🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The NEW 2024 Leaks Thread

Doomotron

2 hours ago, gacbrandao said:

I Ive gotta say. Even tho Im little afraid with We pray, if this song like..builds up..and have good guitar passages and nice basslines, and maybe..maybe some exploding drums at some point, this song could be very nice, even if its hip-hop rap centered, I think depending it can please old and new plays, like at least have some nice guitar passages. I kinda like the dark vibes from it

I agree with this. Is that Little Simz I hear? I don't listen to that kind of music really, but I do think this one could be really interesting (and I consider myself an oldplayer lol). I don't mind them exploring different genres if it's well put together and doesn't feel forced. I remember Kasabian collabed with Little Simz for a song on their 48:13 album a few years back and it's actually decent. I think I'd rather listen to some dark vibes hip-hop from them than more and more of the same overly poppy tunes (which are fine and fun to listen to from time to time but I think they already did too many of them).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, juanif94 said:

I agree with this. Is that Little Simz I hear? I don't listen to that kind of music really, but I do think this one could be really interesting (and I consider myself an oldplayer lol). I don't mind them exploring different genres if it's well put together and doesn't feel forced. I remember Kasabian collabed with Little Simz for a song on their 48:13 album a few years back and it's actually decent. I think I'd rather listen to some dark vibes hip-hop from them than more and more of the same overly poppy tunes (which are fine and fun to listen to from time to time but I think they already did too many of them).

Exactly. Little Simz is an arstist that feels like is doing New things in rap/hip-hop genre that one day I will dive in her discography like Kendrick. But is exactly like you said, viva sounded new and different for them at the time but it stills like their golden age, because it was well done and made sense with their sound. So if they've managed to find a way to the the same with this track, like a hip hop/rap track that feels like them and not forced Im all way in, I just want them not to force the genre more than their identity, that was the magic of viva era, you had rainy day that was so different from their stuff overall but it was so them at the same time. I feel like jupiter will be close to rainy day in that sense

44 minutes ago, gacbrandao said:

Exactly. Little Simz is an arstist that feels like is doing New things in rap/hip-hop genre that one day I will dive in her discography like Kendrick. But is exactly like you said, viva sounded new and different for them at the time but it stills like their golden age, because it was well done and made sense with their sound. So if they've managed to find a way to the the same with this track, like a hip hop/rap track that feels like them and not forced Im all way in, I just want them not to force the genre more than their identity, that was the magic of viva era, you had rainy day that was so different from their stuff overall but it was so them at the same time. I feel like jupiter will be close to rainy day in that sense

100%. They've created amazing songs when experimenting while maintaining their essence, and the whole VLV era is a great example of that.

From what I'm hearing by playing all the MM snippets side by side is that it'll have more variety and more character than MOTS. Or at least I hope so. It's still too early to tell, and I don't like getting my hopes up too much, but I feel like this album, while still having the expected pop elements, will be more mature. We'll see!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, juanif94 said:

100%. They've created amazing songs when experimenting while maintaining their essence, and the whole VLV era is a great example of that.

From what I'm hearing by playing all the MM snippets side by side is that it'll have more variety and more character than MOTS. Or at least I hope so. It's still too early to tell, and I don't like getting my hopes up too much, but I feel like this album, while still having the expected pop elements, will be more mature. We'll see!

Exactly.  Im trying not to enter on Phil hype train, even tho we have like some clues that confirms  probably (hopefully) on what he is been saying, but Im at least hoping an album more interesting overall than most of theirs pop albums, Im like thinking this album will be better than all pop albums including mylo, and I think even better than EL as Whole, not gonna think about yet if its better than the first 4 golden records, but maaaaybe is better than one or 2 of them..who knows.

3 hours ago, lennyrott1 said:

I love Little Simz, I think one of the best rappers in the game right now. I could see we pray being the song that surprises us the most for how good it is -- it sounds ambitious in the way Arabesque did. 

Yeah, Ive come to know her recently cos of that magazine saying she would be feature on a track called supernova, so I gave like a little Quick dive on her discography and I was like..damn she is really one of the best rappers Ive listened,  and I didnt even Start to dive into rap yet, but like..I have already some plans, some artists to listen to whole discography like Kendrick (Already listened to Pimp a butterfly and it blew my mind), Tyler the creator, JID... and the thing is, she sounded like more interesting than some other famous rappers, her sound is very interesting. We pray sounds at least ambitious, and that is very good, if they managed to put some Coldplay essence in there..than damn..we might have something like a viva 2.0

Edited by gacbrandao

On 6/14/2024 at 4:47 AM, gacbrandao said:

Im like thinking this album will be better than all pop albums including mylo, and I think even better than EL as Whole, not gonna think about yet if its better than the first 4 golden records, but maaaaybe is better than one or 2 of them..who knows.

It´s amazing being able to say that without listening to 10 seconds of the whole album😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m trying not to draw conclusions before the studio release but I’m quite concerned by that live performance. 

This felt so… empty until it picked up in the last minute and a half or so. I can see the comparison to Higher Power as the structure is quite similar and the verses do not seem interesting by any means.

Chris is not even trying lyrically but I’m not surprised anymore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sure, it would be nice with a little more guitar like anything but I enjoy Jonny's little part in the middle and how it's not that same bombastic and poppy Coldplay sound we've become accustomed to. I definitely prefer it to Higher Power if this is close to what the studio version sounds like. No big synths, no Adam Levine oooOOOoooOOOOooos. I like it. It's understated. It doesn't need to crescendo into anything mind-blowing. Just a good Coldplay tune. 

Edited by HowCouldIForget

26 minutes ago, HowCouldIForget said:

Sure, it would be nice with a little more guitar like anything but I enjoy Jonny's little part in the middle and how it's not that same bombastic and poppy Coldplay sound we've become accustomed to. I definitely prefer it to Higher Power if this is close to what the studio version sounds like. No big synths, no Adam Levine oooOOOoooOOOOooos. I like it. It's understated. It doesn't need to crescendo into anything mind-blowing. Just a good Coldplay tune. 

This, exactly this. People are kinda negative but I think as a single, it does sound very coldplay singleish, and its way better than a lot of singles since mylo for me at least. Yeah, its not bombastic or has like a lot of Bridge, but its not that generic pop

• Like 2

If you look at the other lead singles from the last 15 years, they’re all very good songs. But none of them are the best track off the album, nor do they really represent the albums they’re from quite frankly. They represent the poppier side of Coldplay, even from the less poppy albums. And with that in mind FLIFIL fits in really snugly. I’d even say it’s better than a lot of songs on this list. 

ETIAW

Magic

AOAL

Orphans

Higher Power

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Famous Old Painter said:

If you look at the other lead singles from the last 15 years, they’re all very good songs. But none of them are the best track off the album, nor do they really represent the albums they’re from quite frankly. They represent the poppier side of Coldplay, even from the less poppy albums. And with that in mind FLIFIL fits in really snugly. I’d even say it’s better than a lot of songs on this list. 

ETIAW

Magic

AOAL

Orphans

Higher Power

Exactly, thats the main point

7 hours ago, Kindnesss said:

I'm sorry guys, but we are allowed to be critical. And yes, the live debut is underwhelming, either the band nervous or the mixing. Hopefully the live song sound better next time. But for the studio version, I know I will like it better. So excited for MM 😍

I agree. It does sound a bit naff live, but it was an amateur recording and there are likely issues with the mixing as well. I noticed that parts of the studio snippet were barely audible in the live recording, although I am concerned about the lack of progression in the song. A similar case to the new leaked versions of The Race and Weirdo.

• Like 1