✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

songs you WISH coldplay would sing

cold_kitty

I've been thinking more about these songs...

I have just listened to U2. Two albums. The Joshua Tree & War. And, even though they aren't U2, I think it'd be really, REALLY awesome if they were to do 'Sunday Bloody Sunday,' even though Chris (while I do love his voice) could not pull off Bono's voice.

Another song I'd love to hear them cover would be 'Bullet the Blue Sky,' but, yet again, the whole vocals issue.

Johnny is The Edge. I know his guitar playing has been compared to the U2 legend. That would be no problem. Will and Guy are competent players, just like Larry Muellen Jr. and Adam Clayton.

I don't know. That's my opinion. I love Coldplay and I love U2.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He might be able to pull of "City Of Blinding Lights"... but I'd love to see them play "Bullet The Blue Sky" just to hear them tackle an angry song. And now that I think about it, that particular song doesn't seem too far-fetched.

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Chris said he tried singing Bohemian Rhapsody in a karaoke bar once and he was so bad he had to stop after the first verse. :D

Ooh, since I'm in a lovey-dovey mood, I'd love it if he sang MJ's Human Nature or Liberian Girl. :dazzled:

But no one's ever successfully covered MJ.

I'll return here when I'm in a a less gay mood with more songs like All These Things That I've Done.

• 2 months later...

I'd love to hear a live version of Up with the Birds or Don't Let it Break your Heart or even a rearranged version of Speed of Sound before I hear a cover.

Having said that, I was listening to Let It Be today at work and I would love to hear Coldplay perform that song. I also really enjoy the tiny Rehab snippet (despite the wrong lyrics) that Chris sings before Fix You. I'd pay to hear the whole song with just him and the organ.

• 2 weeks later...