✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Who's The Next Coldplay

Guest ultimate1guy

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whatever it is, get the pop corn out, i'm watching!

:kiss: hey mandy what about ur dirrty vid with fran :wink3: :cool:

:sneaky: ...i was such a stud in my Frannie video

:cool:

Mandy, u know i love to see you in 'action' like in that vid with..... :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...
Hot damn, Riff seems to have convienantly forgotten a lot of information Ive already written down, so I'll have to go through it all again. Oh well...

Ignorant? funny that you mention that' date=' just let me get it straight, you hate coldplay because of the lyrics now?oh, i see , the ' omg chris is a thom yorke wannabe' didnt work the way u wanted eh? too bad.[/quote']

Did I go back on my word? Did I say Chris isnt a Thom wannabe? No, I didnt. I still stand by that, you just asked for me to focus on the music and I did, surprised? I think you were.

Now, let me repeat what happened there: *I* made fun of the image, YOU told me to talk of the music, *I* made fun of the music, YOU bring back the image. "GO RIFF"

So the lyrics are bland and weak from your point of view' date=' that's ok but saying that they're trying to be just like radiohead even in the way they write their lyrics is absurd. You might say they were just trying to look cool and stuff but didnt radiohead do the same? ( dont tell me u forgot about pablo honey)They're still growing as a band but that doesnt mean they are crap right now, they're so much better than some strupid lame bands mtv airs all the freakin day.[/quote']

Now what are you talking about? Your argument just fluctuates from the point to complete randomness. I didnt mention any lame band MTV airs, comparing Crap to crusty ole diarhoea crap, still doesnt mean it changes from being Crap.

Ok ' date=' how can u compare coldplay lyrics with radiohead lyrics? were u there writing down their songs so u can tell?oh my bad, u probably were there , yeah u actually heard chris saying ' ok, i need to buy a new car so im gonna have to write this song really fast..hmmm life is for living we all know ..and i dont want to live it alone( yes, i want to live it with my new car)' ogm bananaman ur a genious! thx u for telling us what evil chris was really thinking when he wrote that song! THX!!![/quote']

I never said Chris directly thinks of money when writing lyrics but its obvious he writes them to gain universal approval. He never writes anything daring, and Im not one of those hoes who think that every song someone writes has to mean something shocking, Im simply saying that Chris' songwriting pre-dates anything, its dusty. If you listen to Bob Dylan or Neil Young, even Damien Rice's latest, these people all have a different way of writing the same feeling, love. Chris Martin's way of writing about love is really repetitive after you even begin to understand his style. The guy must obviously feel love, he must, I understand that, but I cant help but feel when I listen to a Coldplay love song that he doesnt have any clue about it, like a 10 year old who THINKS hes in love. I know its not the case, hes a grown man, but its the feeling I get from listening to his songs. Its like he cant get his expressions down on paper properly, without sounding like he was missing his heart when he wrote them.

About the lack of emotion' date=' how would u know? if u asked thom yorke what he was thinking when he wrote no surprises , he would say something u probably werent expecting at all, it has so many meanings , its up to the person who listens to that song to find something u can actually relate of. [/quote']

Well, I would only expect that with Thom Yorke, he's (For the most part) a complex fellow (When he's not being typical, ie 'Spinning Plates'). As for Mr. Martin, any time I have heard him explain anything, from an album title to 'Trouble', his explanation is exactly what I expected, no interpretation required. Quote Maaaawtin: "'A Rush of Blood to the Head' is about the sudden feeling you get when you dont think straight and act purely out of feelings" WOAH, I never would've guessed. Chris Martin has the illusion to some of writing lyrics and titles that may appear to have a feeling behind them, but obviously dont.

He even admitted that once, about Parachutes. Because its a debut album I dont judge it THAT harshly (But it wasnt really a debut was it? It was an album which picked up from where Radiohead left off after 7 years) Chris was talking about what inspired him to write lyrics about the 2nd album, he said something like this: "My uncle was a big inspiration, he said to me "What you need to do is stop writing songs like Yellow and write real songs" I said "But everyone loved Yellow, and Trouble-" and he said "But it didnt MEAN anything, did it?" And I realised he was right, now Im writing songs that mean something to me." I actually heard this before AROBTTH was released, so I was like 'Hey maybe he'll start writing good songs!' much to my disapointment when nothings changed.

A whole different thing is the way they performe their songs' date=' thom yorke has a unique way, u can feel his heart is in every single song .On the other hand, u can feel the energy of chris, guy ,will and johny whenever they play, they always try to do their best and its a fact that they sound way better live . But no matter what i say ,you will always put them down , am i right?[/quote']

It has nothing to do with what you say (And this shabbily put together reply you posted) Coldplay sound GREAT live, I've said it before. Not many bands can sound as clear on tricky songs like In My Place and Clocks wheres it hard to get the key and tone perfect. But Sum 41 are also a wicked live band (NOWADAYS, they used to be awful), they still suck though.

Coldplay are not brilliant musicians but they do manage to play very well when put together, I feel a lot of energy from them sure, but emotion is a very different thing in comparison with being excited to be playing a gig.

Man, u actually made me laught, so u are dissing coldplay coz u dont like the titles of the songs? give me a break! u cant judge a band for such a stupid reason. According to you, they're just trying to be a slick band eh? oh you're so right, clock is such a slick word, im gonna call all my friends and tell 'em they're so clock! That would be the 'clockest' ever! DUH!

So tell me , what do u think of titles like :thinking about you,anyone can play guitar, stop whispering and i cant? arent those titles slick enough?

Now you're just being plain ridiculous, did I say that the NUMBER ONE GREATEST REASON TO HATE COLDPLAY is their song titles? I simply pointed out yet another method of how Coldplay are so manufactured. The fact that they're song titles are trying to fool us into thinking they're cooler than they are, is just another symbol of what kinda band they are. You focus on small parts of my post to make me look foolish, and convienantly over-look the real points behind them.

What the hell does 'The Scientist' have to do with the song? We will never know in this life, but I would bet a high sum of money that Chris honestly had no clue. 'The Scientist' is just a wannabe slick name for a title. Dont be an asshole, if you cant understand what I said about 'Clocks' then you're retarded.

I dont mean that 'Clocks' is a cool word to say to your friends, but for a song title it leaves an effect of trying to gain attention and interest. Its a title thats trying to look interesting, it makes Coldplay look like they have everything together and it makes people go "Ooooh whats this..." Song titles are important because they leave a huge effect on people without people even knowing about it. No-one discusses song titles much, but its like a movie title or TV show title, its vitally important in attracting the target market. And Chris names their songs not after what he's feeling, but what he thinks will attract this market.

Grow up kid' date=' your hate for coldplay is based on nothing and dont get me wrong i dont hate radiohead, in fact they're one of my fav bands ever so stop using lame excuses to try to compare them. it makes u look really bad (not saying STUPID), seriously.[/quote']

Yeah, just look past my comparisons with the songs I listed above. Look past a whole lot of examples I wrote and focus on the minor part of my arguments, you may feel comfortable because you're surrounded by Coldplay fans while you defend Coldplay, but you're pretty stupid looking to me.

This is shocking' date=' you can play instruments too eh? good for you, then u must understand what im talking about when i say music is a feeling .Besure ppl will not understand what your trying to express with a song, i know all about it but its all good as long as u keep doing what u really like.[/quote']

Y'see, if I was to write an album (Which Im kinda doing) my songs would at least try and express feelings others may not understand, but thats not the same situation with Coldplay. The lyrics in those songs are like looking at a brick wall, theres nothing to GET. Its right there, there isnt a whole lot to mis-interpret.

I agree' date=' music is really a joy but dont tell me all that bullshit of manufacturated music, i dont really think so.. its all about music u know? I hope im not the only one who thinks this way coz it'd be a shame, i prefer x100 coldplay than any other shitty pop band.[/quote']

Yeeeerrr a, smart guy. Just read that sentence again, its the brains that make it great. Pat on the back for you.

Once again i ask you, what the hell are u doing on a coldplay messageboard if u hate them so much? maybe u got the wrong idea in my last post i wasnt like " fuck you for having an opinion" i was more like " fuck you for thinking u can tell other ppl what can listen or not"

I dont mind your 'humble' opinion but i think this is not the right place to bash coldplay u know. Why dont u go to http://www.ilovetodissbandscoziwanttogetattention.com eh?

JUST FUCKING QUOTE ME on when I told people what they can or cannot like. If you were smart, you would see I've written (In my last post, which your post is supposed to be a direct reply to) that its GREAT if people like Coldplay, but once again you have your selective screening process when it comes to me.

And I went to that website and it doesnt exist, damnit.

But seriously, I do diss bands for attention, I dont call it attention though, I call it a debate. If you were better at this it would be funner, I like to challenge people and their opinions and I want their debate to really rival mine and EVERYTHING I have written, your's falls well, well below the mark. It would be so easy to go to Radiohead.com and say "Deerr Radiohead are like the greatest" but instead I like to think of myself as a unique person, I run against the stream, to progress, to push things forward for myself. Its my mentality towards things like that, even little things, which make me who I am.

Like I said, praising someone is just too easy, and Im just too competitive to lay down.

oh wait! u just said u originally came here to make fun of them' date=' well . what can i say? THATS sad not their music .. try to do the same on a diff coldplay board and you'll see how fast they ban your ass forever..[/quote']

Wow, that bears some relevance to something even touching on what we're talking about... Not. When I say 'Make fun of them' I mean bring out in them what I believe is the truth, its my rightful opinion and I have the right to throw it all over the place. If you want to see me banned for it or if you want me to go away for having an opinion, you obviously are too weak to face up to me. That's probably why you ignore a good chunk of my post and the relevant points and examples that are included in it.

aww, dont be sad kid, i dont really hate you, i just think you're a a big headed ignorant assh0le , nothing personal.

btw, dont try to teach me lessons about music ok? i was probably in a band when u were learning to ride a bike.

That just sums up a hypocrite. So Im the big headed, ignorant asshole yet youre the one whos so wrapped up in their own opinion of what music is that I cant even TALK to you about it.

And I work with a guy who was playing drums for bands in the 60's and 70's, and I swear he just doesnt have a clue about how the industry works and his opinions are just wildly ignorant of so many factors. Not like I challenge them, I wouldnt know where to begin.

Whoa, i never had a good chance to reply this shite coz i promised i'd be good but what the fuck..

I'd come up with a smart-ass reply again to make u look stupid like before kid but nah, ppl get bored reading through all that shite so.. this is my super duper 2 words smarts ass reply :cool: ..

ready?

[scroll:a0cddf8b71]Fuck YOU![/scroll:a0cddf8b71]

:wink3: