✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

NEWS: Michigan Preparing To Let Doctors Refuse To Treat Gays

*Justine*

(Lansing, Michigan) Doctors or other health care providers could not be disciplined or sued if they refuse to treat gay patients under legislation passed Wednesday by the Michigan House.

The bill allows health care workers to refuse service to anyone on moral, ethical or religious grounds.

The Republican dominated House passed the measure as dozens of Catholics looked on from the gallery. The Michigan Catholic Conference, which pushed for the bills, hosted a legislative day for Catholics on Wednesday at the state Capitol.

The bills now go the Senate, which also is controlled by Republicans.

The Conscientious Objector Policy Act would allow health care providers to assert their objection within 24 hours of when they receive notice of a patient or procedure with which they don't agree. However, it would prohibit emergency treatment to be refused.

Full story: http://www.proudparenting.com/page.cfm?Sec...snippetset=yes#

Lansing, Michigan) Doctors or other health care providers could not be disciplined or sued if they refuse to treat gay patients under legislation passed Wednesday by the Michigan House.

The bill allows health care workers to refuse service to anyone on moral, ethical or religious grounds.

The Republican dominated House passed the measure as dozens of Catholics looked on from the gallery. The Michigan Catholic Conference, which pushed for the bills, hosted a legislative day for Catholics on Wednesday at the state Capitol.

The bills now go the Senate, which also is controlled by Republicans.

The Conscientious Objector Policy Act would allow health care providers to assert their objection within 24 hours of when they receive notice of a patient or procedure with which they don't agree. However, it would prohibit emergency treatment to be refused.

i think that's absolutely disgusting

A doctor can always refuse to treat someone. Nobody can force him/her to do it.

also a pharmacist can refuse to sell something over the counter if it infringes on for example their religious beliefs. there was something about that over here in the news recently. i think it was a muslim woman who wouldn't sell the morning after pill because she doesnt believe it should be used.

what does everyone think about stuff like that?

It's bushaphobia :lol:

Gays have the same rights as straight people. Last time I looked, it said that all men are equal :/

you must have seen wrong, it says all real men are equal, not gays..... jk jk.but i happen to believe the docters should have the right to do that, itsa free country, i mean i think my docter would have the right to stop seeing me if he said i was too short, just like gay doctors should have the right not to see straight men if they wish, it should be up to them.