✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate the latest movie you've seen

*Justine*

At cinema: "Eat, Pray, Love" (Julia Roberts) 3/10.

It got 39% on Rotten Tomatoes' "Tomatometer", and I reckon they were being generous.

The film was riddled with caricatures, stereotypes and cliches from the very outset, and came across like a big cartoon.

Yet another film which didn't seem to be sure whether it was meant to be a comedy (in which case it was dire), a rom-com or a "voyage of discovery".

Does Hollywood actually think countries like Italy and India are really like that, or are American film audiences really that geographically unaware?

Either way, it's pathetic.

Perhaps it was another excuse for a big star to film in exotic locations and get a big paycheck (as it appeared was the case with "Knight and Day").

Curiously enough, this was the second film where I actually walked out before the end, "Knight and Day" being the first.

Anyway, "Eat, Pray, YAWN" would have been a far more appropriate title (and the person I was with actually DID fall asleep during it).:dozey:

Don't waste ya money, peeps!

Saw it. Not great, but it was based on a book.

I hear there's a sequel in the offing.;)

Considering that one guy got arrested, one guy got sent to the hospital, one had to push the family business to bankruptcy, two never showed up and went to Florida and one killed himself, I consider that highly unlikely.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw it. Not great, but it was based on a book.

That's no excuse. The book may well have been good, but it's the way it was interpreted that sucked.;)

Considering that one guy got arrested, one guy got sent to the hospital, one had to push the family business to bankruptcy, two never showed up and went to Florida and one killed himself, I consider that highly unlikely.

No Dinner At Nine, then?:(