree with all of you saying that Chris won't do a solo album. I want to believe him when he says that the strength of the band is in its chemistry and in their deep respect for each other.

Sting and the other Police members were heading towards different directions and the singer was already releasing solo music before the band's break-up. So I don't see strong connections with that case, at present.

I believe that Coldplay will continue to tour and even that they will release other albums, maybe more experimental stuff or something collaborative.

Anyway, thanks to @rono3849 for starting a thread on the topic!