✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Keane last night on the first date of the UK tour in Hull. Tom looks and sounds fit and well adn the band were awesome! A few surprises in the set too - the live debut of Broken Toy, plus The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore, and most unbelievably a version of Your Eyes Open featuring Tom on acoustic guitar!! Glad to see they're back in action with a vengeance.

Tim

I saw Keane last night on the first date of the UK tour in Hull. Tom looks and sounds fit and well adn the band were awesome! A few surprises in the set too - the live debut of Broken Toy, plus The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore, and most unbelievably a version of Your Eyes Open featuring Tom on acoustic guitar!! Glad to see they're back in action with a vengeance.

Tim

Tom plays acoustic guitar? :stunned:

But that's besides the point, Im glad he is up and going now!:thumbsup:

Keane to release new single on USB

(Friday October 20, 2006 11:53 AM)

Keane certainly seem to be taking advantage of the technology age - they're releasing their new single in a brand new format.

The band will sell a limited edition of Nothing In My Way, the third single from Under The Iron Sea, on a USB memory stick.

Just 1,500 will be produced and they will only be available in HMV stores in the UK.

Jon Turner, general manager of Island Records, said the band wanted to offer their fans "something unique".

"HMV has always helped to pioneer the development of new formats, so we are delighted to support this ground-breaking initiative from Keane and Island Records by being the first retailer to stock such a release," added Gary Rolfe, HMV Head of Music.

Nothing In My Way is set to be released on USB on October 30

http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/20102006/344/keane-release-new-single-usb.html&e=l_news_dm

Yanno, I'm not totally sure because I'm not a complete computer savvy person. But from what I know, I think it's like a little stick that you put into one of the drives in your computer (like... you plug it in? LMFAO see I know nothing) and it's kind of like a memory stick, I think, and the information on it will pop up on your screen and you can put it into your itunes or something. Don't quote me on it though!

Seems kind of random to me, to be honest. But I give them kudos for trying out all these new fangled money making things. The live CDs, the USB single, very interesting.

It's like a harddrive. On a disk. Also called a flash drive.

Looks like this

It plugs into your USB drive in your computer and retains memory, much like an external drive or a CD, even. It's basically just another way to store data. They're cheaper than external drives and come in all sizes, and are really handy. I have one JUST for Coldplay pictures. I've almost filled it up! ;D

usb format to release their music....i give them credit for being innovative but that is just weird. the only thing that makes it appealing is its rarity but besides that, i'm not sold on the idea.

my friend got me into keane a while ago so i've been trying to get him into coldplay and it's been ridiculously hard. i've explained to him that because he likes keane, he would love coldplay. he didn't even know who chris martin was....he said this, and i kid you not:

who is that in your display pic, looks like that paltrow woman and some guy

yeah that's gwyneth and chris martin looking awwwww as husband and wife

who's chris martin?

from coldplay, the lead singer

oh, is he steve martin's son?

i couldn't believe i was having this conversation :blank: