✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

The very first time I heard anything about this band was at a Travis gig I went to last Halloween. (Keane were the opening act) I didn’t put much thought into the opening act being any good (probably because I was only pretty much interested in seeing Travis at the time) but the second Tom Chaplin (the vocalist of Keane) started to sing, the crowd just stopped what they were doing, and directed all of their attention and energy to the stage. I soon realized that I was experiencing something very special when my friend and I looked at each other with our jaws to the ground. Keane’s music is strikingly expressive, and leaves you with a soothing notion that everything will be alright :)

If anyone happens to be interested in checking out this band, you can do so at http://www.keanemusic.com

Cheers! ;) :)

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a thread a very long time ago on Keane, I went to see Travis last halloween and Keane opened for them, they are absolutely BRILLIANT live, just..completely breath taking, "Bedshaped" was performed so beautifuly as was all the songs they played..just completely wonderful

I read an article about them in this month's Q and Keane went to uni with Coldplay and the pianist was on the same course as Chris. They asked him about being Coldplay's (or Starfish, as they were) keyboardist and he seriously considered it, but was already in Keane. He said they're still friends! :)

I read an article about them in this month's Q and Keane went to uni with Coldplay and the pianist was on the same course as Chris. They asked him about being Coldplay's (or Starfish' date=' as they were) keyboardist and he seriously considered it, but was already in Keane. He said they're still friends! :)[/quote']

I read that too.....

I'm glad he didn't join them though because we wouldn't have got two bands from their greatness :lol:

I thought the title was sarcastic.

Keane suck so bad.

Somewhere only we Know was just another song, but at least it was better than Everybody's Changing. Which has to have one of the worst video's I have ever seen, talk about cheeeeeese.

Im not surprised they were near Coldplay, they (Somehow) manage to sound like a bad version of the awful brit band.

Apparantly people in the UK don't feel the same. In fact I was listening to

Virgins UK Radio and KEANE is the most requested band surpassing Coldplay. Now in the US, concerts are sold out.

But then your the guy that likes the "Milkshake" song. Go figure.

I thought the title was sarcastic.

Keane suck so bad.

Somewhere only we Know was just another song, but at least it was better than Everybody's Changing. Which has to have one of the worst video's I have ever seen, talk about cheeeeeese.

Im not surprised they were near Coldplay, they (Somehow) manage to sound like a bad version of the awful brit band.

Keane's Hopes and Fears is a exellent first album , i agree with other fans of the band there up there with the likes of coldplay , travis , snow patrol ...... the album is a must have for your collection . top stuff

HTTT :sneaky: