✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kings of Leon

Kettercat

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one LOVING it?!! It's no news, I've already said this song was my favorite of the new ones they've played for a few months and I love the studio version. Those guitar and bass riffs... :bomb: SO GOOD!! This song is very catchy and live, seriously, it rocks! (judging from the live videos on youtube)

As for the music video, I love it too. For once, we haven't the boys just being there posing like top models :dozey: It's more about the song, their roots (you don't see them a lot if you pay attention and when you do, they're all acting naturally, fooling around with the kids <3) It's touching and more honest that their previous music videos IMO.

Anyway, I love it and I can't wait to hear the album :dance:

They started to announce tour dates in Europe...Nothing for France yet, but I know already they would probably played during the middle of the week, so no gig for me :/

don't get me wrong, this song is great! HOWEVER, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole choir thing. It's just not.... KOL. It's a strong single, great riffs and all, but it might be a tad repetitive. Sorry to be such a debbie downer haha but it's just the music critic in me coming out. However, the song is a good preview of the album, which should out-do OBTN.

I hate it when good songs get crappy vids, it just ruins the song for me, i just thought Radioactive was to hollywood, too polished, too cheesy, too pretty , i want me some low down dirty grit with my KOL not kite flying in the meadows with a choir of small children! and mind you i have kids and do love them but not with KOL

don't get me wrong, this song is great! HOWEVER, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole choir thing. It's just not.... KOL. It's a strong single, great riffs and all, but it might be a tad repetitive. Sorry to be such a debbie downer haha but it's just the music critic in me coming out. However, the song is a good preview of the album, which should out-do OBTN.

Debbie_Downer.PNG

WAAH Whaa whooooo

I hate it when good songs get crappy vids, it just ruins the song for me, i just thought Radioactive was to hollywood, too polished, too cheesy, too pretty , i want me some low down dirty grit with my KOL not kite flying in the meadows with a choir of small children! and mind you i have kids and do love them but not with KOL

But but but, Caleb looks soo cute with children! :wacky:

I wanna haz his babiezz :charming:

My favorite new song so far is The Immortals, but that may change with time.

I totally forgot about that one!! and yeah +1000 great song too! Gosh, can't october come sooner??!! :bomb:

Dunno if the tracklist has been posted? :thinking: (put in orange the ones we already know...they changed the name of 'southbound'...)

1.'The End'

2.'Radioactive'

3.'Pyro'

4.'Mary'

5.'The Face'

6.'The Immortals'

7.'Back Down South'

8.'Beach Side'

9.'No Money'

10.'Pony Up'

11.'Birthday'

12.'Mi Amigo'

13.'Pickup Truck'

Kings Of Leon Are Sort Of Jerks To Other Bands At Festivals

I always love those Inside Baseball kind of stories that surface about how one band treats another like shit. Which is why I loved that Win Butler-Wayne Coyne beef. The newest rock beef, though, is Groove Armada vs. Kings of Leon. Apparently at V Festival in England, Kings of Leon were total dicks to other bands, which included Florence & The Machine, Paul Weller, Kasabian, Stereophonics, and Groove Armada. The first part of the beef starts with the Port-a-Johns:

Over in the artist area there was already a queue for the washrooms. Having no shower gel with me, I made the most of the waiting time by decanting some of the toilet hand soap into an empty water bottle. But the waiting went on for a long while due to a faulty water supply. Every few minutes there were the cries of people stuck with shampoo in their eyes while the plumber pulled and pushed pipes round the back.

Then I noticed the empty shower block just the other side of some temporary fencing.

A couple of us found a gap in the barrier. Out of nowhere came a very large man. “Reserved for the Kings of Leon” he said, “and so is this half of the artist toilets”. It’s hard to believe that someone actually phoned their agent and said “listen I know that Paul Weller, Kasabian, Florence, Stereophonics, Groove Armada + co are all sharing the artist village and facilities, but we require that you put a fence down the middle of the toilets and showers and put a large man there to keep them just for us.” But somebody did.

But then the Kings hardly used the bathrooms, and tried to get most of the other performers kicked out because they flipped the Kings off:

The conversation between tom and the big man got more heated. Then 4 blacked out range rovers came round the corner. One for each King of Leon. As it became clear what all this presidential fuss was about, tom gave the worldwide one fingered sign of dislike as the cars went past. The last one stopped. The drummer got out making “come on then” type gestures. “Come on then” tom gestured back. Instead, the drummer went back behind his bodyguards, and, pointing towards Tom, Paul Weller, and the various other musicians who were pinned by the side of the road, said “I want them removed.”

“You will be removed” said the big man.

“No we won’t”

The promoter came over, smoothed it over and apologised. Bearing in mind this was all happening backstage in the area shared by all the bands, it’s hard to see what the Kings thought they were protecting themselves from. Was Paul Weller going to hound them for autographs? Was Florence going to wrestle them to the ground? Or maybe Stereophonics were going to ask them to write “your sex is on fire” on an album sleeve?

I red this sadly (actually, the original ITV is longer: http://www.holymoly.com/celebrity-news/amazing-story-kings-leon-being-complete-and-utter-arseholes48866/page-2.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

*tries to imagine my dear Flo wrestling Jared XDD*

Reading this didn't surprise me...sadly... :shame: I just hope their heads will deflate soon!