✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kings of Leon

Kettercat

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would've taken those boys and given them a good spanking... especially Caleb :bomb:

:anxious:

+1

Come on, I know (from experience :lol:) that being shit on by a pigeon is not the most agreable thing on earth, but the venue is an 'open-air' so I guess the people of the venue would have known of the 'pigeon issue' if it was actually one?!

Plus, how many bands have played in worth conditions than that!! Remember Coldplay under the storm at Abu Dhabi..?! Having your equipement ready to exploded is much more dangerous than pigeon shit...

It's a totally shit reason. They could've gone on.

THAT!

Now that I read that it was an OUTDOOR venue it's even more ridiculous.

I didn't really get the full story but as far as I understood it happened at the beginning of the concert, right?

If they are such tough guys, being proud of taking all kinds of drugs etc - why is it such a big deal?

They could have interrupted the concert for 10 mins, the guy gets a shower and goes back on stage. Rock'n'Roll.

Those 10 mins could have easily been filled with some banter or a song without bass... but wait, they don't talk at all during concerts. So no other way than to let it be completely.

What about "the show must go on"?

Did Coldplay cancel their gig after Chris frigging BURNT his arm at the beginning of the concert? No. That I would have understood.

Don't know why this is pissing me off so much.

Just had to let it out.

I feel sorry for all those guys who came to have a great concert experience and I agree, the ticket itself is the least expensive part of a concert most of the times.

Not everybody lives next to the venue!

This story is not making them any more fans, quite the contrary.

They could have interrupted the concert for 10 mins, the guy gets a shower and goes back on stage. Rock'n'Roll.

+1 and the opening acts have managed to endure it, so why can't they?!

Those 10 mins could have easily been filled with some banter or a song without bass... but wait, they don't talk at all during concerts. So no other way than to let it be completely.

Imagine that happening at a Snow Patrol gig....I bet Gary would have transformed that into some legendary comedy act of his own :laugh3:

What about "the show must go on"?

Did Coldplay cancel their gig after Chris frigging BURNT his arm at the beginning of the concert? No. That I would have understood.

+10000 that's just pigeon shit!!

I feel sorry for all those guys who came to have a great concert experience and I agree, the ticket itself is the least expensive part of a concert most of the times.

Not everybody lives next to the venue!

This story is not making them any more fans, quite the contrary.

Yep, that's what I think too...They had already started to alienate fans since a little while and this 'incident' is gonna make things worst... I love their music and feel for them but this kind of behavior, as much as I love them, is pissing me off. And Nathan just tweeted this thisn morning...

doctorfollowill

Rumor has it that there is gonna be a party in Chicago tonight. A little rocking, a little face melting and a lot of boozing. Bring it.

Seriously?! :facepalm: ...after what happened...An act like Coldplay would have play a free gig or sthg to make up for it but tweeting that feels a little insensitiv...

it wasn't just one bird u guys, it was a whole freaking flock. i do admit it was pretty soft (and strange), and that jared should just have taken a shower and went back on. big freaking deal right? but part of this IS the venue's fault. they know they have a pigeon problem. get some pest control, do everything you can to make everyone (including the bands) at the concert happy. don't get me wrong, i love KOL, and i think its unfair that people stop liking them because they "sold out". that's just a bogus argument. however, i do think that it was pretty bogus of KOL to cancel their show without nothing to say for it just because they got pooped on by some birds. all i can say is theyre human, and everyone makes mistakes. so hopefully they'll learn from a bizarre event like this... that's all. i saw them on the first show of this tour, and they said their philosophy is they want to have more fun on stage and not take themselves so seriously. well, apparently they still have a lot to learn about being a big band in this business.

^ Yeah, I do partially blame the venue. Originally, I didn't know that there was a problem in the overhangs above the stage. The venue should have controlled this.

That said, I think you have to look at the greater evil. To me, it was still KOL leaving the stage and canceling the show. After all, the opening two bands endured it. To just bail without explanation seems entirely inappropriate.

Fortunately for KOL, if the songs are there, they will be fine. Bands are notorious for acting irresponsible. In fact, it's almost implied when you mention the phrase "Rock Star." Nevertheless, I don't like it, and I'm sure the people of St. Louis will be none too welcoming the next time they come back. Plus, it puts more pressure for the songs to be there because they are not going to win fans based on their likeableness.

As long as the fans get a refund or rescheduled date, then I don't really see what the big deal is. Who the hell wants to play while being shitted on?

I understand this side, too (for obvious reasons). I wonder how bad it was? I've just never heard of such a thing. It would have needed to be bad to justify this type of behavior.

YouTube- Kings of Leon...Pooped on St. Louis - July 23, 2010[/url]

Come on, it's not like they were bombarded non stop by a hundred of angry birds! thx for the vid ^^

As long as the fans get a refund or rescheduled date, then I don't really see what the big deal is. Who the hell wants to play while being shitted on?

And what happen to 'show must go on'??? Especially for a band who wants to be 'tough'...How many bands have played in much more difficult and/or dangerous conditions and still put on their show?! Ok, pigeon poop is not the coolest thing but you can wipe it. I'm sure that a lot of others band in this situation would have endured it and even would have found material for some banters! :lol: (I'm sure our Chris would have turn this into something epic!)

As for the refund thing, it's the least they can do and I totally sympathise with the angry fans. I'm sure a lot of people have droven for hours to see them, even took a day off (I've done it a lot of time) and I can understand that cancellation for such LAME reason may have upset them. Plus, the way KOL handled it...Leaving stage WITHOUT a word of explanation to the crowd or excuse...seriously, it's disrespectfull for the people would have waited for them for hours...

I say this as a fan. I love them but this time, they just cross the line IMO.

can't wait, think it'll leak yet? haha though a lead single would be nice right about now

I don't think it will leak soon...maybe at the beginning of october? :thinking: But yeah, a single would be nice... I would love if it was 'radioactive' that is my favorite of the new songs heard...but I dunno why, I'm sensing they'll release 'southbound'... :thinking: :lol: