✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I have a question!!

Sternly

'it makes no sense at all'

that's one beauty of "the trial"...the character is clearly a strange guy..there's a trial but we are never explained why or who is putting him on trial? although they seem to be powerful, why do they sit in the loft of a cheap block of flats? this novel consists of mysteries which make it so good..even small things like never knowing Joseph K's second name really puzzle you..

Kafka is one of the greats of modern classic literature..his writing style is brilliant, which makes reading even more enjoyable, you are not tied down to long descriptive passages..the exact descriptions of places help you envisage the atmosphere or surroundings of his main characters..especially in Joseph's case

if you didn't appreciate this novel...don't even bother reading Kafka's other stuff..

that's one beauty of "the trial"...the character is clearly a strange guy..there's a trial but we are never explained why or who is putting him on trial? although they seem to be powerful, why do they sit in the loft of a cheap block of flats? this novel consists of mysteries which make it so good..even small things like never knowing Joseph K's second name really puzzle you..

Kafka is one of the greats of modern classic literature..his writing style is brilliant, which makes reading even more enjoyable, you are not tied down to long descriptive passages..the exact descriptions of places help you envisage the atmosphere or surroundings of his main characters..especially in Joseph's case

if you didn't appreciate this novel...don't even bother reading Kafka's other stuff..

You said it right! :D

Yea, my teacher told me that the book really wasn't supposed to make sense.

But there's a limit, you know? Like, after three chapters i started to get really pissed off with the story's lack of sense. And i stopped reading it four days ago, i'll probably restart reading it today.

And you're right, i'm pretty sure that i won't like kafka's other books cos i've heard that his books are all alike: a bunch of non-sense stuff.

I can see why some people would like his books though, but meh, they just bore me. Now, if we had to read anything by stephen king, I'd be really happy. HE makes some good novels.

goooo on lets hear it :P

haha

The original joke was

I have a question too

"Sternly, why don't you just stfu?"

But i didn't want to start all the anti-carla arguments again, and have 100 people telling me that i'm an asshole, and then i'd tell em again "geez people, chill out" and there would be more people saying "yea, same shit again thom, fook off"

So it probably was wise to not post that.

• 3 years later...