✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

ok, i'm listening to the new album for the first time (even though i bought it weeks ago before i left america), and i'm not even all the way through and i had to come here and express my love for it. i've always appreciated sigur ros and loved a few songs, but i always secretly thought that jonsi's voice wastoo high for my liking and that kept me from being a rabid fan. but i think this album (i'm not even going to try to write it or say it) is what's making them "click" with me, just like other albums have for other bands. i'm completely obsessed with this. it's incredible, and i now have to go back and re-listen to everything else they've ever done, because i have a feeling it'll all sound so much more amazing to me now. goodness, this is incredible.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just grabbed a ticket to see them in October in Berkeley! I've loved their studio albums and I've just heard so much about their live show that I had to just go for it. But an outdoor show in the Bay Area of CA in October? Going to be chilly.

By the way, how amazing is Inni mer syngur vitleysingur? I think it might quite possibly one of the most joyous songs I've ever heard in my life. Oh, and does the beginning of Vio spilum endalaust remind anyone of Arcade Fire? It's another absolutely amazing song in its own right. And I think I might die when I hear Ara batur live. God, I could just keep going on...

http://stereogum.com/archives/tour-dates/sigur-ros-announce-north-american-fall-tour_010540.html

Stereogum seems to think so! And I've heard SO many people rave about them.

ok, i'm listening to the new album for the first time (even though i bought it weeks ago before i left america), and i'm not even all the way through and i had to come here and express my love for it. i've always appreciated sigur ros and loved a few songs, but i always secretly thought that jonsi's voice wastoo high for my liking and that kept me from being a rabid fan. but i think this album (i'm not even going to try to write it or say it) is what's making them "click" with me, just like other albums have for other bands. i'm completely obsessed with this. it's incredible, and i now have to go back and re-listen to everything else they've ever done, because i have a feeling it'll all sound so much more amazing to me now. goodness, this is incredible.

Oh, and Chelsea, if you're going to go poking around in the Sigur Ros back catalog, definitely check out Hoppipolla (which I would rank among my favorite songs of all time) and Se Lest on Takk and Untitled 8 on ()...and well, everything really, but those all stick out in my brain as being particularly incredible.

Just grabbed a ticket to see them in October in Berkeley! I've loved their studio albums and I've just heard so much about their live show that I had to just go for it. But an outdoor show in the Bay Area of CA in October? Going to be chilly.

By the way, how amazing is Inni mer syngur vitleysingur? I think it might quite possibly one of the most joyous songs I've ever heard in my life. Oh, and does the beginning of Vio spilum endalaust remind anyone of Arcade Fire? It's another absolutely amazing song in its own right. And I think I might die when I hear Ara batur live. God, I could just keep going on...

Awesome! I might be seeing them in October in Berkeley as well. :D Actually, I saw Tom Petty at the same place two Octobers ago... on the 26th, I think, and it was quite warm that evening. Hopefully it'll be the same for Sigur Ros.

I love Inní Mér Syngur Vitleysingur so much. It's absolutely beautiful. :smug:

Got my first sigur ros album ( ) almost a month ago. Choosing between it and takk, since I already had hoppipolla, I decided to purchase their latest..and I think it confirmed them as one of my top five favorite bands of all time. It's a lot more accessible, which is refreshing, but it's not short on chills (ara batur and all alright being some of the most outstanding examples).

I love sigur ros!

okay so i have their last three albums, but not their first two as they werent as highly recommended

personally i love their stuff a lot. its like out of this world really. although i must say i think that ( ) is a bit overrated. i like most of the songs, but i mean...its obviously repetitive, as is the point, but nevertheless, its only a great in my book :lol:

theyre great though. im glad i found out about them through this site and coldplays interest in them.

I see them tomorrow night, less that 24 hours in fact! :D:D:D

I can't bloody wait :dance: :dance: :dance:

I've been waiting to see them in such a long time and now, the time has come :nice:

Takk Sigur Ros :heart:

I see them tomorrow night, less that 24 hours in fact! :D:D:D

I can't bloody wait :dance: :dance: :dance:

I've been waiting to see them in such a long time and now, the time has come :nice:

Takk Sigur Ros :heart:

You should be back by now... details, details! :D

I might be seeing them in October in Berkeley. :wacky:

yeah same was with me, i mean Jonsi;s voice. At first listen i liked some songs at once, but sometimes was tired of his voice, but time after time i got used to it and now i'm enjoying almost all their songs, apparantly my family not :D everytime i play Sigur Ros my sis goes like: Not again!! :D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH! It was AMAZING :heart::stunned::stunned::stunned::heart: Below are pics of the venue followed by the all important setlist to come :D

dsc00004ac4.jpg

The show was amazing! It truly was magical. Every single person in the audience staring in awe at the band... It was spectacular :stunned:

srof6.jpgsr4pj6.jpg

sr5ia0.jpgsr6ij6.jpg

Setlist • 01 August 08 • Melbourne Festival Hall, Australia

01) Svefn-g-englar

02) Glosoli

03) Sé Lest

04)

05) Ný Batterí

06) Við Spilum Endalaust

07) Hoppípolla

08) Með Blóðnasir

09)

10) Suð Í Eyrum

11) Fljótavík

12) Sæglópur

13) Inní Mér Syngur Vitleysingur

14)

15) Gobbledigook

-------------------------------------------------------

Encore #1

16) Festival

Encore #2

17) All Alright

The missing names are for songs that I still can't place at the moment. If/when I figure it out, I'll add them to the list. None of those missing are from Takk, I know that much lol.

It was mind-blowing! It truly was! Each song just kept building and building up and wow, just an amazing performance by the band. Once again, Jonsi was spot on :D I love this setlist already, though had it included Gong and Starálfur, I'd be in heaven :nice: They played Hoppípolla which, wow, once the audience heart it starting, the crowd started cheering and applauding...then all fell silent and the band was full-blown center of attention with every single pair of eyes on them with little to no movement from the entire crowd.

I'm pretty sure it was during Fljótavík that the blue lights settled to the roof of the arena and small snowflake-like confetti fell slowly on a small part of the audience. It was magical as the blue lights hit the thousands of little pieces falling... Just watching it fall, and it seemed like they fell so slowly too, you really did have a sense of what the band was trying to say, like what mood they wanted to create... :nice:

During Gobbledigook huge bursts of confetti, larger this time and way more in-your-face start a couples times from each side to the standing audience in the pit area. It really just pumps you up - Aaaaaah, it was amazing! :dance: They also get everyone to clap and the energy in the entire place picks up, seriously, it's a sight to see!!!

I'm excited for the next lot of people who get to see them :) If you haven't bought your ticket or am still deciding on whether or not to go, GO, you won't regret it :D:D:D:D

Setlist • 01 August 08 • Melbourne Festival Hall, Australia

01) Svefn-g-englar

02) Glosoli

03) Sé Lest

04)

05) Ný Batterí

06) Við Spilum Endalaust

07) Hoppípolla

08) Með Blóðnasir

09)

10) Suð Í Eyrum

11) Fljótavík

12) Sæglópur

13) Inní Mér Syngur Vitleysingur

14)

15) Gobbledigook

Encore #1

16) Festival

Encore #2

17) All Alright

The missing names are for songs that I still can't place at the moment. If/when I figure it out, I'll add them to the list. None of those missing are from Takk, I know that much lol.

It was mind-blowing! It truly was! Each song just kept building and building up and wow, just an amazing performance by the band. Once again, Jonsi was spot on :D I love this setlist already, though had it included Gong and Starálfur, I'd be in heaven :nice: They played Hoppípolla which, wow, once the audience heart it starting, the crowd started cheering and applauding...then all fell silent and the band was full-blown center of attention with every single pair of eyes on them with little to no movement from the entire crowd.

I'm pretty sure it was during Fljótavík that the blue lights settled to the roof of the arena and small snowflake-like confetti fell slowly on a small part of the audience. It was magical as the blue lights hit the thousands of little pieces falling... Just watching it fall, and it seemed like they fell so slowly too, you really did have a sense of what the band was trying to say, like what mood they wanted to create... :nice:

During Gobbledigook huge bursts of confetti, larger this time and way more in-your-face start a couples times from each side to the standing audience in the pit area. It really just pumps you up - Aaaaaah, it was amazing! :dance: They also get everyone to clap and the energy in the entire place picks up, seriously, it's a sight to see!!!

I'm excited for the next lot of people who get to see them :) If you haven't bought your ticket or am still deciding on whether or not to go, GO, you won't regret it :D:D:D:D

omg, youre too luckly!!

seems that you enjoyed a lot the moment!!

sigur rose is one of the best band at this moment!!

highly, highly recomended!! they can make feeling you something diferent with their music.