✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official Gorillaz Thread

crackerjack

by the way who knows where does Damon Albarn live?)) i know his undeground station, the colour of a house but maybe someone knows more?)

I'm sorry but I don't think you'll find the answer to that on this thread... we admire the man's work, but don't really see the point in seeking out his house and finding him.

Best to leave him to himself and his family, I think.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BIG SIGH

Here we go...

^Lizzy said it ain't real. I trust her more than rumours and bad journalism.

naww :blush:

Well, in one link I read, it said Damon Albarn indeed said something on their final live performance that they may never do it again, so we'll see.

Meh, but he seriously says that AFTER EVERYTHING. He's so dramatic about that stuff, really I've learned not to take his talk of things ending very seriously at all.

And well Briggs texted me that earlier today before I got home and saw Denholm confirming this (Jamie's son). Before seeing him confirm that I thought it was TOTALLY a bold faced lie and just someone trying for a story.

And OK I am pasting my rant from my tumblr over here LOL

This is all I’m going to say about this whole ‘Gorillaz panic’ going on. Please, please, please guys don’t be so sad or freaking out because Damon and Jamie had a fight. I don’t know what went on between them lately, it honestly came as a huge shock to me. They looked so happy in recent interviews and then Damon saying how well they all bonded on this tour. All this talk about their fun in Australia together and I mean they all got tattoos together for fucks sake!

I guess they did have a legit “falling out” of some sort recently, but you know I don’t see this lasting. They have wayyy too much chemistry together as friends to keep this up. No one makes me laugh like the two of them do, I could watch Bananaz forever and never stop laughing at them, they are too hilarious. They’ve been friends for how long now too? 13 years or something and known each other almost 20 years. I love their friendship and I just want them to be both be ok. I know how much it hurts having a falling out with a close friend, I can’t even imagine in their case.

If Gorillaz are really over, then that’s ok with me. They are not my favorite band, I could really care less. Because I know whatever Damon is working on next, I’m going to love it AND I just want him to do whatever is going to make him happy.

And yes OF COURSE that article was written terribly and I didn’t believe one word of it until later today when a kind person on here showed me some hard evidence of it being true. That’s when it hit me really. And I still don’t know if I believe all of the facts of that article either. Jamie’s “partying ways”? That seems weird as Damon’s the one stoned and tipsy meeting fans every night xD

And if that is true about Jamie saying Damon’s many other side projects are getting in the way of Gorillaz, then yeah that does piss me off a bit. Damon has given up a hell of a lot for Gorillaz and I really hope none of that has to do with the fact that Damon’s meeting up with Blur again. But of course who knows if that is true.

Then Jamie and his breakup with his girlfriend who he has been with for years and now already this new girlfriend, is he ok? Plus there was something about him on vaca with this new girlfriend when him and Damon are suppose to be working on their opera together now. So I can see why that would piss Damon off.

I just have a feeling it will work out. Damon has the ability of getting back into people’s lives, he likes to have a lil fight with them and then let things calm down then worm his way back in. Really I get it. I do this too. STOP COPYING ME OWLBARN.

So yes, don’t freak out yet, I think it will be ok. Just give them some time to be apart. They have such a beautiful friendship and I just want them to be still be friends in the end, I don’t even care if they don’t work together anymore, just want them to be ok.

AHEM so yeah basically it sounds like they had a big fight the week after the tour ended about some things. Maybe is was serious? But what friendships don't have their arguments? And maybe they are done with Gorillaz. It's not a huge surprise to me. But I don't think it's entirely based on them all of the sudden hating each other. I think Damon's a bit tired maybe of it. He's been meeting back with Blur this week and maybe they just need a break. Gorillaz albums are always like 5 years in between them anyway, in 5 more years we might have another album. But like I said I'm not too sad about this. I think they'll be making up in no time, they live right next to each other, their studios are in the same building, their families take vacas together. It really just sounds like the end of the tour coming to a head with some drama.

Let's not get too upset about it, even if the name Gorillaz isn't around Damon will always be making cool music to me.

Well, in one link I read, it said Damon Albarn indeed said something on their final live performance that they may never do it again, so we'll see.

I think he said that it will be the last time he plays with the Plastic Beach line-up (Mick, Paul, Jeff, etc)

Related news, Citigroup have adquired EMI (after they were indebted in 3.4 billion... jesus, how can that even be possible?

In other words, Damon/Gorillaz might be dropped by EMI

I checked Denholm's formspring again today. I don't want to post the link I dont know if there are any weird lurkers (errm the chick asking for Damon's address on the last page, pls go away lol)

But this sounds more likey:

"i dont know alot but i can say is, gorillaz arent likely to 'break up' damon and my dad are just gunna take a while off it to pursue other projects, and they have been working together for roughly 12 years, so there gunna have a bit of friction with each other i suppose, i guess they might just need a bit of time apart?"

"Hey everyonee, listen, i just spoke to my dad and told him about this, and he said its rubbish, they have kinda fallen out, just not about the reasons stated above in the article, they’re just taking time apart from each other to work on other projects :) gorillaz are not gunna split up, its fine :) ignore this tabloid x

p.s. stop posting my formspring link on here :L"

then he says he's sure they will work it out.

So see I think it's a lot of hype and a lot of annoying fans acting like it's the apocalypse. Ugh please people have some faith.

All of their albums are like 5 years apart anyway I don't see why it matters that they are on hiatus. See I don't understand this about Gorillaz fans (not particularly anyone on here) but as long as Damon is making music I iz happy. Besides he's made it clear Gorillaz won't always be his priority. I think it was starting to get old to him anyway. Watch their interviews he talks all the time how he gets burned out on one thing then has to leave it completely alone and do other things then him and Jamie get an idea years later for something and go with it. They didn't even think they were going to make a 3rd. album, but it came. It's why their albums are so far apart, he likes to do other things in between and let it rest. Totally makes sense to me, I don't know why it's so hard to understand.

All of their albums are like 5 years apart anyway I don't see why it matters that they are on hiatus. See I don't understand this about Gorillaz fans (not particularly anyone on here) but as long as Damon is making music I iz happy. Besides he's made it clear Gorillaz won't always be his priority. I think it was starting to get old to him anyway. Watch their interviews he talks all the time how he gets burned out on one thing then has to leave it completely alone and do other things then him and Jamie get an idea years later for something and go with it. They didn't even think they were going to make a 3rd. album, but it came. It's why their albums are so far apart, he likes to do other things in between and let it rest. Totally makes sense to me, I don't know why it's so hard to understand.

Same thing. I really want to see what project (apart form the opera) will start with.

Given that I don't really care much for Blur at all, I guess I'm personally just bitter that he's going back to his original band. If that's what he wants to do, good for him, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Who knows if he's going back to Blur? For all i know, Dave's the only one i can trust when talking about Blur.

Never trust Damon (recent example is the small jam they were supposed to do on January, i still don't know what happened with that).

^ You're so right. But I creep on Grahamsy's facebook and it looks like they've been meeting. I think just hanging out together which of course makes me melt with happiness :blush: They don't know if they are gonna release anything yet because Graham's got a new album out soon and Damon's got other stuff at the mo. but uhhhhghgh just thinking about them two back writing songs makes me shiver *FLAILS*

OH and I think he's working lately on his sis's, Jessica Albarn's book which is getting made into a kid's movie. Doing the soundtrack and stuff for it.

tumblr_lfp3zfxHod1qbuv8xo1_500.jpg

This was Jan. 19th. Adorbz.

And I guess he said the album with Flea is basically recorded so maybe that next? Ughhg so many things, me happy.

Hi :) How is everybody?

It's been a long time since I didn't post messages. All that story seems to have grown considerably last weeks (I saw this on tumblr :o), it was time for the band to said something about that.

But if they actually announced the end of Gorillaz it wouldn't be the end of the world to me because I had not hoped for a third album and a world tour a year ago.

Well I went to Denmark Street (which has some of the best music shops in the world in) and I went into one of the shops and I coincidently met 3 guys from my class there and I turned around and Jeff was there checking out guitars. And I thought to myself :stunned: I KNOW YOU!... and I kinda followed him out as he was leaving and had a quick chat :P But the conversation went something like:

Me: Jeff!

*Jeff turns around*

Me: Hows it going?? What are you doing here?

Jeff: Just checking out guitars man.

Me: Not happy with your Jag?

Jeff: Yeah it's cool, just checking out what they've got

*Jeffs friends join us*

Me: How's Gorillaz going?

*Jeffs friends start distracting*

Me: Well I'll let you get back to having a look around, have a good night!

Jeff: You too!

He was very quiet and it wasn't really an exciting conversation but I went to HMV and bought Doncamatic on vinyl in celebration :lol: