August 16, 20242 yr Author 2 hours ago, Benjod25 said: Death and all his Friends is 3:36 only half a minute longer than iAAMÂ It's worth noting that out of all the Coldplay songs the one I've seen I Am a Mountain compared to the most is Death and All His Friends. If IAAM is even half as good as DAAHF Coldplay will have a great song on their hands.
August 16, 20242 yr 1 hour ago, Doomotron said: It's worth noting that out of all the Coldplay songs the one I've seen I Am a Mountain compared to the most is Death and All His Friends. If IAAM is even half as good as DAAHF Coldplay will have a great song on their hands. Strongly agree, we´ll see.
August 16, 20242 yr I worry that fans (more on Reddit than here) are projecting their fantasies onto iAAM, and are hyping it to a level that the real song won’t reach.Â
August 16, 20242 yr On 8/11/2024 at 8:19 PM, m4racide said: Vinyl side A Moon Music feelslikeimfallinginlove We Pray Jupiter (presumably) Good Feelings 🌈(The Orchestra of Rainbows) (Neon Forest, m.u.s.i.c., and Angel Song) Vinyl side B Aeterna / feelslikeimfallinginlove pt. ii (featuring the Glastonbury Violet Hill choir, whatever their name was) (presumably) i AM A MOUNTAiN (presumably) All My Love One World i missed the tracklist spot on TWO songs... damn
August 16, 20242 yr I don't know what Moon Music/Man on the Moon would sound like -- I mean heck it could be a big string instrumental or Jon Hopkins piece or something. I just have a feeling as an intro track it probably wouldn't be some big pop single and the only a to that would be some sort of alternative sounding song. Agreed it's a bad idea to get too hyped about iAAM like it's Viva again. To give Coldplay credit, they've never really repeated themselves album to album so I expect a different vibe. However, to be my own devil's advocate, MOTS was their most "vibeless" album so maybe Moon Music won't care about repeating past sounds as much.
August 16, 20242 yr Author 1 hour ago, Famous Old Painter said: I worry that fans (more on Reddit than here) are projecting their fantasies onto iAAM, and are hyping it to a level that the real song won’t reach. We know what the instrumental will be like, but it all comes down to the lyrics. The lyrics of Death and All His Friends are great but I think I'd still like the song if they were different. The lyric 'I am a mountain' sounds a bit cheesy but in context it will probably (hopefully) make sense. Many Coldplay songs have individual cheesy lyrics so I'm not too worried about that though.
August 16, 20242 yr I know a couple have said they hope One World has a hidden track but I’d love it to be genuinely 7 minutes long. Maybe a solo and an excessive amount of violins for good measure. We’ve heard it live but I hope they’ve added layers to it and made it more complex.Â
August 16, 20242 yr I agree, actually. I'd prefer one 7 minute song to a hidden track. Coloratura proved they can do long songs well and I want more. On that, and I'm sure I've said it before, I hope Rainbow is one long song in three parts as opposed to three separate songs with silence in between. We could call it 43! Edited August 16, 20242 yr by Famous Old Painter
August 16, 20242 yr 2 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said: I worry that fans (more on Reddit than here) are projecting their fantasies onto iAAM, and are hyping it to a level that the real song won’t reach. Well we basically heard the instrumental on the soundcheck the album version isn't much different albeit with Mylo style production according to Moon LoungersÂ
August 16, 20242 yr I don't wanna sound negative but what we heard from One World is pretty basic and kinda boring tbh so i would like if there's a hidden track in the end, a wave or something. Coloratura was a fully fleshed out song with lyrics this just has 3 words and 2 chordsÂ
August 16, 20242 yr 10 minutes ago, Benjod25 said: Well we basically heard the instrumental on the soundcheck the album version isn't much different albeit with Mylo style production according to Moon Loungers In Athens people were crying to feelslikeimfallinginlove, calling it a song with a classic Oldplay feel and insisting it would be a huge hit. In the end it got middling reviews and hardly took the world over commercially. It's absolutely wonderful the Moon Loungers got that experience, and I'm super grateful they shared all that information with us. But if you're invited by your favourite band to listen to some songs before anyone else in the world gets to; you're going to have a very different listening experience to someone on the other side of the planet using their laptop much later. It's really promising that the Loungers love iAAM so much, but I'm not assuming anything here. Edited August 16, 20242 yr by Famous Old Painter
August 16, 20242 yr 10 minutes ago, Galal said: I don't wanna sound negative but what we heard from One World is pretty basic and kinda boring tbh so i would like if there's a hidden track in the end, a wave or something. Coloratura was a fully fleshed out song with lyrics this just has 3 words and 2 chords The fact it's 7 minutes long as opposed to 4 tells me if it is a long song, they've reworked it in some way. There was someone claiming to be an insider who was most likely bullshitting, but they said it ended with a crescendo similar to the live version of Biutyful. So it's possible this song goes in directions we haven't anticipated yet.Â
August 16, 20242 yr 1 hour ago, Doomotron said: We know what the instrumental will be like, but it all comes down to the lyrics. The lyrics of Death and All His Friends are great but I think I'd still like the song if they were different. The lyric 'I am a mountain' sounds a bit cheesy but in context it will probably (hopefully) make sense. Many Coldplay songs have individual cheesy lyrics so I'm not too worried about that though. feeling i could summon up lightning let it rain, let it rain, let it rain, back on my feet again, 'cause i am a mountain
August 16, 20242 yr 2 minutes ago, Famous Old Painter said: The fact it's 7 minutes long as opposed to 4 tells me if it is a long song, they've reworked it in some way. There was someone claiming to be an insider who was most likely bullshitting, but they said it ended with a crescendo similar to the live version of Biutyful. So it's possible this song goes in directions we haven't anticipated yet. Maybe when they played OW live they did the same song fragment on and on, so they could capture people singing. I hope so, because that live version was a little bit boring imo.
August 16, 20242 yr 8 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said: I wonder if Moon Music is the legendary Man in the Moon. I assume there’s still a Moon Music intro, but they actually incorporated it into the main body of the song for once. Rainbow isn’t as long as I was hoping but I’ll happily take it. iAAM being so short is a surprise. Maybe the soundcheck was close to the full song after all? Aeterna is also surprisingly short given there’s a hidden track at the end of it. One World being so long makes me think maybe A Wave is a hidden track after all, that would be cool.   Well, the fantastic Chinese Sleep Chant is 3:02, so I Am A Mountain is even one second longer!
August 17, 20242 yr Just wanted to rescue a few of my old posts, maybe these will give you some leads to some tracks like Rainbow and Jupiter, maybe some other ones: No one talking about the colour thing... uhm, strange. Don't know if finally the songs or parts of the song in there will be Neon Forest, MUSiC and Angel's Song, but in any case could be "colours" too: the colours of neon lights, the spectrum of colours in music and the colours that represents the 7 archangels. And obviously the 7 colours of the rainbow. "Ultraviolet: Ultraviolet radiation from auroras (within the optical window but not visible to virtually all[clarification needed]humans) has been observed with the requisite equipment. Ultraviolet auroras have also been seen on Mars,[24] Jupiter and Saturn." "There is a color differential with altitude; at high altitudes oxygen red dominates, then oxygen green and nitrogen blue/purple/red, then finally nitrogen blue/purple/red when collisions prevent oxygen from emitting anything. Green is the most common color. Then comes pink, a mixture of light green and red, followed by pure red, then yellow (a mixture of red and green), and finally, pure blue". "Both Jupiter and Saturn have magnetic fields that are stronger than Earth's (Jupiter's equatorial field strength is 4.3 Gauss, compared to 0.3 Gauss for Earth), and both have extensive radiation belts. Auroras have been observed on both gas planets, most clearly using the Hubble Space Telescope, and the Cassini and Galileo spacecraft, as well as on Uranus and Neptune". That with the line of Coloratura line "the purple, yellow, green, red, orange and the blue", has to have some connection with the 🌈 (considering that these colours are also the rainbow colours).
August 17, 20242 yr I was thinking that what I don't like of the album is that the songs don't really have a moon or spacey theme, apart of MOON MUSiC and Jupiter. Maybe also One World and the possible Angel's Song?
August 17, 20242 yr Just one silly random thought that came to my mind: I have never seen Game Of Thrones, but I saw that Good Feelings features a singer called Ayra Starr, and I just thought: what the hell does Chris singing with the character from Game Of Thrones Arya Stark? The name is so similar you just have to change one letter of position and substitute one letter for other letter.
August 17, 20242 yr 14 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said: I wonder if Moon Music is the legendary Man in the Moon. I assume there’s still a Moon Music intro, but they actually incorporated it into the main body of the song for once. Rainbow isn’t as long as I was hoping but I’ll happily take it. iAAM being so short is a surprise. Maybe the soundcheck was close to the full song after all? Aeterna is also surprisingly short given there’s a hidden track at the end of it. One World being so long makes me think maybe A Wave is a hidden track after all, that would be cool.   aeterna has a hidden track?
August 17, 20242 yr 9 minutes ago, Divutian said: aeterna has a hidden track? yeah its feelslikeimfallinginlove 2 which is like an chant version of the chorus that is in some african language.
August 17, 20242 yr Glad we have the tracklist now. And it makes me optimistic. It will be a really cool album i guess with mostly good tracks. We Pray sounds nice And i like FlIFIL more and more somehow, not the lalala's at the end though. So cool we are getting an album thats at least much better then the last one i think. Edited August 17, 20242 yr by Mr.Green
August 17, 20242 yr I'm glad we have so much content with this album. Music of the spheres felt more like and EP.
August 17, 20242 yr Moon Music title track being an actual song is a good thing! Would be cool if the Band drop an Overtura like video! Â
August 17, 20242 yr Author 20 hours ago, m4racide said: feeling i could summon up lightning let it rain, let it rain, let it rain, back on my feet again, 'cause i am a mountain Pretty meh lyrics if real.
Create an account or sign in to comment