✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What are you reading right now?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Amazing book :D. Dense in some parts (with the histories of philosophy etc), but so awesome.

I'm reading Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby. I just picked it up as something random to read on the plane, but it turns out it's about this guy that's obsessed with this band/artist and writes on a messageboard all the time...turns out I can kind of relate to that :lol:.

I read “The God Delusion” now. This book really stretch you mind. It is wonderful and i think every one to read this book. I learn something new every time to read this book. I read all the Dawkins books but i think God Delusion is really fantastic book.

The Power of One. I know it's one of those books everyone's meant to have read by the time they're 15 or whatever.. but meh. I like it :)

that book is a classic (to me anyway)! :D

but it's kinda heavy reading from anyone below 15, isn't it?

i first read it in the 90s when i was 15+(ish) & when i had it with me in school, my classmates were more interested in how thick the book was than the contents...they actually measured it with a ruler! :dozey:

in any case, i still re-read it to this day, even in it's yellowing & falling apart state...

& while the sequel Tandia was good, it still isn't as good as The Power of One.

The Power of One. I know it's one of those books everyone's meant to have read by the time they're 15 or whatever.. but meh. I like it :)

Seconded the above - it's a beautiful classic. Never been able to track the film down for some reason, though I'm sure it's not a patch on the book.

Presently working my way through the Narnia series for the first time in twenty or so years. Presently up to Prince Caspian which means my favourite of the series (A Horse and His Boy) is already past - boo!

Seconded the above - it's a beautiful classic. Never been able to track the film down for some reason, though I'm sure it's not a patch on the book.

i've watched the film adaptation with Stephen Dorff, Morgan Freeman & Daniel Craig...was alright, but felt rushed & lots of changes to the general storyline too.

Spent a good 4 hours today, reading 213 pages.

El salón de ámbar by Matilde Asensi

8.5/10

at the begining the action was a bit slow and i didn't liked some intentions of the story, but over all was good reading, at the middle got addicted to the main plot of the story.

shocking ending, a bit too 'sweet'. I liked how the actions seemed to advance, but almost all the time in the rigth direction was a bit disappointing it could have had a bit more action - that or once again i'm too used to those kind of "thriller" stories that i predict the end in the middle of it-, which luckily happened at the end - i liked the little girl help as it was unexpected.

i expected it to have more parts in german, portuguese and french but well.

Now i wonder if her next book Iacobus is the second part of it or not.

that book is a classic (to me anyway)! :D

but it's kinda heavy reading from anyone below 15, isn't it?

in any case, i still re-read it to this day, even in it's yellowing & falling apart state...

& while the sequel Tandia was good, it still isn't as good as The Power of One.

That's what I would've thought, I just remember hearing someone say that once :P

I think it would be lost on someone much younger than that, it's pretty deep! So far, anyway :P

Presently working my way through the Narnia series for the first time in twenty or so years. Presently up to Prince Caspian which means my favourite of the series (A Horse and His Boy) is already past - boo!

I love the Narnia series! The movies don't do them justice.