✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

~*~ The Official Will Champion Appreciation Thread ~*~

Breakfast_of_CHAMPION

I'm telling you...California road trip the next time they tour! They usually perform at least 5 shows here and I'm going to do my damndest to be at all of them. And I have to go back to Florida to make up for Tampa.

I really hope Will has more solos with this next cd - I just adore his voice, and he could definitely sing and play at the same time - look at Phil Collins! This summer, I went to a lot of concerts, and at every one, I just can't help but compare Will's playing with all the other drummers. I must admit, though, that Dom Howard is pretty good ;) But Will has style when he plays. One of the shows we went to, the drummer for the opening band, well, it was painful to watch...he was visibly counting time, ONE two three four, ONE two three four. When I listen to all the Coldplay songs I have, they are magic all together, but I can isolate out the drums, and I die all over again. LOL I also love the simplicity of his drum kit. So many drummers have these enormous kits, and well, I think they just get in the way.

Sure wish I could get to England in December, but it's just not gonna happen this year :( That's why I'm still holding onto hope for the AMAs in 12 days...but I just don't know. Two more bands were just added, and they adding more every day, so my fingers are crossed...

I soo agree, I would love to have Will do more singing on his own, his voice is so, not sure how to put it...clean, I guess. It's like listening to someone in your family sing to you, it's just comfortable and easy. I also agree about his drumming, I also love how is kit is simplistic and he can make it sound 10 times better than those massive kits other drummers use. I hope you get to go to all the shows you want! Maybe I will be at a few of them, I have yet to see them in California and I can't wait to see them in Seattle since I just moved here a year ago :D

Breakfast_of_CHAMPION , marie/pims , lfdianne what to say, well, I love your posts :heart: I would really want to write something from me but I SO agree with you... It's not only about Will's playing or singing, and not even his hotness, but what I love the most about him is his great personality, warm, kind, and caring. He's fucking awesome.
You are soo right, he is fucking awesome!!

The reason I have so much WILLUV is because when I was first into Coldplay, I didn't really have a favorite member, I just loved there music sooo much and when I went to my first show and got to meet the band, it was Will that I met first, he was so nice came up to me shook my hand talked for a bit and was gracious when I asked to have my pic taken with him, he then signed my poster... To, Mary w/love Coldplay and then signed his name. How sweet!! That is when I fell for Will, 8 years ago now...wow! but I haven't stopped!

That's great story Mary!

I'm so sad that they're so far from me. I mean maybe not that far, but still...

Uh and with me it was like hmmm. I started to listen Clocks some years ago and saw their picture in my winamp. I was in the thinking-about-life-era back then :D So I wondered. Hm, this guy. I wonder what it would be like if I fell for him, mhm. And then after some years I saw Viva La Vida performance for Brit Awards and saw them my first time. I started to listen more, and more and then started to adore Will and so on :P His so lovely. But I want to see them so much. But thanks to you guys I received LRLRL CD and LIJ Butterflies, and of course I can talk about my passion here. Thanks.

That's great story Mary!

Uh and with me it was like hmmm. I started to listen Clocks some years ago and saw their picture in my winamp. I was in the thinking-about-life-era back then :D So I wondered. Hm, this guy. I wonder what it would be like if I fell for him, mhm. And then after some years I saw Viva La Vida performance for Brit Awards and saw them my first time. I started to listen more, and more and then started to adore Will and so on :P His so lovely. But I want to see them so much. But thanks to you guys I received LRLRL CD and LIJ Butterflies, and of course I can talk about my passion here. Thanks.

Remember that picture of him playing the accordion? Maybe he'll play some that. I hope so. I think it could be fun.I like bands like Mumford and Sons, Beach House, Midlake, the Gulag Orchestra and use accordions. I think it can work well

Ohhhh...Mumford & Sons <3 I saw them a few weeks ago. Absolutely fabulous show. And such freaking nice, humble guys who were having a blast on stage in Hollywood :) I'm so glad I was able to get tickets and see them.

And I have Will to thank for it, too...LOL...way back when Coldplay got back from the Latin America tour, someone asked Oracle if she'd heard of Mumford & Sons. She said she had and that Will had gone to see them in London the day after they flew back from Mexico. That got my interest, so I looked into Mumford and Sons, fell hard for their music, and just love them now.

^yeah they're great. My flatmate is a musician and actually played some sessions with them not too long ago.So last time they were in London I got free tickets.

(Not to make you jealous, but I,ll see Interpol for free soon. My flat mates' band is opening for them)

Wow! That's great. I feel very lucky to have seem M&S and to have had the sense to buy tix as soon as they went on sale. There's a funny story. We were in Vancouver, BC, the day they went on sale, so I called my friend here in Southern California to hurry and go online to buy my tickets. She did. The best part? The tix were only $25 each! That was in August, before they started getting a lot of airplay here. By the day of the concert, they were way more popular, and I saw that people were paying more than $200 for the tickets :)

That's great story Mary!

how can you not love Will, I think if I never met him, I would still love him :) he is just so talented and amazing! I am sad that you are so far away and can't see them but I am glad you can come here and talk about Coldplay/Will :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwwHWPob5ZE&feature=related]YouTube - Coldplay - " Death Will Never Conquer " Live & Acoustic on I Heart Radio[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdWkp4K4WKc&feature=related]YouTube - Coldplay - God Put a Smile Upon Your Face/Talk (Techno Remix) - Live In Melbourne (HD)[/ame]