✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kings of Leon

Kettercat

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean just cos they make great music doesn't mean they have the right to act like such dicks to everyone. It makes me feel really ashamed of them. :shame:

+10000

What annoys me most is the gap between their diva behavioir backstage and their everyday life where they seem to be pretty cool and down to earth. Just check the new Radioactive making-off...HOW CUTE are they with thoses kids.... :bomb:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH5WvYZO8GI]YouTube - Kings Of Leon "Radioactive" - Behind The Scenes video[/ame]

So to sum up, I really wish they realise that they should act like that ALL the time...

just because there are videocameras around....

Don't think so.... If you're following Nathan on twitter he posted lods of pics and little vids of him (or bros) and Nacho's daughter Molly Belle. Thoses are private stuff. You can see how much he's fond of this little baby girl, it's adorable <3

And I'm not talking about him in the bunny outfit or the hawain dancer's one XD

Don't think so.... If you're following Nathan on twitter he posted lods of pics and little vids of him (or bros) and Nacho's daughter Molly Belle. Thoses are private stuff. You can see how much he's fond of this little baby girl, it's adorable <3

he's nice with the people close to him, but he's nothing but an asshole with the rest of the world just like the other kings of leon.

they are big heads, end of the story.

i'd like to see these fuckers in bankrupt one day

he's nice with the people close to him, but he's nothing but an asshole with the rest of the world just like the other kings of leon.

they are big heads, end of the story.

i'd like to see these fuckers in bankrupt one day

+1 I will re-quote myself (see a little earlier)

What annoys me most is the gap between their diva behavioir backstage and their everyday life where they seem to be pretty cool and down to earth.

so we're on the same page here but I still love their music.

:blush: I agree with this, the guys are really sweet when they're just amongst themselves and with family but ya ^ they act like little divas with err1 else.

oh relax, coldplay does the same thing, as do any band that plays the big venues nowadays.

Err, no they don't. :thinking: I saw Muse at Wembley Stadium last week and that was under £40 FFS!! So i don't really see how they can justify making people pay out that much to see them at arenas.

They may make good music but that doesn't give them the right to blatantly rip off their fans.

"Backstage again, we were outside the catering tent, about to cross the path back to the dressing rooms when loads of massive blokes in suits and shades came out of nowhere shouting “don’t move, don’t move, DO NOT move” whilst pushing people back to the sides of the track. Was it Obama?"

It seems that when Kings Of Leon finally appeared the whole situation boiled over. "Then 4 blacked out range rovers came round the corner. One for each King of Leon. As it became clear what all this presidential fuss was about, tom gave the worldwide one fingered sign of dislike as the cars went past. The last one stopped. The drummer got out making “come on then” type gestures. “Come on then” tom gestured back."

i don't know what to say..... u2 are down to earth compared to these dickheads

oh relax, coldplay does the same thing, as do any band that plays the big venues nowadays.

Is it bad remembering that I paid £25 to see them in Swindon around the time of the 3rd album?

£50 excluding any booking fees, so your looking at probably something like £115 for 2 tickets (£5 booking fee per ticket, £5 "postage" fee per order)

Kings Of Leon Are Sort Of Jerks To Other Bands At Festivals

I always love those Inside Baseball kind of stories that surface about how one band treats another like shit. Which is why I loved that Win Butler-Wayne Coyne beef. The newest rock beef, though, is Groove Armada vs. Kings of Leon. Apparently at V Festival in England, Kings of Leon were total dicks to other bands, which included Florence & The Machine, Paul Weller, Kasabian, Stereophonics, and Groove Armada. The first part of the beef starts with the Port-a-Johns:

Over in the artist area there was already a queue for the washrooms. Having no shower gel with me, I made the most of the waiting time by decanting some of the toilet hand soap into an empty water bottle. But the waiting went on for a long while due to a faulty water supply. Every few minutes there were the cries of people stuck with shampoo in their eyes while the plumber pulled and pushed pipes round the back.

Then I noticed the empty shower block just the other side of some temporary fencing.

A couple of us found a gap in the barrier. Out of nowhere came a very large man. “Reserved for the Kings of Leon” he said, “and so is this half of the artist toilets”. It’s hard to believe that someone actually phoned their agent and said “listen I know that Paul Weller, Kasabian, Florence, Stereophonics, Groove Armada + co are all sharing the artist village and facilities, but we require that you put a fence down the middle of the toilets and showers and put a large man there to keep them just for us.” But somebody did.

But then the Kings hardly used the bathrooms, and tried to get most of the other performers kicked out because they flipped the Kings off:

The conversation between tom and the big man got more heated. Then 4 blacked out range rovers came round the corner. One for each King of Leon. As it became clear what all this presidential fuss was about, tom gave the worldwide one fingered sign of dislike as the cars went past. The last one stopped. The drummer got out making “come on then” type gestures. “Come on then” tom gestured back. Instead, the drummer went back behind his bodyguards, and, pointing towards Tom, Paul Weller, and the various other musicians who were pinned by the side of the road, said “I want them removed.”

“You will be removed” said the big man.

“No we won’t”

The promoter came over, smoothed it over and apologised. Bearing in mind this was all happening backstage in the area shared by all the bands, it’s hard to see what the Kings thought they were protecting themselves from. Was Paul Weller going to hound them for autographs? Was Florence going to wrestle them to the ground? Or maybe Stereophonics were going to ask them to write “your sex is on fire” on an album sleeve?

Not even the Manics won't that bad with "Reserved for the use of the Manic Street Preachers" toilet at Glasto in 99 (I think) ;), they didn't have a beefy security guy guarding it. If they carry on that way:

1 - They won't get booked for festivals, if promoters think they will cause trouble

2 - The NME will love it

3 - The backlash will continue