✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Daft Punk

gib786

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys were expecting too much

I like Doin' It Right, Give Life Back To Music and Lose Yourself To Dance. Giorgio by Moroder is good until it gets all prog-y.

I'm happy that they're making music that they've been trying to make for so long. I knew that I wasn't going to like most of it, my favourite Daft Punk songs are the real noisy house jams from the first album...

OH WELL, this might be like Human After All where everyone hates it but then they go on tour in a few years and everyone is all "oh yeah those songs weren't so bad"

I wasn't expecting much at all, so I don't think that's the case.

I don't see how people didn't get bored of get Lucky after the first three listens. I barely got through the first listen, such was the annoying and cheesey repetition. I like Pharell sometimes but him and Nile Rodgers haven't brought out the best in Daft Punk. The poppiness of the album makes me seriously doubt this will be a grower. It tends to be a case of catchiness (which isn't annoying) and getting it first time with these kind of endeavours.

you guys were expecting too much

I like Doin' It Right, Give Life Back To Music and Lose Yourself To Dance. Giorgio by Moroder is good until it gets all prog-y.

I'm happy that they're making music that they've been trying to make for so long. I knew that I wasn't going to like most of it, my favourite Daft Punk songs are the real noisy house jams from the first album...

OH WELL, this might be like Human After All where everyone hates it but then they go on tour in a few years and everyone is all "oh yeah those songs weren't so bad"

I haven't heard the album but Human After All wasn't the unmasking that everyone expected into warm, heart-felt French disco, it was a literal apology that the band weren't superhuman.

And to me, Get Lucky was the human side of Daft Punk that I'd waited for, for eight years. Nile and Pharrell added a bit of soul into it; even if all Pharrell can do is empty apodyopsis, it's got a bit more relatability to it than Technologic or Television Rules the Nation. The track harked back to Digital Love for me; it was as much "glamorous rock star" as it was "play this to get girls".

I won't go on about the album - as I said, I've still not listened - but the expectation has been, as you say, considerably high. All I can say is that regardless of the hype/anti-hype, I played air-guitar to this band when I was 9. They've always been the coolest band on the planet for me, I don't care about anyone else who's decided that in the past three weeks. </rant>

I listened to the album 3 times before they took it down on Youtube and I thought it was bloody great.

Taking the album as a whole its really well put together, some lovely melodies, flows well and the artists cited as influencing the album really came through upon listening.

Yes it's a departure from what I would normally associate with Daft Punk but in progressing they've produced a great album. Get Lucky manages to fit in with the whole feel of the album as well.

No idea how they're gonna play any of it to a pumped up crowd though, I can only guess that they'll beef them up for their live set.

Boring album, but I feel like part of the reason this album is such a disappointment is that Daft Punk's legend and mystery has evolved into something it isn't. Every rumor and every piece of hype was so drawn out for many years that people had delusions of grandeur about Daft Punk's music.

Hoping it's a grower, since I now like "Get Lucky" better than I did at first.

Love the funky stuff on the record, but just wondering if, after all the hype, there is no one listening to it?

Get Lucky is on Spotify nr. 3 most popular single in Germany, but Random Acces Memories is not even in the Top 100? (can't get it to show the international numbers, just shows an empty list).

With Rolling Stone and Pitchfork and everybody else having their cover story dedicated to Daft Punk, I was a bit surprised. Maybe I'm just to much following twitter and global music sites and we Germans are slower :D