✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

^ fair enough ;)

Sales of Keane's Hopes and Fears destroyed Parachutes, seems like Keane is UK's band at the moment.

Good times.

Otherway round for me I'm afraid, although I do love Keane the album sags in the middle in a way 'Parachutes' does not.

There's a clutch of limpish songs after 'Everybody's Changing' until 'Bedshaped'. And although they're good songs they're B-side material IMO.

'Somewhere Only We Know', 'This is the Last Time', 'Bend and Break', 'We Might as well be Strangers', 'Everybody's Changing' and 'Bedshaped' are fantastic songs though!

But overall I think 'Parachutes' is a better debut.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Keane... the new Coldplay???

Yup, I agree with you too. Coldplay is definately a great band but alot of it has been heard before with Radiohead. Radiohead has beautiful songs that can be directly compared to Coldplay (once again, not a bad thing). But Keane has it's own place that has its own sound. Keane's debut album is a roller coaster of emotion while Parachutes is more flat-lined.

Keane is pure magic and can't wait until I see them again Live, nor the next album.

Again, Keane is not the next Coldplay....Keane is Keane and better in alot of respects. ;) But that's just me.

Hi guys!!

Well, did you hear Keane??? In every place said that is the new Coldplay... and it's better!!! But I don't know!!!

I really like it, Keane is magic and makes me cry!!

What do you think?? is the new Coldplay or not???

Kisses!!!! :D

In response of Keane being the new Coldplay:

Yup, I agree with you too. Coldplay is definately a great band but alot of it has been heard before with Radiohead. Radiohead has beautiful songs that can be directly compared to Coldplay (once again, not a bad thing). But Keane has it's own place that has its own sound. Keane's debut album is a roller coaster of emotion while Parachutes is more flat-lined.

Keane is pure magic and can't wait until I see them again Live, nor the next album.

Again, Keane is not the next Coldplay....Keane is Keane and better in alot of respects. ;) But that's just me.

I'm not sure if they're better or not than Coldplay. But I think 'Parachutes' is a bit better than 'Hopes and fears', but just a bit.

I love Keane so much and I can't wait also to see them, yeeeaaaah!! :D

Sales of Hopes and Fears hasn't destroyed Parachutes. It went to number one sure....but is no-where near the 7 million mark of Parachutes (yes I know Parachutes has been out longer...but still)

Anyway I'm not dissing Keane (cos I love them) or saying that their inferior to Coldplay, just that I prefer Parachutes as a debut. :idea2:

I read an article about Keane and I was curious to hear them. I´m still downloading some songs, but "Somewhere Only We Know" is so sweet!

I´ve seen the cd on a store and I guess I´m going to buy it soon.

:)

Keane is really good.

But I won´t compare them with Coldplay.

Coldplay is Coldplay.

Keane is Keane.

Coldplay is my favourite band. But I love so many other bands that I can´t even count, and I can see that Keane will be on my favourite list ;) It makes me fly.

Very cool. But I expect nothing but Coldplay backers, this is a Coldplay forum ;)

Your right, Parachutes has been out way longer. Lets do the math again later.

Sales of Hopes and Fears hasn't destroyed Parachutes. It went to number one sure....but is no-where near the 7 million mark of Parachutes (yes I know Parachutes has been out longer...but still)

Anyway I'm not dissing Keane (cos I love them) or saying that their inferior to Coldplay, just that I prefer Parachutes as a debut. :idea2:

Re: Keane... the new Coldplay???

Hi guys!!

Well, did you hear Keane??? In every place said that is the new Coldplay... and it's better!!! But I don't know!!!

I really like it, Keane is magic and makes me cry!!

What do you think?? is the new Coldplay or not???

Kisses!!!! :D

Hey...stupid question but is your real name Gwynith? I've never seen it spelt with an I before. :thinking:

Ajajaja noooo, my name is Catalina, Gwynith is a nickname.... :lol:

Not sure why you are sorry, everybody has an opinion.

good times.

I'm not saying this in defence of Coldplay though.

There are plenty of debut albums that are better than 'Parachutes' I just don't think 'Hopes and Fears' is one of them. Sorry.

Guest LiquidSky

I like "This is the last time"...I just can't stop singing it...even when I'm sleeping....I'm like "This is the last time...that I will say these words...I remember the first time...the first of many lies.... sweep it into the corner.. or hide it under the bed.. say these things they go away.. but they never do..." and then Josie comes along and says "They never do...no they never do, do they?" and then I say "I pretend they do, but they never do..Something I wasn't sure of" lalala and then when the song finish, I start all over again in my asleep :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :embarrased:

Keane is definitely not a better band.

Keane is a band?? i don't know them

You should listen something from us. I recommend you 'Somewhere only we know', 'Bend and break' or 'This is the last time'...

*tries to get another Keane fan* :sneaky: