✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Who's The Next Coldplay

Guest ultimate1guy

(Heh' date=' just realized that my 300th post was used to stand up for something. Interesting)[/quote']

And hey, I just realised that my 100th post was probably to stand up for something... and my 200th, and my 300th, and my 400th.........

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I never really got that comparasson. It seems everyone is just compared to radiohead...I mean do muse actually sound anything like radiohead?? Because I can't hear it and I listen to both bands! :dizzy2:

Thank you, someone tells the truth.

Coldplay are incredibly manufactured, seriously.

The plan behind Coldplay is to take what Radiohead did and make it more accessible, which, as a business move, is a goldmine. But music-wise, it sucks and its so bland and generic.

Wow, it seems as if negativity runs the world lately.

So WHAT if Coldplay sound a little like Radiohead. I personally don't hear it myself, but why is it so bad? Their music actually makes people feel something within themselves, what's so wrong with that? Is it because they're too mainstream and it's not cool to listen to them cos they're popular now?

I just don't get it, so many bands try so hard at what they do, only to be labeled as trying to be another band, it’s just so stupid to me, just except the fact that bands have similarities, and get the fuck over it.

So WHAT if Coldplay sound a little like Radiohead. I personally don't hear it myself, but why is it so bad? Their music actually makes people feel something within themselves, what's so wrong with that? Is it because they're too mainstream and it's not cool to listen to them cos they're popular now?

I just don't get it, so many bands try so hard at what they do, only to be labeled as trying to be another band, it’s just so stupid to me, just except the fact that bands have similarities, and get the fuck over it.

Couldn't have said it better myself!! Hear, hear!!!

:D

mandy, thats probably the best thing you ever wrote.

i guess im the only one who thinks they sound nothing alike

even if they do sound alike they arent trying to dress like them and shit

whatever

man, thats so true. i dont see chris martin doing the idioteque dance or trying to dress like thom yorke.. or sound like him. In fact, chris' voice is better than yorke's voice, i gotta admit that.

Also, radiohead is like, experimental music while coldplay plays pop rock. totally different styles.

Gotta hate people that hate coldplay just cos they sound a lil bit like radiohead. geez, its like hating oasis cos they sound like the beatles. its so stupid. people should be happy to see that their favourite bands are inspiring a new generation of bands...

..I wish my band sounded like radiohead. *sigh*

the only time, that i can think of,i could compare Radiohead and Coldplay is the song Bigger Stronger...it could be a b-side from around the time of The Bends. although, that's just my opinion. But..it doesn't even matter at all...it's not a bad thing, and they're BOUND to have had an influence on them, because they're a band that they like. Also..where is the logic in signing up to a coldplay forum, only to say they're bad. :huh:

and EVEN if it is a business move, it's better than other pretty much any other business i can think of for fun. it's not like they're harming anyone, it's just music.

To the guy who said Chris Martin isnt doing the Idioteque dance- WRONG. Well, quite...

Chris Martin has developed that Thom Yorke thing of skitzo-ing out infront of the piano, I remember first seeing it at the Brits and ever since he's been getting into his performances in the same way. I also saw them play 'In My Place' and Chris was acting quite like Thom Idioteque (Which REALLY didnt suit the tempo of In My Place).

To that heart-wrenching, Oscar winning performance from, somebody, above. Like what you want, if you dont like my opinions, dont reply to them, you dont HAVE to. If Music is the thing which motivates you most in life, then thats pretty sad. Find something better like love, or in Chris Martin's case, money.

I dont really care if Coldplay make people happy or not, I see this band called Coldplay on my TV and Im bound to have opinions, regardless of how they make people giggle and smirk.

And, in closing, for Christ's sake, buck up. Saying "Dont diss Coldplay they make people happy!" is like saying "Oh yes, you are right, can I like them anyway?".

You got no debatin' blood in ye.

yeah this makes sense, i like this post :)

To the guy who said Chris Martin isnt doing the Idioteque dance- WRONG. Well, quite...

Chris Martin has developed that Thom Yorke thing of skitzo-ing out infront of the piano, I remember first seeing it at the Brits and ever since he's been getting into his performances in the same way. I also saw them play 'In My Place' and Chris was acting quite like Thom Idioteque (Which REALLY didnt suit the tempo of In My Place).

To that heart-wrenching, Oscar winning performance from, somebody, above. Like what you want, if you dont like my opinions, dont reply to them, you dont HAVE to. If Music is the thing which motivates you most in life, then thats pretty sad. Find something better like love, or in Chris Martin's case, money.

I dont really care if Coldplay make people happy or not, I see this band called Coldplay on my TV and Im bound to have opinions, regardless of how they make people giggle and smirk.

And, in closing, for Christ's sake, buck up. Saying "Dont diss Coldplay they make people happy!" is like saying "Oh yes, you are right, can I like them anyway?".

You got no debatin' blood in ye.

First of all , fuck you.

You're just showing how stupid you really are.Chris doing a crazy dance or whatever ..so what? does that have anything to do with the music? Its pretty obvious that you're a coldplay hater so no matter what chris or any band member do, you will always say its not original and they're just lame radiohead wannabes, is that so?

I wonder, why the FUCK did u join a coldplay messageboard if u hate them so? and dont come up with the shit of ' no i dont like them ,im only here coz is a good place to chill blah blah blah' .Coldplay just happen to be a great band, they are far from sound like radiohead but is sure they have radiohead influences, but oh i guess u diss them based on that eh? ' chris is a thom yorke wannabe and they're a shitty band' and u think u know about music? dude, i feel sorry for you.

By the way, mandy just expressed what she feels about coldplay and she's so right coz i feel the same and i'd dare to say its a common feeling on this board.

Dude, you really think is sad that music is the thing that motive some ppl the most? saying that just proves you're a retard. I've been a musician for a while and i used to do it for a living when i was 16, i love music i love the way music makes me feel sometimes , like when i cant find the right words all i need to do is grab my guitar and let my feelings go through it .. that's the beauty of making music, but of course you will never understand that.

Of course i dont give a fuck about your opinions but this is just the wrong place u know, if u wanna diss coldplay or any other band (coz im sure you hate million of bands) just go somewhere else.

*ps. dont try to play the sarcastic smart ass coz i really dont give a shit

*2.-ps . To all the ppl who know me on this board im sorry u have to read all this but i cant put up with this crap aymore, hope u understand

First of all , fuck you.

You're just showing how stupid you really are.Chris doing a crazy dance or whatever ..so what? does that have something to do with the music? Its pretty obvious that you're a coldplay hater so no matter what chris or any band member do, you will always say its not original and they're just lame radiohead wannabes, is that so?

I wonder, why the FUCK did u join a coldplay messageboard if u hate them so? and dont come up with the shit of ' no i dont like them ,im only here coz is a good place to chill blah blah blah' .Coldplay just happen to be a great band, they are far from sound like radiohead but is sure they have radiohead influences, but oh i guess u diss them based on that eh? ' chris is a thom yorke wannabe and they're a shitty band' and u think u know about music? dude, i feel sorry for you.

By the way, mandy just expressed what she feels about coldplay and she's so right coz i feel the same and i'd dare to say its a common feeling on this board.

Dude, you really think is sad that music is the thing that motive some ppl the most? saying that just proves you're a retard. I've been a musician for a while and i used to do it for a living when i was 16, i love music i love the way music makes me feel sometimes , like when i cant find the right words all i need to do is grab my guitar and let my feelings go through it .. that's the beauty of making music, but of course you will never understand that.

Of course i dont give a fuck about your opinions but this is just the wrong place u know, if u wanna diss colplay or any other band (coz im sure you hate a million of bands) just go somewhere else.

*ps. dont try to play the sarcastic smart ass coz i really dont give a shit

*2.-ps . To all the ppl who know me on this board im sorry u have to read all this but i cant put up with this crap aymore, hope u understand

:stunned: i love you ren. :kiss:

You know, I've been talking to you for ages, and that's probably the best thing you ever wrote.

you're soo right about the chris thing.

even if he's doing the thom dance, who gives a shit? as long as they're making brilliant songs, i couldnt care less.

man, i'll keep bumping this thread till all the members read what you wrote, ren.

Gee you didnt do a very good job at that Velley.

And Ren it was good of you to say "fuck you" because it really makes a difference to everything Im about to say! (Theres that sarcasm)

Now, instead of the surrounding little outside pieces of Coldplay that are SOOO Radiohead, I'll do it your way, and go straight to what matters most, THE LYRICS

Radiohead have this style of writing lyrics which mixes heartfelt messages put across through 'catchphrases' or basically things that have been said before. For example, "I'm on a roll this time, I feel my luck could change". Radiohead also take things that have been said before and add little twists, example, "She's strong enough to run, she's wrong enough to run."

Now, Coldplay do this, but in a way that lacks emotion. Basically, I think most of Coldplays lyrics are so weak and bland because of this, and when I thought I was frustrated with Radiohead doing it, I had no idea what I was in for. Lines like "A tiger waiting, to be tamed" and "Nobody said it was easy (TWIST) no-one ever said it would be this hard" just kill any emotion Coldplay could have.

Before I go on, I just want to state that a considerable amount of Chris Martin's lyrics are "C'mon" "Singin..." "Ahhhh ahhh" "Ah ah ah" "Sing out..." BLAND BLAND WEAK

Another bland bland weak thing about Chris Martin's lyrics, you just know what lines are going to come blurbing out of his dribble next. He's always writing about how "I'll wait for you" "I'll always wait for you" etc. how "I want to live life..." "Life is for living..." etc. oh and oh oh oh "Come home" "Dont go" "If you go if you go, and leave me here on my own" "Home, home where I want you to go" its just mindless drivvle.

The titles of Coldplay's songs are all so bland. They just shout "Look at us, we're an interesting band and we have it all together" they just try and look as slick as possible, and this just leaves them frail without emotion. The "Slick" titles of songs such as, "Sparks" "Spies" this is a big one, "Parachutes" is the epitomy of trying to look cool, and on with it, cuz "A Rush of Blood to the Head" is just as common and bad as anything... "Politik" WITH A K, for no reason whatsoever but to look cool, and then theres songs which the title obviously has nothing to do with the song, blatantly written to gain interest and to look marketable, "Clocks" oh boy what an interesting title, "The Scientist" woooah I wonder who Chris wrote that about. Its all bullshit.

Plus, "The Scientist" just seems to me to be a cheap change on J. Greenwood's "The Tourist" written about his travelling uncle. That reminds me...

NOW, and back to the Radiohead thing. OK Computer mainly inspires Coldplay but there are Radiohead bits all over that band. The beginning drums and general style of In My Place match up with that of 'High and Dry', if you're any good at reading sheet music and notations (So its more than just the music), the forming of The Scientist is near identical to Fake Plastic Trees, and the chorus of Shiver has the exact same timing as 'Bullet proooooooooooof'. But I do like Shiver, admitadly. If I had never heard Bullet Proof I could appreciate it more. The little guitar riff's in betweent the piano at the end of 'Clocks' is signature OK Computer.

Now, I play piano, guitar, drums, harmonica and a couple of fiddly things I cant play too well. I do love getting creative, writing lyrics and music, and music is a definate factor and joy in my life. But when it comes to listening to it, I cant become blinded by people's music who are manufactured and money hungry who steal my cash by writing bland music that ANYONE could write with the right ideals and direction.

That last sentence made no sense. COLDPLAY are bland, lack emotion and are not genuine at all. Listening to their music, to me, is like piracy. And how the hell am I supposed to be uplifted by that?

If it uplifts you, then thats fine, thats great actually, diff'rent strokes for... yeah you get it. I just want to give my humble opinion (Often mistaken for alienation :wink3: ) on this band Coldplay. I originally came here to make fun of Coldplay, and people like you who hate to see me here just bring me back for more! Thanks for that.

Now I like some of the people here and its generally an easy going place to be, happy?

But I cant wait to see you're thick-headed, ignorant, random bashing of keys reply. "Fuck you for having an opinion :angry: "