✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

^ that sounds interesting Erin. i'm sure if anyone can help you with that it's Will :wink: i'd still be deciding on who to do it on a week before it's due or something, there are tooo many great guitarists to chose from :tongue:

There really are... that's why you're supposed to pick a favorite. And how do you know it's not a week before it's due? :confused: Actually, that would be starting really early for me...

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I was wondering if anyone would do me a favour and point me in the right direction here, just in case I'm missing anything obvious.

I'm taking this guitar class for college, and I have to write a report on a favorite guitarist. (Feels like grade school all over again :lol: ) Anyway, I though Jonsi would be a really interesting person to write about, but I need to find some reliable sources.

Their website is one, but things like good fansites, articles and interviews, books even... things that I can actually cite as a source and that will tell me basics like their background or what equipment Jonsi uses, or more specific things like playing style or quotes or whatever.

I'm just so used to going to the library for these sorts of things, it's kind of weird to do it on a topic that is a little too new for a library to be of any use. :dizzy:

Thanks, guys. ;)

alrighty then, what is it exactly you want? there's some info about Jonsi in wikipedia but it doesnt say much, only about where he got his bow from and all. there are some interviews on http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/intervi.php which you might find usefull, there's even an audio interview but i havent listened to the whole things just yet. ill try to look around some more. i know its not much but i hope i helped :) good luck with ur assignment.

hello there, people who also like Sigur Rós! :D

I can't find anybody around here who does, or who even knows who they are at all! :\

I hope I'll be able to see them live somday! I've seen videos and they are amazing!!!

hey sofy! great to hear your love sigur ros. in aus most people have heard their music without knowing who they are lol.

i find it impossible for people who have heard their music and/or seen their clips and not liked this band - impossible!

the next time they come to australia i will be there! :D

i heard Hoppípolla on an ad for a Newcastle bridal something the other day! it was on the tv, i heard it and was like :stunned: Sigur Rós! but it turned out to be just background music on an ad hehe but i was still excited.

yeah sofy its the same here in australia. only people with good taste in music like them, which is part of the appeal. and like kathy said yeah people in australia will have heard them, but known it was sigur ros.

sigur ros' music is like a treasure chest, only those who have the key can admire the beauty within

hey sofy! great to hear your love sigur ros. in aus most people have heard their music without knowing who they are lol.

i find it impossible for people who have heard their music and/or seen their clips and not liked this band - impossible!

the next time they come to australia i will be there! :D

Well, i've been trying to "convert" some of my friends, as I did with coldplay! but it's dfficult here to even find someone who knows about coldplay...but this few people who listened to them really liked their music! it was funny because the following day they came talking about their history or things like that, showing they had done some research on the internet :laugh3:

anyway, you're gonna see them live! you lucky duck! :P

the discovery channel uses hoppippola for an ad, now that i remember! everytime it's on i start shouting everyone "shut up, shhh!" :laugh3: besides the images they show are beautiful! i love it!

hello there, people who also like Sigur Rós! :D

I can't find anybody around here who does, or who even knows who they are at all! :\

I hope I'll be able to see them live somday! I've seen videos and they are amazing!!!

welcome to the club!! ;) i have the same problem - only I'm listening to them and only I know them (and my friend has heard them too (because of me) but she's not so fond of them).. and I hope I'll see them live some day!

Agaetis Byjrun is fucking perfect :nice: both the song and the album, but the song is just wow! makes me feel soooo good and comfortable, just like approaching someone and tell her/him everything you feel for/about him :nice: its so damn good i cant describe. God i love Sigur Ros

wahaha, i was gonna ask you if i could save it...

that's difficult to answer...i went to look at my Takk download, ant it says it's from the 19th March 2006! :stunned: a whole year since that!

i can't remember when i first heard about them, though, i think i read something about them in this site, and downloaded the album to see what it was...oh, no, i remember i went to youtube and watched Glosoli video!!! so i was hooked then! I love that song! :smug:

ermm let me think... since May or June i think. i had Glosoli and i found it amazing so i went and bought Takk and i suddenly stoped listening to anything else, then i bought Agaetis Byrjun and ( ) and im hooked. they're out of this world, too damn amazing to describe.

totally! when people ask me what their music is like, or who they sound like, i just don't know what to say! it's so different from everything i've heard! it just sounds like feelings.......but i wouldn't say that to people :lol:

i cant find their cds here! that sucks!

well, i've got to go now, or i'll never finish my homework :laugh3: see you around! :kiss: