✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate the latest movie you've seen

*Justine*

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you gave it a 5 cause you didnt understand it?

Oh no, I understood it.... I just thought the film was poor. The side characters weren't fleshed out. Hell the main characters weren't much more than skeletons. Michael Caines character seemed like an afterthough. There was no backstory to why they were delving into the asian guys head. Just seemed more like an empty vessel to show off the CGI and leonardo de caprio

You can't save a film just with CGI. I've nothing against CGI... it worked with avatar and titanic.

The 'confusion' was not with the understanding, but with the inception and the implementation.

It may still become a cult classic, but that depends on an editors cut and 20-30mins of extra storyline... after all I remember terminator coming out the first time round and it not being that well received, and Arnie being seen as a joke. See what happened there.

S

i might be taking this the wrong way but are you saying titanic was a better film than inception?

btw the background of saito would take away from the actual point of the film. cobb really didnt have a choice when saito made him an offer. he really had no other way to get back to his kids other than saito's plan.

i might be taking this the wrong way but are you saying titanic was a better film than inception?

Yes, you are. And No I'm not.

btw the background of saito would take away from the actual point of the film. cobb really didnt have a choice when saito made him an offer. he really had no other way to get back to his kids other than saito's plan.

I disagree, it might have actually given the film a point!

The film was watchable, but unremarkable...

It may still become a cult classic, but that depends on an editors cut and 20-30mins of extra storyline... after all I remember terminator coming out the first time round and it not being that well received, and Arnie being seen as a joke. See what happened there.

Inception is pretty well received though.

Inception is pretty well received though.

Ha, you're all getting very defensive! I've seen the reviews. Not much middle ground.... a bit like marmite. I just left the cinema thinking that was 2hrs I could have spent doing something constructive.

I never felt engaged to the characters or the plot... which I though was complicated, rushed and shoehorned into too tight a fit. The architect they brought in bought into the concept too easily as did the chemist. There was no background to the company caprio's character worked for that caused the concept of the film, or the different aspects/components of the dream like the architect.

Technically it was brilliant, and enjoyable to watch in a let your mind wander sort of way. But for me it was jerky and overedited.

Anyway... onto the next film...

Ha, you're all getting very defensive! I've seen the reviews. Not much middle ground.... a bit like marmite. I just left the cinema thinking that was 2hrs I could have spent doing something constructive.

I never felt engaged to the characters or the plot... which I though was complicated, rushed and shoehorned into too tight a fit. The architect they brought in bought into the concept too easily as did the chemist. There was no background to the company caprio's character worked for that caused the concept of the film, or the different aspects/components of the dream like the architect.

Technically it was brilliant, and enjoyable to watch in a let your mind wander sort of way. But for me it was jerky and overedited.

Anyway... onto the next film...

Nah, I wasn't getting defensive, I just wanted to point that out. I agree with your points about the lack of character development. In a way you're just dropped into the story, the world where apparently it's normal that you can create and enter dreams, without knowing the characters and you hardly get to know them at all. So I agree with you on that.

It just didn't make it less of a movie for me. I didn't really miss it... maybe I'm just a sucker for visual effects.