✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

I have no idea what that tangent about hip hop was supposed to mean, but there's the obvious statement of the day at the end. Of course it all comes down to opinion, that's pretty much the second part of what I was suggesting by saying that chart success means nothing (the first being that artists can sell millions of albums and still be widely disliked). If every other person in the world owned the Keane album and loved it, that wouldn't change my opinion that Keane are boring and derivative. And the people who do own and love it probably couldn't care less if they're beating Morrissey in the charts or not. :D

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody is trying to change your opinion, you can like (example) Spice Girls if you wish..what I'm saying is that you are part of the minority who dislikes them..no big deal.

The Morrissey thing was for you and not for people who liked Keane in the first place. I dont think you understood the point I was trying to make. Actually, Morrissey himself said Keane is the band to watch for..thought that was pretty cool.

Anyway, The chart success in my opinion means "something" but definately not "everything". Charts can only measure so much. Obviously we disagree on that point, again..no big deal.

It's all opinion, and this conversation is making me want to listen to Keane again.

Cheers and good times :cool:

I have no idea what that tangent about hip hop was supposed to mean' date=' but there's the obvious statement of the day at the end. Of course it all comes down to opinion, that's pretty much the second part of what I was suggesting by saying that chart success means nothing (the first being that artists can sell millions of albums and still be widely disliked). If every other person in the world owned the Keane album and loved it, that wouldn't change my opinion that Keane are boring and derivative. And the people who do own and love it probably couldn't care less if they're beating Morrissey in the charts or not. :D[/quote']

Two words:

"Spice Girls"

(chart success means nothing )

i have to agree with you there tom. the singles chart at least is the home to the most crap i have ever heard in my life. obviously there's the odd good band in there, but i think the album charts serve as a real measure as to what music is worth listening to at the mo. maybe tis different over in the States, i'm just speaking from a brits point of view :P

Like I said before, it's not the final factor. The point I was making that everybody is missing is that Keane topped out Morrissey in the UK.

Think maybe Im talking to brainless zombies.

chomp. ;)

Two words:

"Spice Girls"

(chart success means nothing )

i have to agree with you there tom. the singles chart at least is the home to the most crap i have ever heard in my life. obviously there's the odd good band in there, but i think the album charts serve as a real measure as to what music is worth listening to at the mo. maybe tis different over in the States, i'm just speaking from a brits point of view :P

Giselaaaaaaaaa!! Holaaaaaaa!! Cuanto tiempo sin verte por aqui! :D

Hola chica! si hace como un mes!!! como va todo por aqui?

Parece que bien, aunque supongo que mucha gente esta de vacaciones... Qué tal todo por Chicago?

Todo esta bien pro aqui en Chicago. Cuando es el concierto?

El concierto es el domingo 22!! Six days, siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiix daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays! :D

Have fun chica!!! Oh it's soon!!!! :)

lol' date=' Am I the only one who thinks that the singer of that band is fat and their music is... so regular...??[/quote']

The weight of the singer has nothing to do with the music they make. There's no law that says "you must be slim and good looking to be in a band." :rolleyes: :P

:o nooo... is that gonna be the new single?

i was out last nite in a club where they usually only play dancey stuff, but they played KEANE Everybody's Changing :stunned: :D :D :D

also snow patrol, razorlight and scissor sisters - appropriate as i danced with my friend Laura :rolleyes: :lol:

I was definitely a happy camper :cool: