✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Post pictures of the gorgeous Chris

Nick4Chris

I was drinking my tea when I saw these pics and I choked... It literally almost killed me.

Btw. These are the first pictures of Chris in 2014, aren't they? ;) If this is some kind of preview of how this year will look like then I'm ready! :sneaky:

Not that I complain or anything, Chris looks fascinating. But sometimes I miss the younger version of him, the skinny one, with curls out of control, no earrings and mere idea of shaving his belly making him laugh out loud. I miss times, when he wore only plain white shirt and black trousers, and that was good enough for him. Somehow, he seemed more easy to relate to. Not a performer, who makes money out of every song, just a guy who shares his art.

I don't know why I'm saying that, perhaps no one here agrees with that.:\ But still, something to think about - how the clothes, jewelry and haircut can change perception of a person and a message he or she is giving.

I also loved, and still do, younger Chris and how he looked.

But, in my opinion, he has to physically change a bit and move ahead with the times and with his age. He can't really stay the same as he was 10 years ago. Imagine any of us looking the same as we did 10 or more years ago. Scary. :D I love the fact that he changes himself up a little bit - but it's not so much that he's a different person. I think he has tried to stay himself but make little improvements that come with success, such as visiting children's hospitals, keeping involved with charities and adding more all of the time, being accessible at the Bakery and Beehive and generally trying to make a difference in his life and those around him....while sill seemingly being the same likable and approachable guy.

But for me, I think he seems way more happy now and way more content. He smiles so easily now, and the band also seem very content and happy together. And he seems extremely accessible, and from all accounts, he's very personable and easy to communicate with. He says he still stays up at night writing songs and living through his music. He still seems to take it very personally and treats it very carefully and with a lot of love because it's his passion. And he still dresses very simply with pants and t-shirts, sometimes stained, and sneakers. And apparently he doesn't differentiate between an upscale party where he shows up in said t-shirts and sneakers or a trip to the grocery store where he wearing the same thing. :laugh3:

True, he did sport new earrings with MX, but they've never bothered me - merely studs. He's always worn a variety of bracelets and simple, down to earth necklaces. Now, if he starts to show up wearing thick gold chains... :shocked2: I'm not a fan of him shaving himself, but I'm sure there's a reason he does it, and I think Row has found proof that it's been going on for years.

So, yes, I can see that a haircut can really change how a person looks. In his case, we are so lucky that he looks great no matter how he cuts it. The shorter hair personally makes me drool like crazy. And I too love the younger version of him, but I also love the updated one as well, which is moving ahead with the times but still not that different to me. I think he will always be thin! Some people have all of the luck. :P But I still think his simplicity and innocence is still mixed in there. Hopefully he will continue to change a bit, like we all do, but still stay the same great guy we see him as. I think at this point, we don't have anything to worry about.

I, of course, don't know the guy (dammit), but this is just my view, and then some. Excuse the rambling.

:thumbsup:

I also loved, and still do, younger Chris and how he looked.

But, in my opinion, he has to physically change a bit and move ahead with the times and with his age. He can't really stay the same as he was 10 years ago. Imagine any of us looking the same as we did 10 or more years ago. Scary. :D I love the fact that he changes himself up a little bit - but it's not so much that he's a different person. I think he has tried to stay himself but make little improvements that come with success, such as visiting children's hospitals, keeping involved with charities and adding more all of the time, being accessible at the Bakery and Beehive and generally trying to make a difference in his life and those around him....while sill seemingly being the same likable and approachable guy.

But for me, I think he seems way more happy now and way more content. He smiles so easily now, and the band also seem very content and happy together. And he seems extremely accessible, and from all accounts, he's very personable and easy to communicate with. He says he still stays up at night writing songs and living through his music. He still seems to take it very personally and treats it very carefully and with a lot of love because it's his passion. And he still dresses very simply with pants and t-shirts, sometimes stained, and sneakers. And apparently he doesn't differentiate between an upscale party where he shows up in said t-shirts and sneakers or a trip to the grocery store where he wearing the same thing. :laugh3:

True, he did sport new earrings with MX, but they've never bothered me - merely studs. He's always worn a variety of bracelets and simple, down to earth necklaces. Now, if he starts to show up wearing thick gold chains... :shocked2: I'm not a fan of him shaving himself, but I'm sure there's a reason he does it, and I think Row has found proof that it's been going on for years.

So, yes, I can see that a haircut can really change how a person looks. In his case, we are so lucky that he looks great no matter how he cuts it. The shorter hair personally makes me drool like crazy. And I too love the younger version of him, but I also love the updated one as well, which is moving ahead with the times but still not that different to me. I think he will always be thin! Some people have all of the luck. :P But I still think his simplicity and innocence is still mixed in there. Hopefully he will continue to change a bit, like we all do, but still stay the same great guy we see him as. I think at this point, we don't have anything to worry about.

I, of course, don't know the guy (dammit), but this is just my view, and then some. Excuse the rambling.

:thumbsup:

Well said Sharon!!!

I see we have the same opinion ;)

I 100% totally agree with both Sharon and Mara. I couldn't have said it better. However, it's me, so I will.. :D

Yes, he has changed a bit, but he is still the same guy. Like the girls say, everyone changes a bit. Yes he is in better physical shape, but he always went running and did yoga. So now he does a bit of weights too? Nothing wrong with that. I don't want him to be MEGA muscly, but he isn't. Like Sharon says, he is naturally skinny and maybe he just wanted to fill out a bit.

I don't think he has changed that much at all. There are some photos that I look at from ten years ago and think.. he looks exactly like that now! If it wasn't for his earings, then despite all the years of practise (heh) I would find it very difficult to work out what era it was, and I know Sharon and Mara agree with me here.

As for the shaving, I am totally sure he has always, or at least since the Viva tour, done this. There are photos of him during that time that show his chest (lots of low cut tops in that time - sigh ;)) and it's not always as thickly carpeted :D :lol:

So yes he's changed, a little. But as Sharon says we all change. He can't still be the young, crazy boy he was. He has to grow up a little. But like Mara and Jonny say, he wears sneakers with a suit and tie. He wears torn, dirty tops..?!

He may have lots of celeb friends. But show me another MEGA Rock Star who is as humble as lovely and as giving of his time. He hasn't changed. He has moved with the times, he has grown up.

But he is STILL Chris.

:D

2uIeYNF.jpg

(thank you lafinion though for giving us the discussion!)

Having just regained consciousness I can only agree with the 'ladies' above, he hasnt really changed just grown up!

Chris seems so comfortable with himself and his life right now and its lovely to see,I do believe if there were difficulties in his personal life in the past it had a lot to do with his own insecurities. I dont know if anyone else agrees but I saw a turning point after the Howard Stern interview, who knows?

Anyway i have had a close look :shifty: and the pics where he is sitting seem to show a nice covering of thatch, perhaps its a trick of the light but I dont think he's shaved, dont care anyway he is, always has been and always will be our Gorgeous Chris, with his stained tops, mismatched clothes,quirky smile,warm heart and drop dead Gaw-jus-ness :loveshower:

I agree almost completely with what was said, just with a little side note that I believe that despite being more comfortable with himself, there is still a bit of that insecurity in him. It's a part of his nature, a part of his character that drives him forward and makes him try his best. (If I can judge from what we as fans know about him.)

And I hope it will remain like that because if he grew a big ego, that would be the real change. (But I really doubt it will ever happen.)

Having just regained consciousness I can only agree with the 'ladies' above, he hasnt really changed just grown up!

Chris seems so comfortable with himself and his life right now and its lovely to see,I do believe if there were difficulties in his personal life in the past it had a lot to do with his own insecurities. I dont know if anyone else agrees but I saw a turning point after the Howard Stern interview, who knows?

Anyway i have had a close look :shifty: and the pics where he is sitting seem to show a nice covering of thatch, perhaps its a trick of the light but I dont think he's shaved, dont care anyway he is, always has been and always will be our Gorgeous Chris, with his stained tops, mismatched clothes,quirky smile,warm heart and drop dead Gaw-jus-ness :loveshower:

True, we all grow up, when I was 20 I only had a few outfits and I didn't know how to do my hair and I didn't have a car to drive. Chris at around that young age was gawky and goofy and probably not as confident as he is now. It's not just stardom and marrying a movie star that changed him--he got more confidence that we can see on stage and in his interviews (the only way we know him save for a few lucky people at the Bakery.)

No one wants to stay the same as when they were 20.

I agree with most of what's been said by you ladies. his core principles in life and what he does appear to be unchanged (the keyword being appear :) ). for me, the only thing that doesn't align well for his present self is when you consider his wife. true it is only her public persona, but what one can learn about her core principles from what's out there does not seem to mesh well with what we think are his.

Perhaps, but from we know of her (from her interviews, etc) is that she has a strong sense of family, she adored her dad, she loves her kids, she likes to laugh and have fun. Whenever I see her she seems to have a fun sense of humor, and we know Chris does too. I know she's portrayed in the media as being obsessed with being skinny, and she allegedly has a sense of entitlement, but we don't know that for sure.

:D Glad you've regained conciousness Karen :laugh3: This won't help.. but I think it's time for some shameless comparison photos. :P

v3ClUQM.jpg

Wv3ae8x.jpg

:wink3: Maybe you're right.. maybe it's just the water making it look sparser?